Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How much. Does it cost to get it done btw?

Not sure but considering that it'll probably require AT LEAST local anesthetic probably in the $2000 or so range. Although, if I were to get it done they'd certainly have to put me under because being awake while that would be happening would probably be too much.

Aramis

1st Like
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've thought about this a fair amount in the past, have discussed it with my girlfriend and am still undecided (though I'm leaning heavily toward uncut). My parents didn't have any reason to circumcise me so I wasn't at birth, however a few weeks later because of some urinary complications it was deemed necessary so here I am and I love my dick. But it seems incredibly self important to project my aesthetic preferences on someone else, so without any reason to do it or any reason not to my vote goes toward uncircumcised barring any extraordinary circumstances.

Last edited:

bellon

1st Like
Media
If he wants, it can be done when he's an adult if he decides to do it. It can't be undone though, so it's pretty barbaric to make that decision for him. It's one of a million mistakes my parents made.

wilseb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My wife and I are expecting our first child, a son, in February. I've told her that if I ever had a son that he would be uncut. She hates the idea. However, she's first generation Italian and I've explained that Italians don't cut their sons. I proved it when we visited her cousin in Italy, who has four boys. One day he was bathing his youngest and his second-youngest was running around the house naked. I pointed it out later and said see, they don't cut their boys here.

Now that we're actually having a boy, I've put my foot down and said that he won't be cut. She wants him cut. I asked her to give me a plausible reason why. Her only response was, how it looks.

I'm cut. I believe that I was cut a bit too much and lost a lot of my sensitivity. I said that I would never do that to another person and that if my son ever decides he wants to be circumsized, that it would be his decision and I would support it.

Now I just need to read up on the hygiene part of it... not being uncut, I have no idea.

Reactions: ChuChiPapi

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
We have 2 sons and both were cut. The circumcision debate really hasn't hit here with much force in the Southern United States. I was there to supervise and comfort both of my boys during their circumcisions. Honestly, the blood draws from their heels to check for jaudice were WAY more tramatic for them. Neither of them expressed any significant discomfort and the procedure didn't take longer than 2 to 3 minutes max. While I do agree that it is largely an esthetic issue and not a necessary procedure by any means, it was important to my husband. It was less of a "I want them to look like me" issue and more of a wanting them to fit into the social norm of looking like the majority of other boys where we live and not giving them any reason to feel they looked different or would be harrassed because of it. Children can be very cruel to other children and in this day and age there are far more important things for a child to worry about than why do they look different in the boys locker room.

Reactions: Dmiked2020

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
... wanting them to fit into the social norm of looking like the majority of other boys where we live and not giving them any reason to feel they looked different or would be harrassed because of it. Children can be very cruel to other children and in this day and age there are far more important things for a child to worry about than why do they look different in the boys locker room.
Kids will always find something to tease about, whether it's freckles or ears sticking out or glasses. What matters more is making sure knows how to react - probably not at all. They only keep it up if they can get a rise out of him. With the rates falling, he may only be in a marginal minority if he's in a minority at all. So he's going to look different, whichever way he is. But which would you rather have to answer - "They're different because their parents had part cut off their [euphemism]s, and we didn't"? Or "You're different because we had part cut off your [euphemism] and their parents didn't"? - and the followup "Why?"

Reactions: twguy01

canon

Sexy Member
Media
The bottom line in my opinion is that it should solely be based on need. If there is a medical reason, and seldom do you know at birth, a parent should do what is right for their child and make the decision. Otherwise they should leave it alone and observe the development. Otherwise it is purely cosmetic surgery based on the parents preferences, not the child's.

B_shark888

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Explain to her that most of the world don't practise cutting. I still can't understand why would she want him cut if she is Italian... They don't do it just like other EU states.

My wife and I are expecting our first child, a son, in February. I've told her that if I ever had a son that he would be uncut. She hates the idea. However, she's first generation Italian and I've explained that Italians don't cut their sons. I proved it when we visited her cousin in Italy, who has four boys. One day he was bathing his youngest and his second-youngest was running around the house naked. I pointed it out later and said see, they don't cut their boys here.

Now that we're actually having a boy, I've put my foot down and said that he won't be cut. She wants him cut. I asked her to give me a plausible reason why. Her only response was, how it looks.

I'm cut. I believe that I was cut a bit too much and lost a lot of my sensitivity. I said that I would never do that to another person and that if my son ever decides he wants to be circumsized, that it would be his decision and I would support it.

Now I just need to read up on the hygiene part of it... not being uncut, I have no idea.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I did actually consider circumcision for a long time. My reasons for wanting to get it done were mostly for the aesthetic reasons and to look more "normal." Then when I had my first sexual experience and the negative reaction I received from the woman with whom I was sharing the experience I was more convinced then ever that I wanted to get it done.

This is where you tell the woman "Yea, so...I have to put up with your tiny breasts, so who cares about my foreskin. If I'm getting cut, your getting breast implants."

Put the shoe on the other foot. This "Yes Dear" shit is pathetic.

If I had a son, he would be left alone. It's not needed, so why do it. Why risk the infection. Just teach him how to clean himself (Like most parents DONT Do) and he'll be fine.

You can always do it later, but you cannot go back.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If I had a son, I'd never get him circumcised. That's a decision he can make after he grows up. I would never want to deprive my child of autonomy about making decisions for his own body, or deprive him of sexual pleasure when he grows up.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

You wash an uncut one like you would a finger.
Do not force the foreskin back, it tears where it is still attached to the head in a young child.
Later on, the head and foreskin separate, and he will learn to wash then.
It is only after the two separate, that he will produce smegma. It is part of the separation process.
Congratulations on your decision not to give your son a painful operation he doesn't need. You're doing well in parenting already, in my book.

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
WTF? Why would you even consider doing it? It's sick and bizarre.
I am cut.I am Catholic. Back in the 40's and 50's thats what most Catholics did.I have nothing to back that up.My parents were neither sick or bizarre. I dont remember any pain when i got snipped. As a kid growing up i did not know of the difference because i had never seen an uncut dick.The first one i ever saw i thought it was weird and unusual looking when i saw one.I think the majority here have their preference. If your cut thats what you like and vice versa..I have no idea what extra sensations you get sexually being uncut.Really how can one say i have more sensation with the extra foreskin..Uncut doesnt really know what cut feels like..It's what your used to i think..My best friends son who's in his 20's mentioned in my presence one day while his 4 year old popped one while sleeping for all to see and he said i feel sorry for him,i shoulda had him cut.So the debate continues.....

Reactions: Dmiked2020

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
I am cut.I am Catholic. Back in the 40's and 50's thats what most Catholics did.I have nothing to back that up.My parents were neither sick or bizarre. I dont remember any pain when i got snipped. As a kid growing up i did not know of the difference because i had never seen an uncut dick.The first one i ever saw i thought it was weird and unusual looking when i saw one.I think the majority here have their preference. If your cut thats what you like and vice versa..I have no idea what extra sensations you get sexually being uncut.Really how can one say i have more sensation with the extra foreskin..Uncut doesnt really know what cut feels like..It's what your used to i think..My best friends son who's in his 20's mentioned in my presence one day while his 4 year old popped one while sleeping for all to see and he said i feel sorry for him,i shoulda had him cut.So the debate continues.....
Yet another person confused how a body part might work less effectively at one of its intended purposes after you lop parts of it off. It's not too surprising, however; the studies which documented the actual structure and function of the foreskin weren't around when you were born. The foreskin isn't just skin, for starters. There are structures beyond skin, the ridged band and frenulum in particular, that are removed by circumcision along with about half the nerve endings. If you didn't grow up with them, you'd have no clue what they felt like.

Some people have likened the sensation after circumcision to going from seeing in color to seeing in black and white, and it is an apt comparison. People born colorblind don't miss the ability to see color. Some would go through their entire lives and never realize they were "defective". It's only when they encounter a situation which requires that ability which they do not have that someone tells them they have a problem. It's similar to circumcision in the US, only people are conditioned to think of circumcised as the standard. As a result, when circumstances come up which the foreskin would help with, they are met with different responses. Rather than their questions of why their dick gets chafed when they masturbate or why it is difficult to have an orgasm being met with, "That's because part of your penis was removed", they are instead told to use a lubricant or take some medicine. If the same questions were asked of someone in a mostly uncut country, the answers would likely be much different.

Also, I can vouch for the Catholic cutting thing. I'm also Catholic and I know there was a wave of sentiment that Catholics were still subject to the covenant of Abraham for awhile. This was squashed by the Vatican eventually, but some of it still lingers today. I wonder what the Catholics who practice circumcision would think upon reading the statement from the Ecumenical Council of Florence? Bull of Union with the Copts

"Therefore it denounces all who after that time observe circumcision, the sabbath and other legal prescriptions as strangers to the faith of Christ and unable to share in eternal salvation, unless they recoil at some time from these errors. Therefore it strictly orders all who glory in the name of Christian, not to practise circumcision either before or after baptism, since whether or not they place their hope in it, it cannot possibly be observed without loss of eternal salvation."

That's kinda clean cut isn't it? If you circumcise your children, you're going to Hell, and that was covered over 500 years ago too.

S

SirConcis

rayray, you were not cut because you were catholic. You were cut because you are all american boy. There are a lot of "excuses" that have been use. Some c=say they are cut becaus ethey are catholic, some say it is because they are irish, some say it is because they are protestant, some say it was to make it possible for them to get into the army etc etc etc.

At the end of the day, it came down to this: doctor to mother: you wnat you son circumcised ?" mother to doctor "sure, why not, I read it was better that way".

Once that caught on, more and more parents started to use "don't want my son to be different". But they wouldn't say that to their kids if they ever asked, so they would respond with invented excuses such as "because you are catholic".