On A Scale Of "that's Kinda Cute" To Straight Blocking Me On Here, How Cringey Is What I Did Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumTip

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was mtn biking and kinda ripping around a corner and came very close to destroying this poor hiker woman. I made sure she was alright and she was ultra friendly and smiley, so I went on my way. She was "my type" like I had dreamed her up myself. As I ride away, I turn to check out the glutes and get caught so I ride away.

So I'm not gonna interrupt a woman by herself in the woods to try and hit on her because I don't want her to feel unsafe, but at the same time I really want to know her.

So I get back to my car and write this on a piece of paper:
"DREAM GIRL
Blonde hair, white top, black bottoms.
Almost killed you on my bike today.
You single? I'm single! We should be not single together! Call me xxx-xxx-xxxx"

And I put it in a place that you basically have to walk around to get back to the trailhead parking lot.

How bad is that? I feel like such a dork right now but I am curious how bad that was.

Thoughts?

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Ehhhh personally I find it creepy and cringey. If I'm out doing my thing, I don't want some dude who's known me for five seconds and doesn't even know my name to determine that I'm his "dream girl". Being polite after being nearly run down by a bike and brushing it off out of politeness isn't an invite to be picked up.

There's personally nothing appealing about the situation to me, and I don't understand how it'll be appealing to that woman either. She may feel different, but that point is moot since you're asking the women here.

Reactions: PlumTip

PlumTip

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ehhhh personally I find it creepy and cringey. If I'm out doing my thing, I don't want some dude who's known me for five seconds and doesn't even know my name to determine that I'm his "dream girl". Being polite after being nearly run down by a bike and brushing it off out of politeness isn't an invite to be picked up.

There's personally nothing appealing about the situation to me, and I don't understand how it'll be appealing to that woman either. She may feel different, but that point is moot since you're asking the women here.
That's fair. I had a feeling it was lame. It's interesting to me.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
That's fair. I had a feeling it was lame. It's interesting to me.
It's not a matter of "lame". It can be downright uncomfortable for a woman who's just trying to exist without being hit on or trying to be picked up.

I'm sure the other ladies will be around to give their input on this at some point. I could just be a cranky introvert sharing my opinion lol

PlumTip

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's not a matter of "lame". It can be downright uncomfortable for a woman who's just trying to exist without being hit on or trying to be picked up.
Ok but how is anyone supposed to meet anyone then, you know? How is a guy supposed to know the specific time and date that a girl wants to be hit on or when she just wants to exist?

Reactions: GoingOnABoeing

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
To be honest it could be creepy or kind of cool. You won’t ever know, unless she does call you. Then you’d have a definitive answer that she thought it was cool. If she felt a spark on that near collision, she might actually like it. If she didn’t, well then it was creepy to her. Hard to say because it wasn’t me.

The thing is you’ll never know. You could have done worse though. You could have waited for her in the parking lot! That would have been creepy as hell. :)

ChanelleNo5

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Here's my take. What you did would have been acceptable, maybe cute, but the fact that you put it out in a very public place where several people are gonna see it before her probably...are all put into a bottleneck of a parking lot. So now maybe you've got several guys waiting for the blonde girl to come out in her white top. "I gotta see this "DREAM GIRL" she must be so hot uhhhh uuuuuhh".

That is the sketchy part for me. In my eyes your heart was fine but your brain was too clouded by the booty to make good decisions. :/

PlumTip

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Here's my take. What you did would have been acceptable, maybe cute, but the fact that you put it out in a very public place where several people are gonna see it before her probably...are all put into a bottleneck of a parking lot. So now maybe you've got several guys waiting for the blonde girl to come out in her white top. "I gotta see this "DREAM GIRL" she must be so hot uhhhh uuuuuhh".

That is the sketchy part for me. In my eyes your heart was fine but your brain was too clouded by the booty to make good decisions. :/

Oh for fuck sake. How does this shit not occur to me? I like to think I am somewhat intelligent but my worst thought was "bet someone besides her is gonna crank call me" but whatever no big deal. Big facepalm.

PlumTip

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
To be honest it could be creepy or kind of cool. You won’t ever know, unless she does call you. Then you’d have a definitive answer that she thought it was cool. If she felt a spark on that near collision, she might actually like it. If she didn’t, well then it was creepy to her. Hard to say because it wasn’t me.

The thing is you’ll never know. You could have done worse though. You could have waited for her in the parking lot! That would have been creepy as hell. :)
Lol definitely didn't wait for her. She was just starting her walk and I was ending my ride. That could have been hours!

Kidding. Thanks. No call yet hah.

D

deleted924715

This. It's sooooo subjective

I think if you had waited for her or put a note on her actual car it could feel creepy (or at least I've found that creepy, like I was being watched) but you just threw your hat in the ring in a non intrusive way.

Personally, "dream girl" and "let's not be single together!" is a bit much pressure for me - I know it's tongue-in-cheek but I *personally* respond better to something a bit more neutrally friendly from someone I don't know.

But hey, she might have found it adorable, she's just not single!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Someone did pretty much that exact thing to me when I worked at the coffee shop. Dude watched me walk to my car and left a very, very similar note to the one you left on my windshield.

It fucking scared me. Creeped me out. Made me want to get a new vehicle immediately.

Do not do that again.

Seriously. DON'T.

Reactions: Mittimer

SexyFantasyGirl

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was mtn biking and kinda ripping around a corner and came very close to destroying this poor hiker woman. I made sure she was alright and she was ultra friendly and smiley, so I went on my way. She was "my type" like I had dreamed her up myself. As I ride away, I turn to check out the glutes and get caught so I ride away.

So I'm not gonna interrupt a woman by herself in the woods to try and hit on her because I don't want her to feel unsafe, but at the same time I really want to know her.

So I get back to my car and write this on a piece of paper:
"DREAM GIRL
Blonde hair, white top, black bottoms.
Almost killed you on my bike today.
You single? I'm single! We should be not single together! Call me xxx-xxx-xxxx"

And I put it in a place that you basically have to walk around to get back to the trailhead parking lot.

How bad is that? I feel like such a dork right now but I am curious how bad that was.

Thoughts?
you said she was ultra friendly and smiley,
IMO your best bet would have been just keep trying to talk to her and don't come on to strong and seen where it leads to.
the note made you look like more of a stalker then it did a friendly guy trying to get a date.

D

deleted924715

Someone did pretty much that exact thing to me when I worked at the coffee shop. Dude watched me walk to my car and left a very, very similar note to the one you left on my windshield.

It fucking scared me. Creeped me out. Made me want to get a new vehicle immediately.

Do not do that again.

Seriously. DON'T.

Yeah I didn't like a note being left on my car at all. Was he still around? Was he hiding and watching me read it? How did he know that was my car? Did he follow me? Why didn't I sense someone watching me?

*Shudder*

Only leave a note on my car if you bumped it

I think this was mostly ok. I'd much rather have the option of calling/not than have you ask me out after a 30 second interaction just because you thought I was hawt. Although I think my exterior is pretty good, what's on the inside/who I am is where the really good stuff is. My brain, my heart, my gifts... THAT'S what's up. Yes, I get that physical attraction is important, but if that's all it's based on, I'm gonna assume that you think I'm nothing more than a human peter cushion.

That said, if she thought you were attractive and she's not just smiley and friendly to everyone, I hope she calls you. I'd imagine that if she caught you checking her backside that means SHE was looking. Plus you're interested in the same things, etc. Wish you luck.

Agree with BackNForth about the "pressure" of let's not be single together, but it'd probably make me chuckle more than cringe. Had it been leaving the note on her car, waiting for her, etc. it would have been a very different response... and not in a good way. And I do think there's a good chance that you're gonna get pranked. I hope not. If I were this dream girl, and were attracted and single, I'd probably call/text.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Ok but how is anyone supposed to meet anyone then, you know? How is a guy supposed to know the specific time and date that a girl wants to be hit on or when she just wants to exist?
I’d guess hiking solo is a damn good time to assume she wants to be left alone.

but, it’s sorta hollywoodish, in a cringey way, and might work. It’s sort of like the missed connections section for millennials.

but dude, Leave No Trace.

PlumTip

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Do not do that again.

Seriously. DON'T.
Cept I didn't watch her go to her car or follow her in any way. Sorry that happened to you but what happened was quite a bit different than knowing where you work and following you to your car. Go a little easier on me, I thought we were homies.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Cept I didn't watch her go to her car or follow her in any way. Sorry that happened to you but what happened was quite a bit different than knowing where you work and following you to your car. Go a little easier on me, I thought we were homies.

I'm just being honest. Leaving a note is just creepy to me. It's not ever "cute" or "sweet", personally I just don't see any other way of taking it. The circumstance being *slightly* different doesn't make it less creepy to me.

If you felt like approaching her directly might have made her feel uncomfortable I can't see why leaving a note which tells her you were watching (whether or not you followed her) and that creeps me out.

Reactions: Mittimer

PlumTip

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm just being honest. Leaving a note is just creepy to me. It's not ever "cute" or "sweet", personally I just don't see any other way of taking it. The circumstance being *slightly* different doesn't make it less creepy to me.

If you felt like approaching her directly might have made her feel uncomfortable I can't see why leaving a note which tells her you were watching (whether or not you followed her) and that creeps me out.
I didn't "watch" anything. I rode in the complete opposite direction after apologizing. It wasn't at all similar to your experience. But I get that I struck a chord with you so I'm just gonna leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.