Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since Puberty hit, I was never quite at ease with my body...
I was often made fun of during middle and high school. I think the trauma never truly left me, and I struggled through my 20s to love myself. Don't get me wrong, I've always had self-worth. But it was more about my smarts, my skills, my curiosity...
The best way I could put it is "I've seen myself as cute at times, but never sexy or desirable."

Covid gave me whiplash, in a good way though, as it forced me to delve deeper and start truly loving myself and the entirety of my body.
Although I'm not yet always comfortable with my skin, I try to do things that make me feel good or help me be more confident :
- treating myself to a nice restaurant.
- being nude in the gym locker room and using the communal showers.
- going to nude beaches.
- explore my sexuality more.

I promised myself to go to the gym regularly at the start of the year, and so far I have kept it.

When I try talking to my friends about these issues, they often brush it off or compliment my looks. They mean well, and I know they love me, but I don't necessarily feel understood or seen. It sometimes makes me feel like they see something completely different from what I see in the mirror.

So here are a few questions :
- Has anyone had any similar experience?
- What do you do to make yourself more comfortable in your own skin?
- How do you treat yourself to a nice experience?

XX
Lou

A lot of people have these fears I bet everyone during their teens, but some hidden it of different ways.
One is attach others, this way they feel better (curiously the thing they use to attack is the one who afraid them).

Also sadly most people tend to judge theirselves on a way which they would never judge others and when someone tells something good, we tend to think that person simply tried to be polited.

Also it seems than if the person (more on males than on females) take care of theirselves, probably they are narcisist or selfish.

I love read the changes you have done on your life.

Reactions: redlykos