New Pronouns And Basic Treatment Of People

I have always thought, if it's obvious that someone is presenting themselves as a woman... ie.. makeup, dress, obvious female gender being put forth... you treat use feminine pronouns... because that's obviously what they are going for.... same with male... and if you aren't sure, you avoid, or ask if you feel comfortable

I feel like these days, it's expected for everyone to have this extended gender pronoun, while it's only an issue very very very rarely.. I also feel like there is a bit of a backlash over the trans community over these pronouns. I don't know a lot of trans people, like maybe 3.. and they all seem to feel the same as me... treat people like human beings and you don't really need to worry about offending someone... yet this doesn't seem to be enough.... I'd like to hear what trans people really think about this...
If you are in a dress with makeup and a purse... I should call you she??
if not why?
also, do you think that this vocal population is helping or hurting the trans community?

pretzelslut

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Just say my name. Or just say they lol.

Honestly I don't get too tied up in pronouns unless you're clearly being dissentious about my gender.

But to others it can be triggering to other issues like body/gender dysmorphia or deadnaming.

Just be nice, if you're unsure, politely ask. If they react negatively, and you were being ingenuous, they're just at a fragile state in their growth is all, and the most you can do for them is just be a decent person to them at the end of the day just like you would to any other stranger

The average person doesn't have experience interacting with transgender people, many don't even understand what it even means. The best thing to do is to speak to them as the gender that they are presented as, and if they correct you don't feel too bad as this can make things awkward. It's okay to make mistakes.

I'm a trans woman and I know a trans male and I admitted to him that I sometimes have to correct myself in my head, because they're not transitioning yet, but they understand. If someone reveals that they're transgender then ask them what pronouns they prefer, it's basically show of respect and kindness.

Just never call a transgender person "it" that is a huge no. It is only ever acceptable if they say so.