Is there really such a thing as bi-sexual?

Lee_M

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Let me firstly clarify by saying of course I believe a person can be attracted to more than one gender, and that gender alone is not always the deciding factor on who you feel attracted and connected to.

My question is, can bi-sexually truly be equal in terms of liking each gender exactly the same amount, or is there a natural inclination to sway more to one gender than the other?

As a straight woman who sees both the pros and cons of each male and female, I find it intriguing that someone could like them exactly 50/50 with no overall inclination for one over the other.

Note: I am talking an overall, not a case by case preference.

Let me firstly clarify by saying of course I believe a person can be attracted to more than one gender, and that gender alone is not always the deciding factor on who you feel attracted and connected to.

My question is, can bi-sexually truly be equal in terms of liking each gender exactly the same amount, or is there a natural inclination to sway more to one gender than the other?

As a straight woman who sees both the pros and cons of each male and female, I find it intriguing that someone could like them exactly 50/50 with no overall inclination for one over the other.

Note: I am talking an overall, not a case by case preference.
I think it's a good question. 50/50 bisexuality is of course possible but unusual in my experience, usually there's a preference for one or other gender, though that can also change over time.

Reactions: alcor972

It is never 50-50 and even for an individual, it is never the same. I like orange juice today tomorrow and day after but then I start liking apple juice. Sonetimes Ilike to mix the two. Sometimes I mix it equally sometimes I vary the proportion. And sometimes I dont like juices at all.

There are so many permutation and combinations that you cannot affix a constant to it. Sexuality is fluid.

AdamHenry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Have been attractive to both sexes since grammar school. Although I get a sexual response for certain males, I haven't had M4M sex of any kind. Love the hell outta women though if that makes sense.

Reactions: HungBeau

Masseurman

Expert Member
Media
Being bisexual does not mean you have to like both sexes equally. Take a sampling of 10 men and 10 women. Maybe one bisexual person is attracted to 5 of the men and only 2 of the women. A different bisexual person may be attracted to 3 of the men and 3 of the women. A third bisexual person may be attracted to all 10 men and all 10 women. I think too many personal characteristics are involved with the bisexual person and the many possibilities of which people that bisexual will meet to be able to give a percentage of what he/she is attracted to more.

Reactions: 950483 and alcor972

oojacob

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i consider myself bi because
a.) I enjoy sex with men....penis....and everything sexual with men
b.) I enjoy sex with woman....vagina...and everything sexual with woman.

I say the sexual experience for me is 100% satisfying with either a man...or woman.

Now does that mean i'm 50/50? Probably not. If i'm at the pool...that hot shirtless guy with the amazing body steals all the attention and i wont notice the dozens of attractive women.

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it can't be then that would literally be limiting humanity in general. Not only that but limiting humanity in general simply because you don't fully understand something/someone/someones.

Reactions: ronin001

kyle2457

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Personally I know that sexually I enjoy both but emotionally I have yet to develop the same feelings for men that I did for women. I enjoy both companies, cuddling and such, but I don't see myself establishing a long term relationship with a man. Maybe it's because I haven't met the right one, because I did try to date a few men, but it never lasted more than a few weeks.

Reactions: alcor972
D

deleted871301

I met a guy many years ago who identified as bisexual. I asked him to please explain to me what it's like to be bisexual to help me get a better understanding of it. Did he like men more than women or women more than men?

His response was that he didn't focus on the sexual orientation of the person he was attracted to but rather on the person themselves... personality, level of attractiveness and compatibility.

He added that once he started dating someone, they would be exclusive. He did not date both men and women at the same time meaning he did not switch on different days of the week.