Movies - is this strange?

Growing123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My straight friend has spoken with me about some movies that he has watched and being really moved by. They involve love stories between gay men. Is this strange? He is married and really straight but he told me that he shed some tears when watching Brokeback mountain. Would a straight man be interested in such love stories and be reduced to tears?

Reactions: Nemorex
Well ya, it's all about acting. If I can cry for a pixar movie why not good gay actor.

But these days I only see gay relationships on TV so...
I'm not crying anymore.

Try not to over think the design of the wheel.

A good story / Movie can be emotional. I remember being emotional when Mr. Spock dies in Start Trek 2 The Wrath of Kahn. I saw it twice and was affected the same way. No I did not have a Bi attraction to Mr. Spock.

But to stay on LPSG topic. there is a movie called a Soldiers Girl. A movie about a straight guy, who falls in love with a trans woman. At the story ending the soldier is murdered by a fellow soldier with a bat because of who he loved. I remember feeling the pain of the violent assault, as well as the pain of the Trans woman, when she found out what had happened to her BF / Love.

I generally don’t like romances, but can absolutely see the emotional appeal of a well-told story between two people, gay or straight.

My straight friend has spoken with me about some movies that he has watched and being really moved by. They involve love stories between gay men. Is this strange? He is married and really straight but he told me that he shed some tears when watching Brokeback mountain. Would a straight man be interested in such love stories and be reduced to tears?
It's called empathy you can feel other people situations that are not your own.
You as a bi guy could feel that there was plenty of room for everyone on the door of the titanic

Simply put, love is love. And love can be beautiful regardless of gender. Being happy for, or feeling moved by two men being in love has nothing to do with a person’s sexuality and more to do with them just being able to see the joy and happiness love can bring.

Reactions: Growing123
I cry every time I watch La Bamba, but I'm not gay for Richie Valenz.
If its a good story, with emotional impact, especially if the music is cued perfectly, the director of that film knows they are going to provoke emotional outpouring from their audience.
I cry quite a lot at all kinds of things. If I see cute little birds it makes me so happy that I cry sometimes. If almost anything is happening on screen where its intense and super sad and/or traumatic, I get some tears. I just watched something with my wife I wish I could remember what it was, but it was something I didn't think would be so sad and it was and I cried for several minutes, very watery eyes.
but I'm a guy who is not afraid or scared to express any kind of emotion, whatever it is.
I think your friend, OP, is just very in touch with his emotions and willingness to express them easily. It has nothing to do with being straight or gay. Crying is natural and healthy for HUMAN BEINGS and I'm sure there are plenty of men today who believe, wholeheartedly, that crying is for pussies and girls and girly-men and "not real men" and their uber-masculine fantasies of what society should be like prevents them from being a fully realized, emotion-expelling human being.