Nyc / Nj Gyms

JPLN98

Expert Member
Media
The Bronx, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Might switch from NYSC to crunch. How’s the crunch on 23rd? Do they have sauna/steam rooms/other amenities?

Eh, stay at NYSC, Crunch isn’t how it use to be, a ton of their steam rooms and saunas started to close, that’s why I left. Astor place NYSC reminded me on the old Crunch 54th, it got so wild that they permanently closed the steam room. I had the time of my life there!!!! Crunch Tribeca is very cruisy, but again, it’s dying off... when I switched to NYSC, I recognized a ton of Crunch faces!

So with that said... they only Crunch locations that you’d probably have fun at would be 34th street on the East side, 38th Street, Tribeca. There are no saunas or steam rooms at 19th, 23rd, Bowery, 54th... Union Square is extremely MISS and most of the time the sauna was closed or no one was ever in there. I think their motive was to eliminate all the sauna and steam rooms in the gaybrohoods and they did!

winnj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Eh, stay at NYSC, Crunch isn’t how it use to be, a ton of their steam rooms and saunas started to close, that’s why I left. Astor place NYSC reminded me on the old Crunch 54th, it got so wild that they permanently closed the steam room. I had the time of my life there!!!! Crunch Tribeca is very cruisy, but again, it’s dying off... when I switched to NYSC, I recognized a ton of Crunch faces!

So with that said... they only Crunch locations that you’d probably have fun at would be 34th street on the East side, 38th Street, Tribeca. There are no saunas or steam rooms at 19th, 23rd, Bowery, 54th... Union Square is extremely MISS and most of the time the sauna was closed or no one was ever in there. I think their motive was to eliminate all the sauna and steam rooms in the gaybrohoods and they did!

Even now? So any of the gyms have their saunas open. EQX on 63rd and 61st both have their saunas closed for covid.

Reactions: jp

dom1000

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I go to Equinox and I think everyone's pretty careful. I haven't seen anyone not wear a mask yet, and they take them down just to grab a sip of water. I think everyone who's been going knows that we get to keep the gyms only so long as everyone's careful, so everyone's careful.

No saunas or steamrooms, but I think showers are open. I don't think anyone's been using them if they can help it, though.
I also go to Equinox (the downtown Manhattan locations) and yes the lockerrooms are open but the steamrooms are closed. Guys still use the showers but there’s less cruising.

Reactions: jp and osid

Capt Hook

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

People switch between them all the time and NYSC isn’t what it used to be either. Some of the good locations are either closed or part of TMPL which is now a separate company. Astor Place is no longer NYSC.

There’s more to Crunch than what you mentioned, but I’d rather not make that info public or else they’ll shut that down too. The content of these forums shows up in Google searches and can be seen without registering, so I think we should be smarter about posting our discreet activities on here...

Reactions: Susanonyc

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
People switch between them all the time and NYSC isn’t what it used to be either. Some of the good locations are either closed or part of TMPL which is now a separate company. Astor Place is no longer NYSC.

There’s more to Crunch than what you mentioned, but I’d rather not make that info public or else they’ll shut that down too. The content of these forums shows up in Google searches and can be seen without registering, so I think we should be smarter about posting our discreet activities on here...
Yeah honestly I think I’m gonna end my membership with NYSC. I’m thinking of just signing up with Equinox once things are back to normal. I’d love to hear more about crunch though (pm?), maybe i may try them out first before going to Equinox.

JPLN98

Expert Member
Media
The Bronx, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Astor Place just recently became TMPL... and seriously, bro? Everyone knows what goes down, this thread is filled with people spilling all the information, not fair to just single my post out... Crunch 54th was the mecca of steam room play, if that location closed down their steam room then the word is out. Trust me when I say management communicate with each other throughout the entire city. You’re naive if you think management doesn’t know that this activity goes on, just take a peak at the warning notices that are up. I was at NYSC at the Crown Plaza location when management burst in and closed the sauna due to them receiving too many complaints! A lot of people complain, even the gays who just want to enjoy the amenities!

Reactions: Alextate817 and jp

Capt Hook

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Astor Place just recently became TMPL... and seriously, bro? Everyone knows what goes down, this thread is filled with people spilling all the information, not fair to just single my post out...

You’re right, but now that steam rooms/saunas are closed there’s other even more discreet/riskier action going down at some of these places. So I think it’s best people don’t share it on a forum that’s completely open to Google. Like you can randomly type “Crunch” and a few words posted in this thread and it’ll be one of the first things someone sees in a Google search (and they might just be an old straight dude just wondering if the gym has good amenities... and up pops a forum where gay guys are talking about hooking up there).

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
All the gym owners know that hookups happen, and they try to keep the action to a minimum. But, I think they try to strike a balance with enforcement - if guys keep it discreet and complaints are being made by paying members then they leave the fun alone.

I read an article on/about David Barton - he used to own gyms - and he was saying that he wanted locker rooms to be sexy and people to get more comfortable being naked together. A sexy gym locker room is an amenity, so if they lock it down too much, they might loose out on members (which we all seem to be proof of).

osid

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I also go to Equinox (the downtown Manhattan locations) and yes the lockerrooms are open but the steamrooms are closed. Guys still use the showers but there’s less cruising.
I've seen a small uptick in guys using the showers at Equinox lately. I figure it's a symptom of quarantine fatigue, and it's the closest to cruising/exhibitionism one can get right now outside of an app, so that's why it's happening.

dom1000

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've seen a small uptick in guys using the showers at Equinox lately. I figure it's a symptom of quarantine fatigue, and it's the closest to cruising/exhibitionism one can get right now outside of an app, so that's why it's happening.
Exactly correct.

Reactions: osid

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Life time bought out NYHRC and they are convertting/opening them all around the city. It's pretty pricey like equinox, $210-$250, but well worth it and the people there are hot
Does any action happen in the locker rooms or saunas/steam rooms? (If they have those amenities)