Nyc / Nj Gyms

focus0t

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Everyone is talking about NYSC guys, as if they're not a thing anymore.... is it because people just stopped going to NYSC? what the reason? I was with them years ago but stopped going, just curious if its worth joining again....

lol I guess it's very easy to tell who was going to the gym to workout and who was going to play. It's funny because a lot of the sauna trolls I used to see literally every day have not been spotted since the gyms reopened. Maybe they canceled their membership during the pandemic and never came back, maybe they moved-who knows, but the gym definitely is not as active as it was pre-pandemic (though rush hour times can get REALLY crowded). Showers just opened a few weeks ago and apparently towels will be coming back soon, but while I think there might be a slight uptick in foot traffic, I don't think many people will be comfortable in a sauna just yet. I know I'm not.

Japabrus

Admired Member
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
lol I guess it's very easy to tell who was going to the gym to workout and who was going to play. It's funny because a lot of the sauna trolls I used to see literally every day have not been spotted since the gyms reopened. Maybe they canceled their membership during the pandemic and never came back, maybe they moved-who knows, but the gym definitely is not as active as it was pre-pandemic (though rush hour times can get REALLY crowded). Showers just opened a few weeks ago and apparently towels will be coming back soon, but while I think there might be a slight uptick in foot traffic, I don't think many people will be comfortable in a sauna just yet. I know I'm not.
Well also remember pre pandemic the city swells like I dunno by 50% (I’m guessing the stat) with bridge and tunnel office workers. Everyone by and large is still remote at home so those office workers who lived in NJ CT LI etc. who wanted a midday and post work jerk off sesh are just not in Manhattan yet.

focus0t

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well also remember pre pandemic the city swells like I dunno by 50% (I’m guessing the stat) with bridge and tunnel office workers. Everyone by and large is still remote at home so those office workers who lived in NJ CT LI etc. who wanted a midday and post work jerk off sesh are just not in Manhattan yet.

I work out at random hours so I mean even the trolls I used to see earlier in the day--all vanished.

Scrapple11

Sexy Member
Media
Everyone is talking about NYSC guys, as if they're not a thing anymore.... is it because people just stopped going to NYSC? what the reason? I was with them years ago but stopped going, just curious if its worth joining again....

NYSC declared bankruptcy during shutdown and a lot of their locations were picked up by other companies (TMPL) or closed. They also did a shady thing by making more of their regular locations "elite" (without any real upgrades) and not available with a regular membership. Apparently, they've only reopened saunas at elite locations and several of the regular locations I visited still have closed showers and no towels. If I wanted a Blink gym, I'd join Blink. I'm trying out Crunch now and finding it much nicer.

Alextate817

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
NYSC declared bankruptcy during shutdown and a lot of their locations were picked up by other companies (TMPL) or closed. They also did a shady thing by making more of their regular locations "elite" (without any real upgrades) and not available with a regular membership. Apparently, they've only reopened saunas at elite locations and several of the regular locations I visited still have closed showers and no towels. If I wanted a Blink gym, I'd join Blink. I'm trying out Crunch now and finding it much nicer.

I heard similar rumors about the NYSC. One of the main reasons why I left. Which Crunch locations have you visited so far?

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There’s this really creepy dude who goes to Crunch tribeca, and when I mean he’s a CREEP. I mean he is a super creep.

He’s kinda tall, not fat, but has sort of a pot belly, he wears glasses, he looks south Asian and is very hairy, and he ALWAYS walks around with these flip flops (i think they’re brown). He walks around the locker room in nothing but a towel for hours, and when guys are changing, he stares at them, and makes it so obvious. I was in the showers and I caught him trying to peek into showers that other guys were using. I try to avoid him as much as possible because i really don’t like creepy guys who don’t respect other peoples’ boundaries, so we’re never in the sauna or steam room at the same time. Ever. I can’t imagine how much worse he is in there. It’s like he can’t take no for an answer. If you go there during weekdays, you will probably run into him. There was one day, he was i had just got to the gym, and he was already walking around the locker room, then he left. And after working out for over an hour, i went to change and then he ended up coming BACK to the gym and doing the same shit.

just putting this out there. Some
People may be into that kinda stuff, but I’m not.

Jrena

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
There’s this really creepy dude who goes to Crunch tribeca, and when I mean he’s a CREEP. I mean he is a super creep.

He’s kinda tall, not fat, but has sort of a pot belly, he wears glasses, he looks south Asian and is very hairy, and he ALWAYS walks around with these flip flops (i think they’re brown). He walks around the locker room in nothing but a towel for hours, and when guys are changing, he stares at them, and makes it so obvious. I was in the showers and I caught him trying to peek into showers that other guys were using. I try to avoid him as much as possible because i really don’t like creepy guys who don’t respect other peoples’ boundaries, so we’re never in the sauna or steam room at the same time. Ever. I can’t imagine how much worse he is in there. It’s like he can’t take no for an answer. If you go there during weekdays, you will probably run into him. There was one day, he was i had just got to the gym, and he was already walking around the locker room, then he left. And after working out for over an hour, i went to change and then he ended up coming BACK to the gym and doing the same shit.

just putting this out there. Some
People may be into that kinda stuff, but I’m not.
I know exactly who you’re talking about & he’s a big time creeper

Reactions: Susanonyc

osid

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone go to NY Equinox Sports Club
I do, although I literally just put my membership on hold and came to this thread to see if anyone lives in the neighborhood had better experiences elsewhere. The club itself is nice, but the other patrons are some of the most inconsiderate assholes on the planet. I just about lost it when I went yesterday, walked into the weight room, and despite not that many people being there, nearly every bench or piece of equipment was in "use" (not necessarily with a person on it, but with a towel or water bottle parked on it). I was about to use one of the squat racks, but then I saw a guy snag it to do wrist curls despite having to walk past a rack of equivalent barbells to get to said squat rack. That was the last straw for me. It wasn't this bad when the gym first re-opened post-shutdown and they had staff members assigned to just walk around, wipe things down and tidy things up. But now that there are no staff members around, it's just constant asshole behavior.