Ladies: A Call For Attention

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hello,

I hope your day is going well. Im going to keep this brief for the question itself is a simple one:

In your opinion what makes a man, well, a man?

Now, I only ask that what you write is your truth, meaning please take some time to reflect. There's no agenda to this unless you count an "agenda" being my hope that a healthy debate is sparked and new ideas are formed.

If my rhetoric to these sentences are coming off a bit sarcastic, you're picking up on my playful tone. I will truly read every word for I am truly interested. I hate when people waste other people's time. That's a true betrayal.

Thank you for your time Ladies. Know that I've been reading the forums and I find your words very enlightening.

I wait with bated breath,

A7

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
A man reads profiles and signatures and doesn’t randomly follow women.
Well, a decent human does that....

a man is someone who identifies as a man.
A gentleman has some level of compassion, and manners, maybe some culture.
A man’s man hangs out in his undies watching sports or some such drivel.
A ladies man is a ho.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Nothing. There is no criteria. Same for women. Same for non-binary people.

I don't need to be "qualified" or "validated" to be a real woman. I feel the same way about men. A man is a man when he knows it's his identity and that's who he truly feels comfortable being. That's it.

And men can be a number of things. They can be confident, or arrogant. They can be humble, or insecure. Character traits don't define whether or not someone is a "real man", because any character traits you can apply to men can and do apply to non-men.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Nothing makes

I don't need to be "qualified" or "validated" to be a real woman. I feel the same way about men. A man is a man when he knows it's his identity and that's who he truly feels comfortable being. That's it.

And men can be a number of things. They can be confident, or arrogant. They can be humble, or insecure. Character traits don't define whether or not someone is a "real man", because any character traits you can apply to men can and do apply to non-men.
This. Just this. All this. Always this.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't say what a real man is. Cuz I take a spin on advice from a Skin Horse, you're not real until you love yourself/can be loved by others.

il_794xN.493780481_7053.jpg

I can speak on what type of man catches my attention.

Kind
Funny
Knowledge seeking.
Has a passion, could be a cause, could be hobby, could be his ride *only if he did the work*
Can list his Top 5 Vampire, Werewolf, Zombie and Giant Shark movies.
Can admit he's wrong.
Can express his needs, honestly.
Is fair in his dealings.
Likes spicy food.
Can be vulnerable.
Is above manipulation.
Will rock a Jack Skellington or Blue Shark onesie.
Loves music.

All of the above can be a work in progress. So long as progress is made.

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Thank you for the time and thought you put into your post.

I agree with you when you say, "'I don't need to be 'qualified' or 'validated' to be a real woman. I feel the same way about men."' Honestly, you hit the nail on the head.

But at no fault to you, I believe I asked too vague of question which was intentional. I am more wondering about your own opinion. Do you have any character traits that you perceive a man should carry: ie a protector, provider, or teammate?

I'm not trying to make this a man verse woman comparison. I just want to know your personal opinion. Like you said, who cares what anybody thinks. Of course I'm paraphrasing here, but my intent behind this question is trying to find a way on how to articulate mental attraction, whether that be for poetry or educational purposes for teaching.

Again, a big thank you. I know the internet is hard to trust, but I'm being genuine.

I'm a curious soul.

-A7

Last edited:

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can't say what a real man is. Cuz I take a spin on advice from a Skin Horse, you're not real until you love yourself/can be loved by others.

Kind
Funny
Knowledge seeking.
Has a passion, could be a cause, could be hobby, could be his ride *only if he did the work*
Can admit he's wrong.
Is fair in his dealings.
Likes spicy food.
Can be vulnerable.
Is above manipulation.
Loves music.

That sounds like a great man or woman! (If that is where you want to take it! I have no bias).

Thank you so much for your honesty and time.

I really enjoyed the character trait of expressing one's needs, honestly...

As a man that has served in the military, I have a certain confidence / cocky pride that makes it really hard for me to articulate a "need." It's like the Marine corps train me not to be human. Like Sting says we humans are fragile, but Marines can't be.

I don't say this to act as an excuse for other men, but thank you for saying this because it highlights a good character trait that I must make sure I keep shining. Don't let the good traits rust!

Again, thank you. I wish you a beautiful rest of your day!

- A7

Last edited:
Reactions: MickeyLee

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Kind
Funny
Knowledge seeking.
Can admit he's wrong.
Is fair in his dealings.
Likes spicy food.
Can be vulnerable.
Is above manipulation.
Loves music.

Also, I just read that poem of the skin horse (Velveteen Rabbit: awesome title) and I want to research the author a bit.
Do they have an indigenous background? I guess I can check, haha.

This poem has a very indigenous feel to it. I'm surprised it was a skin horse and not a crow! As for the content, very on the nose. I'll spare you my philosophical epiphanies! Hahaha!

Awesome, great share!

- A7

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Certainly,

But can I get context first? I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the word "real" was never in my question?

I was hoping your subjective point of view would give me a form of your reality so that I could maybe form a connection with the avatar on your page. Really explore the wonders of this human experience!

But I got your hint.. I unfollowed you. I'm sorry I pressed that button before reading your profile.

Again I could be wrong, but your answer implied quite a bit of hostility towards the male mind in general. Which is okay! At first, we should all be skeptical of everything!

- A7

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All I have are qualities that I find I like in a man. I like competent men. Good general knowledge and common sense. I like respectful men, intelligent men. Hard working men. Funny men. Self deprecating. Confident men. Men who make me feel safe and loved. Men who aren’t afraid of self growth or learning.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Certainly,

But can I get context first? I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the word "real" was never in my question?

I was hoping your subjective point of view would give me a form of your reality so that I could maybe form a connection with the avatar on your page. Really explore the wonders of this human experience!

But I got your hint.. I unfollowed you. I'm sorry I pressed that button before reading your profile.

Again I could be wrong, but your answer implied quite a bit of hostility towards the male mind in general. Which is okay! At first, we should all be skeptical of everything!

- A7
You asked what makes a man a man. This closely ties with “real men.” Which implies “unreal/fake/less than men.”

are you seeking qualities than make A “good man?” see the Good Men Project.

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No it doesn't.

What makes "a man, well, a man," implies nothing but the words written. Now, I can't control your interpretation and I really can't control your projections. I am no expert so I'm not going to sit here and psychoanalyze you. Funny, I see a lot of Avatar profiles on here acting like they are.

Again, thank you for your contribution.

- A7

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You asked what makes a man a man. This closely ties with “real men.” Which implies “unreal/fake/less than men.”

are you seeking qualities than make A “good man?” see the Good Men Project.

Now, if you want to call me an "aggressive male" for asking a vague question to set you up to see what "women" on here are holding any prejudice that makes their opinion overly bias (hidden agenda to manipulate)... that would be a valid observation.
My answer: Well, I think that's good information to know.

- A7

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A man is a real man when he makes a woman feel like a real woman.

Hell yeah!

And do you agree that can be done through establishing trust which can only be done through the hard work of communication? Or do you think there's other methods to achieve this. Layered or on their own?

- A7

AverageSe7en31

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All I have are qualities that I find I like in a man. I like competent men. Good general knowledge and common sense. I like respectful men, intelligent men. Hard working men. Funny men. Self deprecating. Confident men. Men who make me feel safe and loved. Men who aren’t afraid of self growth or learning.

That is beautiful!

I literally laughed out loud when I read the "self-deprecating trait." I look for the same in my relationships.

Something about a person that can laugh at themselves! they just have fun with what is!

Self growth and love... Now we all strive for that.

Thank you so much for being brave and sharing your honest truth. Your mind is a beautiful one. That list you conducted had a lot of care and love. We need more of you!

- A7

Reactions: LaFemme