Movies That Get You Emotional

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Recently saw yet again the lord of the ring two towers and I notice the scene when Eomer comes to the help of the king on helms deep gets me, I don’t know why it works but it does.
Which movie scenes gets you emotional or make you cry?

Reactions: ronin001

mark.der.typ

Legendary Member
Media
Dortmund (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw pursuit of happiness some time ago for the first time with my gf
And i was almost about to cry as they were sleeping in the public toilet, and he had to hold the door closed with his leg while someone wanna come in o_O
Never thought will smith could do that to me xD

Reactions: cofrader

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Even after many viewings I still find myself getting misty eyed when either E.T. or Spock dies, even though I know they're both faking it and will come back :D.

Beyond that I will admit I do sometimes get too deep into some movies and feel some emotional attachment to certain characters and situations especially if it's the death of a character that the audience had an investment in or the death of a character's love interest. Ditto if the death scene involves an innocent character like a child or if I had personal experience with the situation, like a friend committing suicide.

In fact, even though emotional "chick flicks" are primarily meant to appeal to the emotions of women, I think the mark of a truly successful classic is one that it manages to reach the male audience as well.

BTW, as a side note I think this question might be better served (and get more answers) if it's reposted in the general Ask a Man, as I don't think there is a difference in how straight men respond to movies than any other orientation.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There isn't really any but if you want to extend it to video games. Metal gear solid 3 and both last of Us games get a good emotional response from me.
Why not, I haven’t payed it but since games become huge productions makes sense, the most I got from a game was fear with alone in the dark polygons figures, Stone Age of games.

Reactions: Hatt_101

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There isn't really any but if you want to extend it to video games. Metal gear solid 3 and both last of Us games get a good emotional response from me.

Final battle in Mass Effect 2. I stupidly made the wrong decisions and failed to upgrade the ship; resulting in losing almost all my characters. I was an emotional wreck for almost a week afterwards :sob:.

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Final battle in Mass Effect 2. I stupidly made the wrong decisions and failed to upgrade the ship; resulting in losing almost all my characters. I was an emotional wreck for almost a week afterwards :sob:.
Lool. Think I did every combination to see what it looked like. The funniest one is where everyone dies except Joker lol

Reactions: Motion-of-the-Ocean

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Even after many viewings I still find myself getting misty eyed when either E.T. or Spock dies, even though I know they're both faking it and will come back :D.

Beyond that I will admit I do sometimes get too deep into some movies and feel some emotional attachment to certain characters and situations especially if it's the death of a character that the audience had an investment in or the death of a character's love interest. Ditto if the death scene involves an innocent character like a child or if I had personal experience with the situation, like a friend committing suicide.

In fact, even though emotional "chick flicks" are primarily meant to appeal to the emotions of women, I think the mark of a truly successful classic is one that it manages to reach the male audience as well.

BTW, as a side note I think this question might be better served (and get more answers) if it's reposted in the general Ask a Man, as I don't think there is a difference in how straight men respond to movies than any other orientation.
Et was a low punch, how did I forgot Spock death even if I only saw the movies of the original series it got me.
Challenge accepted, I will create another for ask a man, I assumed other orientations would be more connected or socially accepted but maybe you are right boys don’t cry was for all of us.

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why not, I haven’t payed it but since games become huge productions makes sense, the most I got from a game was fear with alone in the dark polygons figures, Stone Age of games.
You got to at least watch the into to the last of Us. Games have done a very long way

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another one is near the end of Spiderman and Spoiler alert for anyone that have played it.

Where Peter has to choose between making a cure for everyone in NYC or saving aunt may an she dies right in front of him because he had to do the right thing. And right before she died she let him know that she knew he was spiderman

Reactions: deleted1846971

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get this way watching "Band of Brothers" the episode that really hits me hard is when they find the concentration camp.Its really hard to explain unless you watch it. My great uncle was one of the first to liberate Dachau in April 1945. He wouldn't even talk about it except to say that yes he was there and that it was worse than one can imagine.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get this way watching "Band of Brothers" the episode that really hits me hard is when they find the concentration camp.Its really hard to explain unless you watch it. My great uncle was one of the first to liberate Dachau in April 1945. He wouldn't even talk about it except to say that yes he was there and that it was worse than one can imagine.
You know this is not a like like more like a hug like. My respect for your great uncle.

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know this is not a like like more like a hug like. My respect for your great uncle.
Thank you. He was a really good man who served with the 45th Infantry..fought at Anxious throughout Italy and of course Dachau. I was told not to ask him about the war. I would have loved to hear them but I learned later on when he tried to talk about it he would get choked up then get angry so no one wanted to upset him. He passed nineteen years ago.

Reactions: Motion-of-the-Ocean

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thank you. He was a really good man who served with the 45th Infantry..fought at Anxious throughout Italy and of course Dachau. I was told not to ask him about the war. I would have loved to hear them but I learned later on when he tried to talk about it he would get choked up then get angry so no one wanted to upset him. He passed nineteen years ago.

I had a kind of similar situation. One grandfather drove a truck in Normandy and other parts of France, but being in the rear saw little action and would tell many stories. My other grandfather was in the Marines and all I ever knew is that he was at Iwo Jima and limped from some injury incurred. He never discussed it and the grandchildren were instructed to never ask.