Ladies, post your pets

D

deleted5791141

We use Naturally Fresh pellet litter. It’s walnut shells. It is non-clumping though so we do have to use a special litter box for it (like this):
312A32BB-3598-4A91-80EF-79136AADAB1C.jpeg

it has a tray underneath to catch the urine. We buy these from amazon and change the pad out twice a week (although we only have one cat so you might need to change more often).

CA0A1DDC-0717-4708-BE8A-5443B69CF832.jpeg

it takes some getting used to but so far, the pug hasn’t been too interested in anything to do with the litter box.

We keep the litter box in the laundry room on top of a mat to keep the litter from spreading out (although it doesn’t wander too much). And we scoop poop daily and put the poops inside this:

B54661E3-4027-4070-BAC1-4B244104FFDF.jpeg

Again - it took some getting used to but I would never go back to what we used to have with previous cats.

good luck! Having a pup or two that likes tootsie rolls can be a problem. :p

Reactions: Enid and MickeyLee

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I use pine based litters, too. It really seems to eliminate scents and is really easy to change.

Knowing Ms Femme uses pine litter gives me nice cuddly "doing right by the kittehs" feels. Cuz trust in the wisdom of LaFemme.

Also heaps better for Blue Earth Momma.

Made from milling scraps of fast growth trees. None of the strip mining needed for some clumping litters. Wood litters are totes biodegradable and don't make trouble in landfills.

Better for the critter, no-low dust and non-reactive in da tummy from ingestion.

Litter from recycled newspapers are pretty cool.

Reactions: LaFemme and Enid

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Im not a lady but got that abyssinian devil from my parents 2 weeks ago.
Not sure what one of those is but imagining something like...

cat-from-hell-pet-costume-xl.jpg

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
My doggos also see the cat litter boxes as thier own personal Templeton moment..

I went with a different style litter box. A top entry box for the chonky/lazy cats*. The other two boxes are up out of reach from doggos.

On the litter rec side, myself and my kittehs have had luck with pine-based litters. Cedarific Natural Cat Litter and Feline Pine. Both are great at stank control and are easy keepers. Also huge ass bag for not much monies.

*there is a post about the doggos trying to whack a mole the cats at first. Dexter is of diminutive stature?

Just ordered feline pine and a new litter box, the kind with the tray at the bottom like @JadedViolet suggested for a pine, non clumping litter. So excited! I absolutely hated that Dr Eisley litter. I hate clay litters anyways, much preferred the corn but was at my wit's end trying stuff Dexter would not eat.

Sanitizing my XL triangular litter box and giving the last bit of Dr Eisley to a friend who uses only clay litters and loves the size & shape of my current box.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Kitteh paws crossed for litter box success.

Kitteh thumbs up for passing on box and sand to another humom.

Tbh, still not 100% sure if I could use feline pine non clumping litter with the box i still have. From my research, a box with the pan down at the bottom works best with this type of litter. If i couldn't get someone to take the box, or a shelter that would accept it, i was just going to get a clumping pine litter i found. Anyhoo, new box coming today + litter so super excited!

Reactions: MickeyLee

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We are now back to being a three kitty household by bringing home this little guy; although at four years old he will actually be the middle child. Just hope he comes out of his shell eventually as he is scared to death of his new situation and only wants to find a place to hide.

DSCF5428.JPG

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We are now back to being a three kitty household by bringing home this little guy; although at four years old he will actually be the middle child. Just hope he comes out of his shell eventually as he is scared to death of his new situation and only wants to find a place to hide.

View attachment 21619111

Hey, lil kitteh dude, the humans ya live with are good ones. It's okay to trust them. Also. Treats. I have a feeling they are treats for kittehs peoples.

Scritches from kittehbat

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Trying to get newbie kitty used to the rest of the tribe while still letting him feel safe. So far everyone is showing tolerance...other than a hiss or two. Hopefully can take the step of total integration in a week or two. Everything about him screams patience and slow and steady.

DSCF5565.JPG