Occupation?

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well nothing like construction or plumbing. Management/CEO positions are supposedly equal opportunity but we all know men still earn more than women. I guess there is really nothing I can think of that I'd like to do, but then again I'm still trying to figure out what I really want to do with my life career-wise in the long term.

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wouldn't want to personally do it but President. Isn't it about time?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, even though it's not technically my job I love to help with the demo of a house we're doing. I'm supposed to be just the designer, but I love to get hands-on to see the bones we're working with. It also helps to be onsite to see surprises right away.

The guys used to think it's so funny to see the "prissy white lady" trying to swing a sledge hammer. Now they almost expect me to be there with them. When I was out recuperating they said they missed me.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i've worked construction in various trades. in extreme weather the work can be miserable, but i like the solid proof of busting ass at the end of the day. came into work, sweated through my sports bra.. BOOM! i made a room! *dances*

also like winning the respect of the guys on the job. makes me feel like a front line feminist. walking the walk *with a bit of plumber crack showing*

mainly male professions i'd like to try?
Deadliest Catch, baby!!

is like that ultimate man job.
but i would feel bad for capturing the lil crabs :frown:
is a vegetarian thing.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*waves monies at Mr. Molotov*
shake it!! woohooo!!!!

*is not calling Ms. Molotov a dude... she has the girlies playset... just saying Mr. Molotov is an AWESOME dude-stripper name*

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I like this one...:smile:

Male stripper. :wink:

But, this one has to be the winner :biggrin1: :tongue:

I wanna be a fireman and slide down that big pole :tongue:

Seriously tho,

I was thinking the other day, and while there is still definitely a ways to go, I think we've come a long way in regards to what women can and are doing. When I say "a ways to go", I guess I mean until it's not a "unique thing".

I mean you have Danika Patrick in both Nascar and Indy, but she's known not only as a good driver, but one of the only women drivers.

You are seeing more women in construction, but it is also still not common, yet.

I still see it in Rodeo. They have the "Mens events" and the "Womens events". Although a non PRCA sanctioned events, I am seeing more women getting into Team Roping, and some Men competing in Barrel Racing, so maybe it's not too far off there either.

Thanks Ladies :smile:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Anytime Mr. CG.. you are right ... we still have a ways to go..

you are seeing a few more female coal miners.. that might be a fun job..
just think... Everyday going down a deep dark shaft!! :tongue:

Im sorry ... there's just too many jokes to be made over such a serious matter~~

FP

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Anytime Mr. CG.. you are right ... we still have a ways to go..

you are seeing a few more female coal miners.. that might be a fun job..
just think... Everyday going down a deep dark shaft!! :tongue:

Im sorry ... there's just too many jokes to be made over such a serious matter~~

FP

And I Love every one of them!! :biggrin1:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I cannot think of one occupation that is held only by men that I couldn't do. The restrictions I have are physical, not gender specific.

Rodeo....that is true, though. I don't see many women doing bull-riding or bronc-busting. A guy taught me how to barrel race though.

The only thing I wish I could do is make the money a man makes! :mad:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LaFemme, I used to be a barrel racer! I did a small circuit rodeo in Texas, and I absolutely loved it! I loved being around horse people, and I had a crush on just about every bull and bronc rider.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I cannot think of one occupation that is held only by men that I couldn't do. The restrictions I have are physical, not gender specific.

Rodeo....that is true, though. I don't see many women doing bull-riding or bronc-busting. A guy taught me how to barrel race though.

The only thing I wish I could do is make the money a man makes! :mad:

I've actually seen a few female rough stock riders, and they were GOOD too :eek: :biggrin1:

LaFemme, I used to be a barrel racer! I did a small circuit rodeo in Texas, and I absolutely loved it! I loved being around horse people, and I had a crush on just about every bull and bronc rider.

^^Buckle Bunny^^ :biglaugh: :tongue:

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

OMG! How could you not have a crush those guys! The way they walked, those slim hipped, cowboy hatted gods of the circuit! Calloused hands, always bruised and some bone in a state of healing.

I grew up between two ranches and we used to have pretend rodeos. So much fun. Haven't ridden in over 20 years though. :frown1:

I've actually seen a few female rough stock riders, and they were GOOD too :eek: :biggrin1:

^^Buckle Bunny^^ :biglaugh: :tongue:

Women CAN be good at riding as well as being a bit of a buckle bunny! :tongue:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I like to ride as often as I can, but lately it's been rare. I live not far from what they call the "Horse Capital of the World" with no apologies to Kentucky. Ocala, Florida has a whole bunch of horse ranches, and I volunteer for a group that uses horses for rehabilitation for physically and mentally challenged individuals.

And CountryGuy, I was asked to do a photo shoot for a Buckle Bunny calendar when I was in high school but Dad said over his dead body. I really wanted to do it, too!