Nyc / Nj Gyms

LockerRoomBud

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as the gyms in the nyc and nj areas start to reopen, i'm curious to know what people's experiences have been at various chains and locations.

it seems like everyone's got different rules regarding pools, classes, towels, lockers, showers, and even masks, so i'm interested to know how things are being handled where you work out and how you felt about it. does your gym limit the amount of people in a class? do they have showers available? did you ever feel that others should be more respectful of the new guidelines? did it feel like you could do your thing the way you usually do or was it all a crazy adjustment? etc?

im not ready to head back to the gym yet, i dont feel safe, even though i desperately want to be able to get a proper workout in. but i want to hear some first hand stories before i can make that decision for myself.

thanks guys!

LockerRoomBud

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe it gives these janitors a sense of purpose by being the “watchdogs” and appreciated by mgmt despite not making any profit from it. I’d say call INS on their asses but that’s probably taking things too far. If it gets too out of hand, a little visit from the folks that check work papers/authorization might cool the watchdogs off.

the way that you would assume calling immigration is appropriate. Fuck dude, what a disgusting and racist thing to say. Just because someone is a janitor who speaks another language doesn't mean you get to send them to another country, even as a cutesey "threat" on a message board like this. Don't be gross like this just because you're upset someone might blow the whistle on bad behavior, just figure out how to do it without getting into trouble like everybody else.

And yes, I absolutely have the right to say this to you, because i'm the one who started this thread, but now that it's gone off topic onto a different tangent i WILL tell you to keep the racist behavior out of here.
and I'll say it to your face if i ever see you at the gym.

Jondoe90

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This cruising culture makes me sick to my stomach because it enables predators to target these places with vulnerable people. My partner was sexually assaulted in the showers at Hell’s Kitchen planet fitness. Physically forcing him to give head after repeating no after no pushing away. Not only did this happen once, but 3 times. I know most people on here are consenting, but there are those who are victims on this culture. Please everyone be Safe out there. It’s an unforgiving world inhabited by people that have zero regard for other people.
Your partner was FORCED to give head? Went back didn’t report and forced two more different times? Babes…….

JPLN98

Expert Member
Media
The Bronx, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I literally don’t get it. I worked a long time ago at a gym when I was younger as a janitor & I never cared for trying to catch guys doing it or even cared. I never got paid enough or got incentives for this. It wasn’t even my business to begin with. Idk why people in these positions care that much to try and catch gay men. If you stumble upon them I understand, but once you start lurking that’s even more creep than the guys just trying to bust a nut lol

Seriously? I mean don’t get me wrong, I like having fun at the gym, but we have to stop acting as if this shit isn’t disgusting, downright illegal or even disturbing for people who are simply doing their job. Do you really think that janitors enjoy cleaning up reckless men’s bodily fluids who don’t clean up after themselves? You could be exposing them to God knows what! Do you really think people don’t feel violated walking into men jerking, sucking and fucking? This is a real job for most that isn’t particularly by choice. So yeah, I understand their frustrations, especially when they see it on a daily basis.

Jondoe90

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I spoke to two employees at 34th that I’m really cool with, one being one of the cleaners. He’s told me he knows that guys cruise all the time there and that he’s not stupid when he sees the same guys for hours going in and out of the steam with boners lol. He told me he doesn’t care what they do or that they mess around in the steam. He said he has to do something about it when someone complains or reports any sexual activity going on but he gives the guys their privacy because he doesn’t want to know lol. The membership advisors also know everything that’s reported and who, since they are the ones who have to file the incident reports. Last time I was there one guy went and touched a straight dude and got an incident reported on him. The other time a gay couple reported a cruiser because allegedly the guy touched one of the boyfriends in the steam. People get REALLY BOLD and ruin it.

Dj10001dj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Equinox:

flatiron: super busy gym, steam room is at the end of the showers and is easier to play in than at most. Problem is that it’s so busy, little time to be by yourselves. Lots of wandering eyes

Greenwich: so many guys looking to fuck, shower doors open, people very forward, sometimes 6 or more guys stroking in steam room. Saw two guys get a bathroom stall lol

Gramercy: very straight. Haven’t seen any action

soho bond street: great set up, sexy locker room, but seems to have high number of straight guys

highline: super open fishbowl steam room, but surprisingly have had the most luck here. Sitting on the side that faces the showers has been gold

Columbus circle: lots of older out of shape guys looking. Haven’t come across any hot, fit guys here

Hell’s Kitchen: small steam room and usually guys just hanging around. But can find some hotties usually

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Crunch 34th was super cruisy today.

i was in the shower area by myself waiting for the water to warm up, when this guy came over and decided to shower across from me. I couldn’t tell if he was cruisy or not but then I caught him looking at my dick. Instantly started getting hard.

So i left my shower door cracked, and although I couldn’t see too well, I knew he was watching me, and I started to j/o.

he left after a while, and once I left the shower area, and went back to change, i noticed he looked at me. And before he left, he looked me in my face and gave me a smile.

I just wish he would’ve joined me though. Can’t wait to go back :)

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yes! I’ve always wondered that lol. At least they will “get off” with someone
Ur type is the real problem. U have no one to blame but urself. U speak about these spaces as if they are ur private hook up spaces. If someone wants to be there for hours, who cares. U only notice them because ur obsessed w/screwing, no matter what u tell urself w/ur ‘I’m actually there to mainly workout’ bs. Focus on u and the ones u think are worthy, and shut the fu*k up.

INSTEAD, u decide to not hook up b/c a troll is watching? That ur so special that only the hottest guys can dare see a glimpse of u nude?. A dick is a dick. No, u play games and go in and out being OBVIOUS to all others and the gym staff. It makes the locker room uncomfortable. I have an IDEA- IF u want ur alone time w/only the guys u find as hot-get a hotel room or find a park. Leave the steam/sauna for others, stop having them shut down, and let guys of all types have a space to be nude together and bond! Don’t u all ever get it??? A room of say 8 guys all leave the gym that day w/no play, not blowing loads b/c of 1 guy? It’s so easy to see a difference at gyms outside NY/LA- the vibe is one of bonding and openness and, for example, say 8 guys, many 10s in looks w/some 5-7s and say 2 trolls all will have the hottest JO together. And the 10s can still touch or do more w/only each other in that setting. How many days have u lost out b/c of ur bs? NYC cruising is 80% or MORE of WASTED TIME and guys going in and out, in and out.

And like every gym in the past, from NY HRC, NYSCs, David Barton’s, etc., ur bs vibes DRIVES AWAY all the HOTTEST straight and curious guys, and other gay men, AND then ur obvious play, when you actually do it EVENTUALLY gets CAUGHT. Then, no one has a space to play. Then you bitch here even more.

I say this as someone who has lived in nyc for 15+ yrs having seen it forever. Lemme guess, ur gonna attack me saying I’m a fatty or old or a troll. I’m very much not and not gonna play prove it games w/pics or bs. I’ve been the 28 waist, college twink, the muscle gay, etc etc. AND the thing that never changes is this whining, wasting time, and U ALL CAUSING NO ONE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE TO PLAY.

Stop whining and jerk, suck, or whatever. IF the troll tries to touch or get in the way, tell him no thanks and 9.9/10 times he will stop and go back to his corner. Are you so conceited that you prefer no play??? Grow up or take it elsewhere. U CALL OTHERS selfish or not taking a hint. U take a hint that ur bs means LESS play and steam/saunas getting SHUT DOWN.

kmc1995

Legendary Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Details please!
Rockefeller is constant but the guys are either attractive or very unattractive.

Hell’s Kitchen is wild.

Bryant Park is hit or miss. Too many straight people.

Grant Central and 43rd is non existent. I’ve seen guys try to get stuff happen at both but they were unattractive, and the area is too straight.

Columbus Circle is interesting. I’ve seen hot guys who might be willing but are unwilling to around trolls.

Tribeca if you like older guys. I’ve went a few times when I needed a quick lift during work and it’s always older guys. There are two who are very aggressive and it’s off putting.

Bond St can be wild, but it’s the same as Hell’s Kitchen where if you’re not attractive, it’s a no go. But because of the area, a lot of straight guys so it’s a dice roll of who’s coming in.

Greenwich Ave is the wildest. I live close but prefer bond st because I like not walking in on crazy stuff happening constantly.

there are a few others that are hit or miss but that’s the gist off the top of my head.

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So you start showering and see others playing? Or you join each other in the showers? Dying to figure this out lol.
It depends on the guy. Some guys have their showers cracked open and are looking for fun. Other guys have their shower doors wide open and are just jerking away. Some guys prefer to start in the sauna, then transition to the showers.

I recommend just seeing what happens for yourself.

Brncub

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
any 43/3 or 45/Lex NYC updates?
Story time.
Stopped in at both gyms before work earlier this week. I usually go to 45th & Lexington because I pretty regularly see the same one or two guys in the sauna who want to get off before work. But at the front desk, was told none of the showers were working - the week before only 3 were.
So I walked over to 43rd & 3rd (where the sauna and steam room have been closed since the fall). There I was told that the showers were working but they only had cold water!
Figured a quick, cold shower after a workout was better than not working out at all. So after a quick workout I took a very quick, very cold shower.
As I’m drying off a hot guy (slim, smooth, brown skin, probably in his 30s and Latin) is checking me out in the mirror while he’s blow drying his hair. I sit on the bench and widen my stance to give him a better view of my cock and he licks his lips.
From there it’s just a matter of killing time while we are both getting dressed until the other guys in the locker room leave.
Once I was dressed and there was only one extra older guy in the locker room, I walked to the urinal while he was washing his hands at a sink where the mirror gave him a view of the row of three urinals.
I backed up and started stroking, to give him a look and he was definitely watching every move.
Unfortunately the guy from the front desk came in to pee, so he walked away from his position at the sink. But when the front desk guy left - without washing his hands - I moved to a sink to wash mine.
The Latin guy came back to the sink area and whispered everyone is gone.
Not wanting to waste time and risk getting interrupted again, I just whipped out my still hard dick and he bent over and started giving me a blowjob.
His mouth felt good, and I didn’t want to waste time, so I had my head on the back of his head, to set the pace. At one point, he backed off and said he wanted my ‘leche’ (which made me roll my eyes) but I told him I’d be quick and pushed his head back down onto my dick. He got what he wanted when I flooded his mouth a minute later.
While he was spitting my load out in the toilet, I washed my hands again, grabbed my bag, and headed off to work!
Long story short, even when all the conditions at NYSC are stacked against me (cold shower, no sauna or steam) I still ended up getting off with a hot guy. And that’s why I haven’t canceled my membership.

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Maybe it’s happening more and more due to PrEP. I’ve had a few guys I’ve jumped into the showers with that wanted me to fuck them raw but when I mentioned I had a condom in my gym bag they would decline… sigh… I mean what can you say!

But all and all, fuck in the showers, not in the open saunas and steam rooms, way too risky! I guess the same for jerking and oral, it’s not like it’s any better, lol.
Maybe

I actually thinks it’s hotter jerking in the sauna. Something about feeling the sexual tension build up and knowing that other guys want to jerk off but won’t move until someone makes the first move makes me so horny. It’s just not the same in the showers/locker room.

feiuch92

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Had some fun at 34th last night. Took a while because an old guy was creeping in the sauna, but near closing time there were 4 of us jerking in the sauna together, then across from each other in the showers (if you were there, hit me up/hopefully see you again soon). The janitor completely minded his own business-it was late so he had to mop the floors, but he didn't linger.