Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Been good progress with Newbie (not his real name). While he still runs and hides from us if you approach him or even sometimes just walk around the house while he's out, if you do manage to put him on your lap and pet him he will be in absolute ecstasy and fall asleep in your lap. Even finally got him to purr, which is mid-volume between our Tabby's jet engine purr and our Tortie's silent running one. He is fast becoming a love bug, but only when he feels relaxed and safe enough.

DSCF5865.JPG

I'm very surprised he's been hitting it off so well with the girl kitty. I guess she finally found a cat she can expend her crazy energy with and their favorite activity seems to be the "Let's race around the house together for no good reason" game. He's also very vocal and having a lot of one-sided conversations with her (and sometimes no one in particular). Despite still needing patient work, he's come a long way in a short period.

DSCF5886.JPG

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Did you know reverse sneezing is a thing dogs sometimes do?

It's called paroxysmal respiration. Mostly harmless and usually related to irritation or anxiety. Home treatment includes briefly closing the dogs nostrils or blowing in their face. You're trying to trigger a swallowing reflex.

Did you know that if someone doesn't know about reverse sneezing and that person's dog suddenly starts reverse sneezing that the human involved might momentarily freak the fuck out?

Yeah. Spaz is good.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

It's called paroxysmal respiration. Mostly harmless and usually related to irritation or anxiety. Home treatment includes briefly closing the dogs nostrils or blowing in their face. You're trying to trigger a swallowing reflex.

Did you know that if someone doesn't know about reverse sneezing and that person's dog suddenly starts reverse sneezing that the human involved might momentarily freak the fuck out?

Yeah. Spaz is good.
People may not know about dogs Dry Drowning either. Rather than link is best to look up.

Reactions: MickeyLee

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Yeah. Spaz is good.
Yes! I used to have two little Papillons that did this, it certainly freaked us out when they first started to do the reverse sneeze thing when they got excited. When I spoke with our vet he said that it was a common feature of toy breeds because their little wind pipes are so small they can collapse momentarily, apparently some can starve themselves of air and pass out briefly but mine never did, strange thing to witness tho X

Reactions: MickeyLee

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Bob has lost one pound! I'm so glad. His weight gain was my fault really, gradually I got very lazy and thoughtless over the pandemic/WFH and started feeding them dry food for dinner more and more nights a week. My PRE-Covid plan was giving them vet recommended dry food for dinner 1-2 dinners a week, almost always Friday and Saturday nights. But as quarantine progressed, it slowly became up to 5 & 6 times a week. Way too chomkifying :(

Motherfucker still ways 24 lbs

3YywSKP.jpg

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Bob has lost one pound! I'm so glad. His weight gain was my fault really, gradually I got very lazy and thoughtless over the pandemic/WFH and started feeding them dry food for dinner more and more nights a week. My PRE-Covid plan was giving them vet recommended dry food for dinner 1-2 dinners a week, almost always Friday and Saturday nights. But as quarantine progressed, it slowly became up to 5 & 6 times a week. Way too chomkifying :(

Motherfucker still ways 24 lbs

3YywSKP.jpg

WEIGHS! I'm horrified at my lack of autocorrect game :eek:

Reactions: Holly Doors

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is that Mr Feed Me and Fuck Off?

Him is settling in :heart::heart:

Actually that was a rare moment for him to leave himself exposed in the open like that as most of the time he is still in hiding and if anyone other than his gal pal were to get any closer (I had to zoom in from across the room to take the picture) he'd bolt.
In fact, our girl cat is such a good friend to him, she is the only one who can put him at ease. Although considering I took this photo the next day, she also has a habit of sleeping around it seems.

DSCF6748.JPG

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Cuz this is where the Fur Family Folk frolic

There is another Critter Food Recall in the US. Mold contamination is putting puppos in peril! Check bags for lot info. Pass it on to the folks ya know.

SportMix Recall

The brand ships from Chewy and Amazon so not just a regional issue.

Reactions: Enid