Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
over the last year I've shaved of 50 pounds and I'm back at the renewal of my gym membership and I feel lost and unmotivated to keep going (70 pounds still to loose) what is it that keeps each of you motivated? I'm looking to refocus myself or recenter myself. My diet is still mostly on point but slipping here and there. Let me know what I can do.

Reactions: 185248

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well I find sometimes changing your workout regiment can help re-focus you especially if you have been doing the same routine for a while. But in cases were even that doesn't work, pick up a new sport and train to compliment the skill set that sports needs. So the shift is no longer building muscle mass (in your case weight loss) but more on gaining a new skill set. You can even try working out with a buddy. For the dietary aspect slips here and there are not bad. If you eat something bad for one time in the week it ain't going to cause much damage. It's if you start doing it for entire weeks. Experiment with new types of healthy cuisine, or try to find healthy recipes for things that you do like but would avoid during your weight loss regiment Like healthy forms of pizza and chicken wings. I hope that helps a bit. Btw Congrads for loosing the 50bls

Jujurice

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well I find sometimes changing your workout regiment can help re-focus you especially if you have been doing the same routine for a while. But in cases were even that doesn't work, pick up a new sport and train to compliment the skill set that sports needs. So the shift is no longer building muscle mass (in your case weight loss) but more on gaining a new skill set. You can even try working out with a buddy. For the dietary aspect slips here and there are not bad. If you eat something bad for one time in the week it ain't going to cause much damage. It's if you start doing it for entire weeks. Experiment with new types of healthy cuisine, or try to find healthy recipes for things that you do like but would avoid during your weight loss regiment Like healthy forms of pizza and chicken wings. I hope that helps a bit. Btw Congrads for loosing the 50bls

Hi, I was looking at a new program today i think what failed me was i was running a split (upper/lower) I'm pouting together a single day routine so I can have more of a sense of accomplishment each time. below is what i have planned to start today with 20-30 mins of low intensity cardio.

Lat Pull Downs: 3 sets of 15 reps
Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
Seated Rows: 3 sets of 15 reps
Leg curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
Legs extension: 3 sets of 12 reps
Chest Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
Tricep Push Downs: 3 sets of 15 reps
Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
Leg Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
Machine Squat: 3 sets of 15 reps
Abdominal Crunch: 3 sets of 15 reps

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hi, I was looking at a new program today i think what failed me was i was running a split (upper/lower) I'm pouting together a single day routine so I can have more of a sense of accomplishment each time. below is what i have planned to start today with 20-30 mins of low intensity cardio.

When you say single day you mean you work out 1 day per week??
just need clarification

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have several things motivating me to keep going/go harder...
For a boost,I like watching clips of CT Fletcher & Rich Piana. CT ,to get under the iron and move it without whining or excuses. And Rich, to remind me to do whatever it takes to hit my goal...(staying up late, to make sure all my calories are in each day..).(currently working towards putting on 15 lbs or so).
More personal incentives are realizing I only have so much time on this Earth to hit my goal... So, I need to get going.
Even closer to me, my girl.."Snarky_succubus" (lpsg member).
I want her to be her best & I can't very well help her if I'm turning myself into a donut.

My job is fairly physical, too.
Lessening my chances of getting injured on the job is a good insurance policy.

Also, there's always a chance I may want to compete in another MMA/Jiu-Jitsu tournament.

I have plenty of reasons to keep me going.... And not very many to quit.

Reactions: Snarky_succubus

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
More seriously.

Try splitting programmes.

Chest / triceps day 1
Back / shoulders ( delts and traps )/ biceps day 2
Legs day 3

Also. Record the weights and reps and every now and then try to increase one or other by 10-15 % Aim to be doubling the workload over day 3-6 months ... do it.

Don't be too hard on yourself, but keep trying to consolidate and improve.

:cool:

Also. Remember diet, resting and sleep are also key.

Jujurice

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
More seriously.

Try splitting programmes.

Chest / triceps day 1
Back / shoulders ( delts and traps )/ biceps day 2
Legs day 3

Also. Record the weights and reps and every now and then try to increase one or other by 10-15 % Aim to be doubling the workload over day 3-6 months ... do it.

Don't be too hard on yourself, but keep trying to consolidate and improve.

:cool:

Also. Remember diet, resting and sleep are also key.

Thanks I've been trying new things with my routine trying to build in more rest as at one point I was going 6 days a week

Reactions: Exbiker

Anthony_OZ

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey jujurice, congrats on the weight loss! I think anyone who goes to the gym regularly will go through a patch where they just don't feel like going - so don't beat yourself up, it's normal.

I've felt my intensity slip a lot the last couple of months, and what I found helped was getting a trainer to redo my diet and workout plan. What has also helped is starting a 12 week challenge under the guidance of a trainer, as you can properly chart your progress and see real results in a short time. Plus there is someone there to keep you accountable.

Jujurice

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey jujurice, congrats on the weight loss! I think anyone who goes to the gym regularly will go through a patch where they just don't feel like going - so don't beat yourself up, it's normal.

I've felt my intensity slip a lot the last couple of months, and what I found helped was getting a trainer to redo my diet and workout plan. What has also helped is starting a 12 week challenge under the guidance of a trainer, as you can properly chart your progress and see real results in a short time. Plus there is someone there to keep you accountable.

That sounds like it might work. I've been feeling lost and don't have a goal to focus on this might be just the goal I need.

Reactions: find83

over the last year I've shaved of 50 pounds and I'm back at the renewal of my gym membership and I feel lost and unmotivated to keep going (70 pounds still to loose) what is it that keeps each of you motivated? I'm looking to refocus myself or recenter myself. My diet is still mostly on point but slipping here and there. Let me know what I can do.

perhaps a little bit of Kylie...Just replace Motivation with Locomotion............

Anthony_OZ

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
That sounds like it might work. I've been feeling lost and don't have a goal to focus on this might be just the goal I need.

Will definitely work. My closest friend recently did it to great effect losing weight after a horribly abusive relationship then divorce. He became quite depressed, but through 20 months of supervised training, lost 45 kilos. He looks incredible now, and feels great too.

Sorry, you do the conversion :)