Is there really still a "circumsized is better" culture?

D

deleted645791

Calling these "ignorant opinions" when the subject is by and large an aesthetic (from the perspective of women) doesn't make much sense to me. This is a subjective, not objective, issue. People like what pleases them, and it doesn't matter how they came to that decision.
That's a good point, it is all subjective. I feel strongly about it because I wasn't given a choice, but I also recognize that my perspective is biased for that reason, so I never pass judgment on my female friends for making their preferences known. Calling their opinions "ignorant" here was very judgmental and I regret the use of that word. Just because a subjective opinion differs from mine, that doesn't make it less valid.

This seems weird to me. The opposite has been my experience. It seems like all guys who have been cut say that all women tell them that they prefer cut. Those that are intact say that all women tell them they prefer intact. Either we aren't being honest about what we've been told, or women aren't being honest some amount of the time. Maybe women are just being nice and saying they prefer whatever you have because that's what you do when you're having sex with someone. If I'm sleeping with a woman and she has some attribute that maybe stands out and she asks me about that attribute, I'm not going to tell her "No, I don't really like that" unless I want to offend her and stop having sex immediately.

In all fairness, my sample size is at most five different women. When its has come up, they have mentioned it in the context of sleeping with someone who was uncut. But again, five opinions is by no means a representative sample, I was just sharing my experience. I'm willing to bet if I was a millennial and not a Gen Xer, the opinions would be different since more young people are being left intact.

Reactions: ItsAll4Kim

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Not sure I agree...I am actually petty neutral in circumcision...and can see merit in both sides

However I noticed the pro circ folks are like...eh I prefer it

The pro foreskin people...are like super militant and angry.....like its a human rights violations in par with apartide

Even in here...uncut guys are louder and prouder......they jump all over any circ related threads

Notice few if any circumcised fella have screen names....cutTim.....or smegmafreeALEX

Or have political messages in thumbnail

This doesn't really follow with what I was responding to. The person said that "cut is always better," I disagreed with that in the post you quoted. It has nothing to do with how militant or proud or whatever either side of the debate it. It was simply that cut is not always better because there are people that disagree.

Last edited:

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Not sure I agree...I am actually petty neutral in circumcision...and can see merit in both sides

However I noticed the pro circ folks are like...eh I prefer it

The pro foreskin people...are like super militant and angry.....like its a human rights violations in par with apartide

Even in here...uncut guys are louder and prouder......they jump all over any circ related threads

Notice few if any circumcised fella have screen names....cutTim.....or smegmafreeALEX

Or have political messages in thumbnail

Also, the fact that circumcised guys don't include that in their name kind of proves the point of the culture being questioned in this thread. If you are part of the predominant culture you normally won't make a point of identifying that you belong to that group. If you are a member of a sub-culture, I suppose, or have some trait that you are proud of that makes you different than the norm, then you'll be more likely to include something like that in your name.

I'm not militant or angry, but I do think circumcision is a pretty disgusting practice when done to an unwilling child. And since we have a culture which insults men who have a penis in its natural state, a complete penis, there is some defensiveness when someone says something like "cut is always better" and multiple people agree. It simply isn't true, its only a matter of opinion and some people don't know why you shouldn't express opinion as fact.

And of course uncircumcised guys are louder in the circumcision threads. If they weren't then those thread would turn into more insults towards the uncircumcised. However, if you look through the healthy penis heading in this forum you will find a few circumcision fetish threads that weren't taken over by people who are opposed to circumcision.

But now you are trying to start a different conversation. The purpose of this thread is whether or not there really is a circumcised is better culture. The post that I replied to confirms that yes, there is.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
This doesn't really follow with what I was responding to. The person said that "cut is always better," I disagreed with that in the post you quoted. It has nothing to do with how militant or proud or whatever either side of the debate it. It was simply that cut is not always better because there are people that disagree.
Actually I does.....we are having really civil combo here.....and you make strong points

I dont want to come off as agumentitive....so don't take this as hostile(it is not)

This is the response I was addressing

On this website that seems to be the majority of people.

So to make my response more concise

Yes it seems to be the majority in this site....OR maybe they are just LOUDER

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Actually I does.....we are having really civil combo here.....and you make strong points

I dont want to come off as agumentitive....so don't take this as hostile(it is not)

This is the response I was addressing

So to make my response more concise

Yes it seems to be the majority in this site....OR maybe they are just LOUDER

I really don't think that if that was your point then it was made clearly in your last reply which was really just a criticism of people who are or prefer uncircumcised. For every person on this forum that screams about one side there is someone that screams about the other. But the point is, I was replying to someone who was loudly saying that "cut is always better" so I have to disagree with your point, especially since others have replied in agreement with that persons post.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
I really don't think that if that was your point then it was made clearly in your last reply which was really just a criticism of people who are or prefer uncircumcised. For every person on this forum that screams about one side there is someone that screams about the other. But the point is, I was replying to someone who was loudly saying that "cut is always better" so I have to disagree with your point, especially since others have replied in agreement with that persons post.
But ofcoarse

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
That's a good point, it is all subjective. I feel strongly about it because I wasn't given a choice, but I also recognize that my perspective is biased for that reason, so I never pass judgment on my female friends for making their preferences known. Calling their opinions "ignorant" here was very judgmental and I regret the use of that word. Just because a subjective opinion differs from mine, that doesn't make it less valid.

Thank you so much for this.

Reactions: deleted645791

Wei

Admired Member
Media
Monterey Park (California, United States)
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Also, the fact that circumcised guys don't include that in their name kind of proves the point of the culture being questioned in this thread. If you are part of the predominant culture you normally won't make a point of identifying that you belong to that group. If you are a member of a sub-culture, I suppose, or have some trait that you are proud of that makes you different than the norm, then you'll be more likely to include something like that in your name.

I'm not militant or angry, but I do think circumcision is a pretty disgusting practice when done to an unwilling child. And since we have a culture which insults men who have a penis in its natural state, a complete penis, there is some defensiveness when someone says something like "cut is always better" and multiple people agree. It simply isn't true, its only a matter of opinion and some people don't know why you shouldn't express opinion as fact.

And of course uncircumcised guys are louder in the circumcision threads. If they weren't then those thread would turn into more insults towards the uncircumcised. However, if you look through the healthy penis heading in this forum you will find a few circumcision fetish threads that weren't taken over by people who are opposed to circumcision.

But now you are trying to start a different conversation. The purpose of this thread is whether or not there really is a circumcised is better culture. The post that I replied to confirms that yes, there is.

Excellent post and I strongly agree with the sentiments expressed....

Wei

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Cut!
USA
Most women in the USA prefer cut cock. It’s not right or wrong it just is just like in other countries it’s the opposite.

We've already discussed this. What you are experiencing is women saying that whatever you are is what they prefer. It's why the women I've been with always tell me they prefer uncircumcised, and when they are with a circumcised man they probably say the opposite. I'm sure the women who have told you that they prefer a cut cock have said the opposite to guys who still have their entire penis. The fact is, when you're having sex with someone you aren't going to say something they don't want to hear unless you want the sex to stop immediately.

S

SirConcis

IntactMale,

Growing up uncut and going through puberty reading all te pro circ propaganda of the days, I too was very much against circumcision. And at that time, there weren't Internet outlets to debate this. Towards 1980, circ ended in Québec, so there wasn't much need to fight it (and ironically this is when I trimmed my foreskin, which, years later realized made e circumcised)

In your case (or rather these days). the "pro circ" arguments have narrowed to cosmetic, and reduces health problems. There are no longer attacks on how a foreskin causes cancer, constant infections, give the female partner cervical cancer etc etc.

You'll note that the medical reports still state thatc ircumcision does reduce problems, but also state that the amplitute of those problems does not warrant widespread RIC. So this basically leaves the cultural/cosmetic issue which is very much emotional issue. Yes, some will say uncut is ugly (and there are some very iugly uncuts out there, but not everyone has an ugly foreskin).

Here is where I am getting at: with the attacks on the foreskin (to justify circumcision) pretty much gone, there is no real need to be on such a high defensive state all the time. You have to accept that some prefer the circumcised model, and some prefer the uncut model.

The problem with being constantly on the defensive is that you are fighting a war that no longer needs to be fought.

And when intacxtivists start to make claims such as no need to wash, no need to retract, phimosis is normal even in adult, glans shouldn't be exposed when erect, that smegma is natural lubricant, it shifts the debate to "ludicrous" instead of keeping it to the right arguments on whether cut or unuct looks best or works best and issues of right to choose.

IntactMale,

Growing up uncut and going through puberty reading all te pro circ propaganda of the days, I too was very much against circumcision. And at that time, there weren't Internet outlets to debate this. Towards 1980, circ ended in Québec, so there wasn't much need to fight it (and ironically this is when I trimmed my foreskin, which, years later realized made e circumcised)

In your case (or rather these days). the "pro circ" arguments have narrowed to cosmetic, and reduces health problems. There are no longer attacks on how a foreskin causes cancer, constant infections, give the female partner cervical cancer etc etc.

You'll note that the medical reports still state thatc ircumcision does reduce problems, but also state that the amplitute of those problems does not warrant widespread RIC. So this basically leaves the cultural/cosmetic issue which is very much emotional issue. Yes, some will say uncut is ugly (and there are some very iugly uncuts out there, but not everyone has an ugly foreskin).

Here is where I am getting at: with the attacks on the foreskin (to justify circumcision) pretty much gone, there is no real need to be on such a high defensive state all the time. You have to accept that some prefer the circumcised model, and some prefer the uncut model.

The problem with being constantly on the defensive is that you are fighting a war that no longer needs to be fought.

And when intacxtivists start to make claims such as no need to wash, no need to retract, phimosis is normal even in adult, glans shouldn't be exposed when erect, that smegma is natural lubricant, it shifts the debate to "ludicrous" instead of keeping it to the right arguments on whether cut or unuct looks best or works best and issues of right to choose.
When you come from the states you can talk about how being uncut doesn’t need to be defended.

Reactions: DiomedesXVI and Wei
D

deleted15807

You have to accept that some prefer the circumcised model, and some prefer the uncut model.

Some guys will never accept it. Have you ever seen the anger some guys have against women who like large penises? They take it deeply personal and engage in relentless attacks against those females. It's life move on.

Reactions: XXXWolverineXXX

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
IntactMale,

I know you don't want a response from me since you didn't actually reply to me or put an @ in front of my name. I'm not defensive, I'm very happy and proud that I have a complete penis. But the fact is that there is still a "circumcised is better." I've provided examples of it in pop culture, and other participants on this thread have made it obvious that the culture still exists with their posts.

Your argument is kind of flawed. If something isn't that big of a problem then you should stop fighting to change it because some people will make bad arguments with the same goal as yours, that's basically your point. If other people had this mindset then we would have given up on attempting to achieve any kind of equality based on race or gender a long time ago. I think the just give up because its good enough logic makes one look pathetic.

In my opinion, everyone rightly has their own preference. However, it would be fairer to say that being circumcised is not worse than being uncircumcised.
Maybe if your being polite about it.

Come on, all surgery causes issues. Just because it “looks nice” and functions doesn’t mean it’s equal. Sorry to say to us cut guys whether by choice or not.

I can easily say and accept that me getting a PA, and that it has its amount of damage. Is it noticeable? Who is to say. Circumcision has some pretty obvious changes and some of those changes have affects that can manifest now or later.

This is not talking about RIC which is proven to produce psychological effects in infants and for some of us adults.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DiomedesXVI and Wei

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
My position on this subject is quite particular. Where I was born and I live, circumcision is done only for strictly medical reasons (for example if there is need in the presence of phimosis) and there is not a widespread culture (I mean how in the USA where newborn are often circumcised). However, for various reasons that it is not important to specify now, I would have liked to have been circumcised, better if I had done it when I was a child. Despite my idea, I am not at the same time agree with those who want to spread the habit of circumcising newborns. So, even if it seems difficult, I summarize: I am not circumcised, but I would have preferred it. However, I am against imposing it almost as mandatory practice (to be clear, if many do, even those who are not entirely in favor are often led to follow the majority not to be seen as different or strange). Everyone, at a certain age, for example when a boy can understand the various anatomical differences, should be free to choose what to do. About what I wrote previously, I meant to say that in being circumcised I do not see all this negativity that many underline. While being a surgical practice, I believe that any negative and positive effects are balanced. Furthermore, I would not call it a mutilation, but a modification of one's own body. In fact, the word mutilation is always used with an absolutely negative and derogatory meaning. While technically, despite being there obvious anatomical differences, a circumcised penis is still functioning...