I think this younger guy is trying to flirt with me a little …

Kinglmao

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ok so this guy at work who’s 18 has been giving me hints . Like he told me to visit the department he works in sometime and smiling very hard. He likes to talk to me when he gets the chance . I’m in my late 20s so he’s definitely too young for me . But idk how to let him down easy if he’s giving me hints . I feel like he’d be attractive if he was over or atleast 24. Though I feel kinda hypocritical cause I started dating my ex when I was 19 and he was 26. I was a sophomore in college though but still I was young. And then also this asmr manifestation lady says be open to love or. Man in whatever form it comes but he way too young . I’m not tripping am I ? Is there a perspective I’m missing? Am I a hypocrite? Also there is a possibility he wants to be friends but am I too old to be his friend ? Maybe gay mentor ? Should I just be rude and not talk to him?

I mean it's your personal perception, but I don't think your age difference is anything crazy. I don't think any (legal) age difference is crazy. My ex (54) is dating and living with a 21yo. To each their own.

If you definitely don't want this, I wouldn't be rude to him, he's just being nice. It takes a lot to let someone know you like them, that would be embarrassing to him. If you want him to know how you feel, just talk to him privately and say you're flattered and all but that you don't think it will work out (or say you just started seeing someone else). If he's normal, then he'll know and can move on. If he becomes pushier about it, you can be more strict about where you stand.