Murder mysteries, books etc...

It seems to me that women enjoy reading murder mystery novels more than men. Perhaps I'm wrong, but many women I know, including my partner and sisters enjoy these kind of novels. Many of the guys I know enjoy the adventure, sci-fi or action novels, only a couple enjoy the murder mystery.

I have asked the question to them and the response usually it is the process of investigation..following the clues etc. I'm just not into the murder thing myself.

If you wanna read what I posted, just quote, click and drag :) 007 stuff, like invisible ink from the seventies. Shading in what the person wrote on the page above :)...mysterious :)

I mostly read fantasy and sci-fi books, as does my mum. Murder mysteries are only really for when we've run out of stuff to read!

Me too. :) Although I did like the girl with the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Oh, I read that book too!! I enjoyed it! Still haven't figured out quite what all the hype was about, but it was definitely enjoyable.
I enjoyed the movies as well. The European ones with sub......titles and all. :)

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Still haven't figured out quite what all the hype was about, but it was definitely enjoyable.

Guess the hype was due to the author's death just before the first book was published. I found both the books and the original movies okay - but nothing extraordinary. There's a fourth book in the series which he didn't finish completely - I think it will be published later this year (it's being finished by someone else :wink:)

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like non fiction and memoirs. I'm not into mystery or sci fi or romance (or anything supposedly "girly") I did have a brief period of time that I was interested in true crime written by women but that falls under the category of non fiction. I hate those 48 Hours shows about crime and Law and Order and that kind of thing.

St_Kitten

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
We got the dvd out. Do not think it (perveyd <?) the same thing though.

Actually, the american version did a good job of telling the same story essentially, just in a slightly different light.

I saw the Swedish one first (not strange me living in Sweden and all :p) and really liked it. Then i read the book but in english. (I never read books in swedish if i can help it...) After all that i saw the american version. I prefered the latter in tone and overall impression (cinematography and such) but I really liked the original as well (one of only about 3 swedish movies i actually like). It was more raw somehow, it felt a bit more real less censored... just a different feel.

To answer the OP. I'm not a fan of murder mysteries. I'm strictly a reader of horror/vampire/supernatural fiction. (not Twilight though, bleh......)

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't care for murder mystery books though I've read a few when I can't find anything else to read... which is rare.

I like Sci-Fi, Romance, True Crime, Erotica, Educational (animals, foodie, gardening, health and fitness) books.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For leisure reading, I'm all about the Dystopian and Sci-Fi genres. Otherwise, I really enjoy straightforward texts covering philosophy, sociology, or economics.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I admit I love murder mysteries. I love Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan series, I love Cornwell's Scarpetta and Andy Brazil series, I love Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles series, I ABSOLUTELY loved the millenium series by Stieg Larsson (goshdangit, those people sure love the shit out of some sandwiches).

I'm reading The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen right now.