Hung cam2cam?

B_8strong8long

Just Browsing
Media
Checkout Strong & Long Magazine for hung dude cam2cam...
http://www.girls.strongandlong.com (horse hung guys for girls)
http://www.guys.strongandlong.com (horse hung guys for guys)

It's an exhibitionist magazine that just launched 2 days ago, I'm the chief editor over there, and we've got 4 way video chat built in. So up to 4 hung guys can cam with each other and see each other. 1 to 4 hung dudes can also cam for an audience of unlimited size... we're all about showing off.

Yes, that's me in the video that plays when the site launches, I do a live weekly cam show.

Tallguy9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
tallguypns said:
It would be rather nice to NOT have to use a microsoft product to get there.

Agreed!
How retro is that lol!!
Make it Firefox friendly or I for one can't be bothered

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
tallguypns said:
It would be rather nice to NOT have to use a microsoft product to get there.
I only use Firefox now. EVERY time I am forced launch IE, my firewall and spyware software go CRAZY, setting off all of their alarms. There's no way I'm launching that virus magnet, just to see dick.

B_8strong8long

Just Browsing
Media
Hey guys, yeah it would be nice if it was firefox\netscape compiant but there are reasons why it isn't. We are working to make it compliant with firefox, but if you could see it you would instantly know that the technology is very high-end, and being that it's based on Microsoft technologies it works quite well and quite naturally in IE.

When we get it working with firefox I'll shoot out an update to let all the firefox users know.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
8strong8long said:
...if you could see it you would instantly know that the technology is very high-end, and being that it's based on Microsoft technologies it works quite well and quite naturally in IE.
They may be brilliant technologies, but they skim Macs, Linux, and the growing number of those who refuse to use IE right off the top of your potential clients list, by blocking them from even seeing it. :wink:

PinkSteel

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
8strong8long said:
, but if you could see it you would instantly know that the technology is very high-end, and being that it's based on Microsoft technologies it works quite well and quite naturally in IE.

When we get it working with firefox I'll shoot out an update to let all the firefox users know.

That is sooo far from being true. It's Microsofts way of trying to take over the browser world. A well produced web page should be available to any browser.
It's like being limited to only shopping at Walmart.

B_8strong8long

Just Browsing
Media
All, forgive the tech babble in advance...

novice_btm, I agree with you. Yes it does leave certain users out of the mix when technologies diverge and that's no fun.

PInkSteel, I'm afraid you are off base. No, using Microsoft is not at all like shopping only at wallmart. I'm a software engineer and I assure you that MS technologies are very solid in the web space, DB space, and in general. The type of technology we used, the .NET framewok, (which does aim to support netscape and firefox through ASP.NET by the way) is more often reserved for corporate and big budget operations where as PHP and other open source technologies (which are free) are more widespread for forum type sites.

The issue with why we don't support Firefox isn't so much Microsoft in specific, rather it's that IE and Firefox actually interprit design objects differently. This doesn't impact you if all you're doing is something very vanilla, but our design is more intricate than that, and being that 85% of the public uses IE we decided to launch as IE only. We will circle back around and fix that.

If you look at Google and Yahoo, and any number of sites that work across all browsers you'll find that a) they all look sort of the same, and b) the design is very simple. Where IE really offers the sky as the limit for developers, firefox\netscape is a lot more limiting, so developers have to make a choice vanilla and support all, complex and support all (more work), complex and support just IE.

The best business dessision is generally the first one, but the site my team and I put together, as exhibitionists, is a labor of love as much as a business investment. We simply didn't want to do another vanilla site. We decided to go complex and support all, but the more work part will take a little time for us to allow firefox users.

To make a long story short however, downgrading your vision to create a vanilla site that will work with every browser on launch feels much more like shopping at Walmart to me than using the latest programming technologies to produce an experience that, while it may be less accessible, is unique. To me the latter sounds much more like shopping designer brand name.

I do understand that it is frustrating though to not have your browser supported, so again we're fixing that, I just had to correct that Wallmart statement.

typhu31

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok i am just giong to say, well it is a nice site, great looking show there strong, good luck with the site :)