new fathers.... to cut or no?

Pourtia

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
which part you think is wrong?
if the boy can choose is the best option. But its diffecult at age over 13-14 years old. all day the young boys stay hard without reason or very easy. and after 18 years its difficult. well, dont do nothing but after.. he pain for many days for this surgery. i have search that for me because i am uncut and from my friend because he do that 3 months ago. very painful.

Stu311

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just googled it.
Ah yeah, I wish I could have said the same when doing my dissertation. Next time you should either provide a source or not bother to answer at all. Either is more acceptable, unless you do not understand how citing sources when asked for some evidence works, in which case I recommend you do a quick search for how to cite things when someone asks for some back up info on a claim you make. I have nothing against you personally, just wished people would put in a bit more effort when posting online to check that they are not basing their statements on rumours or just generic Googling. This extends beyond the debate which is the subject of this thread, which itself is rather idiotic and, as I mentioned in an earlier discussion, no amount of arguing will get people to agree on anything - would still be good not to misinform though.

ChuChiPapi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While I sort of wish my parents hadn’t gone against the family norm and left me uncut, I don’t think I had the worst of all worlds by finally getting cut at 21. We are in the minority in Britain and while friends and family who are cut are happy about it (and some uncut friends envy them), I’m not exactly sure how I would have felt about having the choice taken away from me. Or rather, I fear I might have ended up manipulated by the online community into thinking I had been mutilated. My older cousin, who grew up in the pre-intactivist era was very proud of his circumcised cock. While I haven’t asked him about his feelings now, he’s happily married and his wife once joked while drunk that he has the prettiest cock she’s had, so I doubt that my man is having any late remorse about having been circumcised. I imagine the vast majority of circumcised men are like him and I am honestly appalled that there is so much negativity online and a concerted effort to portray at as mutilation. I am fairly sure many men end up feeling more insecure by their penis solely as a consequence of this attitude, despite otherwise being perfectly healthy with a fully functional and normal penis, and that saddens me.

So you got cut at 21? But your family (sans you obviously) did get their sons cut? Why, was it for religious reasons?... Did you ask them why you didn't get the cut?

While I have gotten compliments on mine (especially from uncut guys) I really wish they did a looser cut, as I HAVE to have some kind of lube to jerk off, which is very inconvenient, but besides that, it isn't a big deal.

Reactions: Peter20

Stu311

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So you got cut at 21? But your family (sans you obviously) did get their sons cut? Why, was it for religious reasons?... Did you ask them why you didn't get the cut?

While I have gotten compliments on mine (especially from uncut guys) I really wish they did a looser cut, as I HAVE to have some kind of lube to jerk off, which is very inconvenient, but besides that, it isn't a big deal.
It wasn’t religious at all. Circumcision used to be reasonably common in the UK 80-100 years ago among middle and upper class families. My mum’s side of the family, while not that wealthy, were still better off back then than many and I can only assume that circumcision was the norm in their social circles. I know my uncle (my mum’s brother) was cut when young when my grandmother (his mother) mentioned it when I was younger. My uncle carried on the tradition and both his sons were cut as well.

My father’s side are all working class people where circumcision wasn’t typically performed and I was told my mother decided to go against her family’s tradition and leave me intact. I know there was some fighting about it as my gran would sometimes taunt my mother and tell her that “you know you should have it sorted before he gets older and will have problems with it”. Since I did not grow up with any other male relatives (close to my age) on my father’s side, I was somewhat of an odd one out in my family. When I got to school however, I realised uncut was more common, though there were some cut lads as well, especially those with some immigrant roots or less of an working class background. I also remember some of my uncut friends mentioning that the cut ones were probably better.

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It wasn’t religious at all. Circumcision used to be reasonably common in the UK 80-100 years ago among middle and upper class families. My mum’s side of the family, while not that wealthy, were still better off back then than many and I can only assume that circumcision was the norm in their social circles. I know my uncle (my mum’s brother) was cut when young when my grandmother (his mother) mentioned it when I was younger. My uncle carried on the tradition and both his sons were cut as well.

My father’s side are all working class people where circumcision wasn’t typically performed and I was told my mother decided to go against her family’s tradition and leave me intact. I know there was some fighting about it as my gran would sometimes taunt my mother and tell her that “you know you should have it sorted before he gets older and will have problems with it”. Since I did not grow up with any other male relatives (close to my age) on my father’s side, I was somewhat of an odd one out in my family. When I got to school however, I realised uncut was more common, though there were some cut lads as well, especially those with some immigrant roots or less of an working class background. I also remember some of my uncut friends mentioning that the cut ones were probably better.
I'm sure you're right that in the UK circumcision was historically associated with social class: it's a strong tradition in my father's family (all Army officers), and one that I've been proud to continue with my own sons.
I think, though, that the increasing diversity of British society has changed that in the last 20 years.

Reactions: Summer of 1973

alpha_centauri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Most uncut guys I know in real life are either pro cut or lean to getting their son cut. Only a few are very against it. It was surprising.
This has not been my experience at all. Most men I have met and known who are not cut, and even many who are cut, are against circumcision. Cut men of a certain age are in general more for it.

I also have met and know Jews and Muslims who are not cut but they are not super religious or religious at all. Not even all Jews in Israel cut their sons.

Reactions: Atarashiya

ChuChiPapi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This has not been my experience at all. Most men I have met and known who are not cut, and even many who are cut, are against circumcision. Cut men of a certain age are in general more for it.

I also have met and know Jews and Muslims who are not cut but they are not super religious or religious at all. Not even all Jews in Israel cut their sons.
I didn't say every single uncut guy. I said in real life that I talked to. But every single muslim I talked to was pro cut.

Also it is weird someone reported my comment when I said I knew a jewish guy that was uncut. (I actually know two). I swear people on this website are too fragile.

ChuChiPapi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know if anyone here has had a chance to look at their medical record.. but does any other circ's guys here have their circ and circ date listed under "surgical history"?

I remember my new doctor opened my folder (this is before I read my record) years ago and she surprisingly said "oh you're circumcised!". She is from Vietnam so I know it is rare there... but just surprised it was listed... I mean it is so common, i don't see why it needed to be included lol

Attachments

ChuChiPapi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'm cut. I believe that I was cut a bit too much and lost a lot of my sensitivity. .
I will say I think they did cut too much in my case. I can't jerk off without lube. I am fine with being cut, just wish they left a *little* bit more skin on there.

alpha_centauri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I didn't say every single uncut guy. I said in real life that I talked to. But every single muslim I talked to was pro cut.

Also it is weird someone reported my comment when I said I knew a jewish guy that was uncut. (I actually know two). I swear people on this website are too fragile.
That is weird that your reply was reported. The Jews I know who are not cut are Eastern, Central, and Southern European.

The Eastern European Jews basically would say how they are not really religious practising Jews at all.

Reactions: ChuChiPapi

ChuChiPapi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That is weird that your reply was reported. The Jews I know who are not cut are Eastern, Central, and Southern European.

The Eastern European Jews basically would say how they are not really religious practising Jews at all.
Yeah but this was a while back. I am just saying I guess there is some rule against saying "jewish' and "uncut"

The only jewish folks I know of that are more likely to be uncut are from Russia since it was illegal for a long time.... (Michael Lucas... Jakub Izotov aka Dante Decker aka Jakub Cavallo for example)

The two Jewish guys I know one is American (he is technically cut but they literally took only the "pucker" part of the skin.. and still has a lot of overhang) and my ex friend from Mexico.

In Guadalajara I asked around and people said that the gay guys there had a 40% to 50% chance of being cut. Judging from my interactions I would say that is probably true, at least 2/5 guys there were cut.

ChuChiPapi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

How many jewish people do you know that are uncut? Lol

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm not a parent, nor am I ever likely to be.

If I were a parent, I wouldn't have a son circumcised.

That's because I have a foreskin. I know what it feels like. I have worn my glans retracted for extended periods, and it feels miserable compared to the alternative. Unless it were medically essential, I can't imagine inflicting that kind of discomfort on another male, in perpetuity. It's that simple.

Cleanliness and disease are arguments of a bygone era. Teach your sons to wash their dicks, and encourage an HPV vaccine as soon as they let you know sexual activity may be on the cards. That goes for cut and uncut young men, both.

If anyone has done the Google, it would be good to know the risk of penile cancer vs the risk of a botched circumcision.

Reactions: Ttyl3D