new fathers.... to cut or no?

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The worst decision as a parent is whether to let your kids have operations that might be helpful, but carry a little risk. If you’ve got a foreskin you’re more qualified than a father who’s never had one. IMO

How so? A man who's only ever had a foreskin knows what that's like, but can't know what being cut is like. And a man cut in infancy has only experienced that state.

Those of us who were cut when old enough to remember being both foreskinned and then circumcised can express an informed opinion!

D

deleted12484591

How so? A man who's only ever had a foreskin knows what that's like, but can't know what being cut is like. And a man cut in infancy has only experienced that state.

Those of us who were cut when old enough to remember being both foreskinned and then circumcised can express an informed opinion!
Actually, unless an uncut man has phimosis, it’s quite easy to experience what it’s like to be cut.

Reactions: NY2NY

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
James Bell, the medical procedures which are a necessity vs medical procedures who are really optional, circumcison stands in the midst. 'Don't try what cannot be reversed' was said for circumcision under non medical reasons.

I have no kids and raised none. If I ever have one, I'll not pursue circumcision for aesthetics, hygiene & sundry unproven reasons..

That is unsurprising given your lack of insight into the responsibilities of parenthood. The science, BTW, is anything but unproven: PubMed (the world's largest medical database is the place to go) . It would, of course, be your burden and right to decide whether to have any boy of yours circumcised. And, by the same token, your obligation to respect the rights of other parents to have their sons circumcised.

D

deleted12484591

Foreskin has a purpose, and removing it can have functional repercussions. I would hope that any prospective parent would do some research, talk to doctors and watch a circumcision video before a final decision is made.
I’m leaving this thread before I say something that puts me in LPSG prison.

samjones

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That is unsurprising given your lack of insight into the responsibilities of parenthood. The science, BTW, is anything but unproven: PubMed (the world's largest medical database is the place to go) . It would, of course, be your burden and right to decide whether to have any boy of yours circumcised. And, by the same token, your obligation to respect the rights of other parents to have their sons circumcised.

"Lack of insight into the responsibilities of parenthood," that's a brittle, presumptuous statement. I needn't be a parent to understand parenthood as I learn a great deal from my own parents. Do you have to be a doctor to save lives?

I never intercept any parents with their right or parental duty. Remember, FGM happens as some parents think it is their parental right to do so and they don't deserve any respect.

Let me tell you once again. Please read it twice if you must. I am just voicing my concern again non consent, non medical circumcision. I don't stick my oar in ones business.

St00vie

Sexy Member
Media

Because if you’ve got one then you know that RIC is unnecessary and your kids can (almost certainly) live quite happily without it.

Someone cut at birth might not know that.

Reactions: twguy01

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Lack of insight into the responsibilities of parenthood," that's a brittle, presumptuous statement.

Not really; my wife and I have raised six kids including two sets of twins. All boys, now aged 23, 21, 19,19, 17 & 17. I don't claim to be a great dad...just one that's done the best that he could along the way.

I needn't be a parent to understand parenthood as I learn a great deal from my own parents. Do you have to be a doctor to save lives?

I'm not a doctor; my wife is. When I showed her you comment she laughed and said "No, you can save lives without being a doctor, but it's a hell of a lot easier if you know what you're doing."

I never intercept any parents with their right or parental duty. Remember, FGM happens as some parents think it is their parental right to do so and they don't deserve any respect.

Let me tell you once again. Please read it twice if you must. I am just voicing my concern again non consent, non medical circumcision. I don't stick my oar in ones business.

Thanks for the advice .Not. I've read your comments again, but regrettably they show neither insight not logic. Consent for minors is, by necessity, given by their parents /guardiens. This does not male it any less valid.

Reactions: Dmiked2020

samjones

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for the advice .Not. I've read your comments again, but regrettably they show neither insight not logic. Consent for minors is, by necessity, given by their parents /guardiens. This does not male it any less valid.

You know what James, just my respect for your wife and you for raising a big family.

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank-you Sam that's very gracious of you. It's had it's challenges (and I don't claim to have got everything right) but now that they're all aged 17-23 -two sets of twins- they're great company. Good luck with your family should you choose to have one.

BTW, I totally respect your right to choose not to have any boys circumcised. I'm sorry if that sounds patronising; it isn't intended to be.

Reactions: samjones

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have gone through the whole spectrum of this over the last few years from
No way never
To his body his choice

At this point I'd get him circumcised

The results of an adult circ are just never as good and his body his choice is kinda a joke since most parents would try to deprive a son of making the choice before 18 and money or fear is usually an obstacle even if a guy really wants to get circumcised

Reactions: Dan7679 and Peter20

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have gone through the whole spectrum of this over the last few years from
No way never
To his body his choice

At this point I'd get him circumcised

The results of an adult circ are just never as good and his body his choice is kinda a joke since most parents would try to deprive a son of making the choice before 18 and money or fear is usually an obstacle even if a guy really wants to get circumcised
I really wanted to be Circumcised as a teenager but my problem was money. It wasn't until I was 35 years old before I was able to have it done. There were thousands of times I wished my parents would have had me circumcised when I was born.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really wanted to be Circumcised as a teenager but my problem was money. It wasn't until I was 35 years old before I was able to have it done. There were thousands of times I wished my parents would have had me circumcised when I was born.
All the his body his choice people should be required to create a circumcision fund for their sons to pay for it

Or need a robust no questions free circ clinic, no guy should be denied if he wants it.

Reactions: orangeC

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All the his body his choice people should be required to create a circumcision fund for their sons to pay for it

Or need a robust no questions free circ clinic, no guy should be denied if he wants it.
I also thought a circumcised dick looked much better than an uncircumcised one. I was embarrassed that I wasn't circumcised.

chris bell

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes. Reduces risk of HIV transmission later in life. Also reduces risk of UTI.

Male Circumcision | HIV Risk and Prevention | HIV/AIDS | CDC

"Reduces the risk of HIV transmission"? The United States has one for the highest rates of HIV transmission in the world and 70% of males are circumcised. If you added the HIV transmission rates of the UK, Russia, China and Australia together it would equal that of the United States but the circumcision rate of those four countries ranges between 3% and 15%. The fact that the American medical community cites studies done in 3rd world countries in Africa which have no impact on the rest of the world shows how flawed the studies truly are.

UTI risk is 1 in 100 for intact males and 1 in 1,000 for circumcised males and that is only in the first year of life. After the 1st year there is no statistical difference between intact and circumcised males. Should we be performing a permanent cosmetic surgery on a male without his consent for a 1 in 100 chance that he may develop a UTI in the first 12 months which can be cleared in 3 days by antibiotics?

I am circumcised, our son who is 16 months old is intact. I can tell you he has not had a single issue.