Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Do woman still appreciate these values? Opening a door, seating the lady first, doing something without asking or being asked. There are many other things that can be added but I wonder sometimes if this has been a "lost art".

BonnieBlaine

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It seems to be a lost art, speaking for myself I enjoy it.... Do not see it too often but I believe it shows a little respect to the woman you are with, or even a woman you do not know walking into the store and you hold the door for her to walk ahead of her (sometimes that may just be to check out the booty...... lol)

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honestly??? No. I don't like the whole ceremony of doors opened, and chairs pulled out, and buying a rose from the rose lady at the table. I'm really not into that at all. As far as a man being a gentleman and using good manners obviously that never goes out of style.
I just feel that a man is treating me like I'm helpless if he does too much of what I can do myself. That being said I love it when my BF takes out the garbage or mows the lawn. There is nothing cheesy about that :)

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i open doors, i hold/push seats, i carry coats and bags.. is not about assuming my lady friend is incapable... is about respecting her. about being attentive to her.

i'm not treating her like a child, i'm treating her like a lady.

haven't gotten use to be on the receiving end of chivalry yet. well, from my boy.. he's from Texas... would be require massive personality adjustment for him not to open the door *even when we was just friends, he always opened the door for me and followed me through* from strangers? is blushies making. but i don't take it as a bad thing.. is mannerly.

is like i hold open the door for the next person.. i was raised that way :shrug:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It seems to be a lost art, speaking for myself I enjoy it.... Do not see it too often but I believe it shows a little respect to the woman you are with, or even a woman you do not know walking into the store and you hold the door for her to walk ahead of her (sometimes that may just be to check out the booty...... lol)
That' how I view it respect. And for the booty view maybe. :biggrin1:

i open doors, i hold/push seats, i carry coats and bags.. is not about assuming my lady friend is incapable... is about respecting her. about being attentive to her.

i'm not treating her like a child, i'm treating her like a lady.

haven't gotten use to be on the receiving end of chivalry yet. well, from my boy.. he's from Texas... would be require massive personality adjustment for him not to open the door *even when we was just friends, he always opened the door for me and followed me through* from strangers? is blushies making. but i don't take it as a bad thing.. is mannerly.

is like i hold open the door for the next person.. i was raised that way :shrug:
That's how I was raised.

I understand that some don't like or expect it because they feel we as men are somehow lowering the equality of women but that is not the case.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was raised to have old fashioned values. I'm not helpless. I'm more than capable of opening my door... but it's special when a guy holds the door open in courtesy. Any guy, any day of the week, any time. I like it.

More things...in a relationship a hand at the small of my back, guiding me through a restaurant, directing the waiter's attention to me first, carrying heavy things... etc.

I don't know how to explain it really, there's just something about it that makes him more attractive to me when he shows respect and old world courtesy to women.

I hold doors open for other's, especially the elderly, or if someone is right behind me... I just think of it as the proper thing to do. Kind of just part of who I am.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Evie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love it when my husband opens a door or gives me flowers. He always pulls my seat out at a restaurant and holds my hand when we are walking together.

I does not make me feel helpless or less capable of being my own person. It makes me feel cherished because he is considerate enough to do the "Small" things he likes that openly shows his love and care for me.

He is fully capable of doing is own laundry and his own cooking dinner, yet I still do that for him. It might be considered "old fashioned" to do these domestic things for him, but I like taking care of him in this way.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i don't expect it either.. is just nice when it happens :smile:
is certainly not something i feel entitled to cuz i have boobehs.

maybe i misunderstood the OP? i kinda read it as "i do appreciate when me boy opens the door for me" not "it's his ass if i have to touch a door handle" :irked:"
:redface:

lottie

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I appreciate good manners from either genders, but not into a stranger making a big deal about opening a door, that just makes him seems like a jerk. I'm happy for a guy to open a door for me, but if I get there first, I'll open it and hold it open for him or whoever is behind me. It's just good manners.

Good manners and consideration are a must, if I am going to be attracted to man. Good looks and a good body, count for nothing if my date has no manners. However a really well mannered guy who I don't find physically attractive, wouldn't get a date in the first place, lol. It's got to be the whole package.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I like old fashioned manners in men. Especially when they break wind walking five paces or more behind you down the hotel corridor. :wink:

...and not two steps in front of you :rofl:
That wasn't me. :redface:

And see if I bring you breakfast in bed again. :nana:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was raised to have old fashioned values. I'm not helpless. I'm more than capable of opening my door... but it's special when a guy holds the door open in courtesy. Any guy, any day of the week, any time. I like it.

More things...in a relationship a hand at the small of my back, guiding me through a restaurant, directing the waiter's attention to me first, carrying heavy things... etc.

I don't know how to explain it really, there's just something about it that makes him more attractive to me when he shows respect and old world courtesy to women.

I hold doors open for other's, especially the elderly, or if someone is right behind me... I just think of it as the proper thing to do. Kind of just part of who I am.

This pretty much sums up how I feel as well.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love when men show old-fashioned values. Where I live in Florida it's still considered the Old South. Older gentlemen always offer me a shopping cart at the market, they allow me to go first on the elevator, and the older gentlemen still tip their hats. I love it.

That said, I am more than capable enough to get my own cart, but why deny someone the chance to practice their upbringing.