Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There might already be an existing thread for this question, but I ain't scrolling through thousands of posts to find it!

I'm curious. What is the origin of your username?

For as long as I can remember, I've always used titles from obscure 1980s horror movies that I was obsessed with. Even way back in the old days of AOL chat rooms and Yahoo I was using screen names like HumanoidsfromtheDeep, PanicBeats or NeonManiacs . My username would typically start an interesting discussion.

A hundred years ago when I was first on LPSG, I would make a "dirty" username but I eventually stopped doing that...not that there is anything wrong with it!

My current username is TerrorVision and is inspired by the crazy 1986 horror comedy. Here 's some artwork based on that film. If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it!

terrorvision-movie-cover.jpg

...and the trailer:

Tell me what YOURS means!

ArtAppreciation

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
What an awesome thread!

Mine started as a joke from college. I took a class called Art Appreciation. I would just stare at pics of big dicks during class and zone out... I remember getting an A. And being turned on in class a lot.

I don’t really remember anything else about the class :) I’m super curious to find out some of the other origin stories of certain members here :cool:

Terrorvision

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What an awesome thread!

Mine started as a joke from college. I took a class called Art Appreciation. I would just stare at pics of big dicks during class and zone out... I remember getting an A. And being turned on in class a lot.

I don’t really remember anything else about the class :) I’m super curious to find out some of the other origin stories of certain members here :cool:

HA! That's great. When I was in art school we never had male models! I would not have been able to concentrate if we did.

Well, mine is stupidly obvious.
FSUnole2k9
FSU = florida state university(the best university known to man and one that I support/love/and watch (sports) religiously especially football, baseball, basketball)
Nole = short for Seminole as in THE Seminoles of Florida State.
2k9 = an easy to remember number sequence / and the year I was considering creating this account.

Magnus_Phallus

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The boarding school I attended
had latin as part of the curriculum.
It had to be useful for something.

Basically, it’s woman in French. I just thought it sounded feminine and kind of cool. “I’m every woman...”

The woman, to be exact ;)

C'est une femme de légende, de raffinement, de grande beauté et d'émerveillement.

Tout cela et fumé chaud.

Excellent french except for that last part.
I presume you were trying to translate
“Smoking hot” but that says “smoked hot”
(and in the wrong gender)
That’s one of those expressions that
doesn’t lend itself well to translation.
Perhaps ravissante would’ve been right.

yes that boarding school is french
english is my second language.
Be forgiving :rolleyes:

Terrorvision

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, mine is stupidly obvious.
FSUnole2k9
FSU = florida state university(the best university known to man and one that I support/love/and watch (sports) religiously especially football, baseball, basketball)
Nole = short for Seminole as in THE Seminoles of Florida State.
2k9 = an easy to remember number sequence / and the year I was considering creating this account.

HA! I love how you broke all of that out! Coming up with names can be hard sometimes! Especially when ones you come up with are already taken.