More Bottoms Than Tops

D

deleted1074483

I think its a bit of a truism, that top guys, especially 100% tops, seem to be a much smaller number than those who bottom - even an average looking guy like me gets lots of offers if ever i've put an ad out or in 'real life' if people discover that i'm top i get offered their as frequently - always a surprise to me. When you go online you see lots of ads looking for top guys. So it does feel and seem like the op is correct.

Lowkey_Lokii

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I want to be a top I really do but there’s so many things that prevent me from living my best top life. One of which being penis size and masculinity ideals. I’m not exactly “hung” and I’m not ultra masculine and this seems to turn a lot of people away from me. I always heard “if you can’t beat em, join em”
So maybe topping isn’t for me.

D

deleted1074483

I want to be a top I really do but there’s so many things that prevent me from living my best top life. One of which being penis size and masculinity ideals. I’m not exactly “hung” and I’m not ultra masculine and this seems to turn a lot of people away from me. I always heard “if you can’t beat em, join em”
So maybe topping isn’t for me.

given that at its most basic level being a top is just about who penetrates who, that isn't based on who's dick is bigger and who is the most 'masculine'. There are plenty of top guys around who are not hung or maybe not quite the masculine ideal.

I agree there can be an expectation of what a 'top' is, but we're all different i assure you.

so if you want to top, be confident and go for it;-)

dfw051980

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think the problem is bottoms are narrowminded in what they look for in a top. They say they want a top but they really want a top whos ultra masculine presenting, muscles/athletic, dominant… etc. they tend to ignore all the other tops that dont fit a very specific mold.

Lowkey_Lokii

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think the problem is bottoms are narrowminded in what they look for in a top. They say they want a top but they really want a top whos ultra masculine presenting, muscles/athletic, dominant… etc. they tend to ignore all the other tops that dont fit a very specific mold.

And then that makes me wonder, well how submissive are you really? It seems like you want it more than me?!

dreambridger

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Everyone says this but honestly I just think tops are more introverted and less likely to put themselves out there. At least that’s how I am.
There was some joke somewhere about the laconic top who sends one-word texts, and the bottom who replies with a peer-reviewed thesis, and the top who responds again with "k".

reyes12

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
was once told this definition and laughed

if someone tells you they're a top, they're a bottom
if someone tells you they're a versatile top, they're a bottom
if someone tells you they're a versatile, they're a bottom
if someone tells you they're a versatile bottom, they're a bottom
if someone tells you they're a bottom, they're a bottom

tops do seem rarer

who knows

D

deleted955030

So why don’t bottoms like to fuck? I mean we’re all guys right? Should we usually take turns? Or atleast sometimes?

I mean, I thought that too.Tbh, I figured there would be more vers guys. As a switch, and in my years as a "service top," I honestly (and I do say this quite and also not whimsically) just feel submissive bottoms become a bit lazy, lol. I mean, if you don't have to exert much energy except be contorted there getting stabbed by a dick in the right place, I can kinda see why many wouldn't want to exert any energy. They don't have to to get the job done, lol.

D

deleted1074483

So why don’t bottoms like to fuck? I mean we’re all guys right? Should we usually take turns? Or atleast sometimes?

have you read all the threads on here about why bottoms like to bottom? they are all (mostly/majority) very happy receiving and taking that role/position sexually - its just part of who they are, just as for total tops its part of who they are.

it doesn't make either party right or wrong, just right for them.

CuriousGuy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Where are all the tops? Seems like there are bottom everywhere.

What's interesting is you seem to hear "been a top mostly...looking to explore my bottom side now" a lot more than you hear the reverse. I've noticed the last ten years or so finding a top is a lot harder than when I was coming out in my 20's in the 80s. I think it has a lot to do with society grudgingly accepting gay people over the years, and certainly gay men. There's less stigma for men to be seen as the "feminine" role. I think a lot of tops from the earlier days didn't really think of themselves as "gay" if they were doing the penetrating, so it was the "safer" choice.

Lowkey_Lokii

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I also think femininity has to do with it. I understand that a lot of gay men are feminine but that’s still not a substitute for manhood? If that makes sense? Like embrace your femininity sure but don’t forget who you are. Some bottoms don’t even use their dicks and get mad if you touch it