Penis got markedly smaller and thinner in only a matter of months! WTF??

BifuriousJoel

Expert Member
Media
At first I thought it was a blood flow issue that made my erect penis look smaller, but now even when it's flaccid it looks tiny and super, super thin.

Also, in the last couple of months I've experienced a full range of penis related problems, from ED, to MAJOR loss of erogenous sensation to currently what appears to be balanitis.

I'm freaking the fuck out. What can be the cause of all of this happening at once??

Still a blood flow issue I think. Also it might be related to mental pressure.
Genital functions are always related to mental status. Undergoing anything bad?

Reactions: coolestguy
Still a blood flow issue I think.
But I don't think a blood flow issue could cause the flaccid dick to shrink. I mean, it could, yes, but it'd take years of very weak erections for the tissue to atrophy due to the lack of frequent engorgement. This happened in months.

Genital functions are always related to mental status. Undergoing anything bad?
Well, I quit taking antidepressants after 5 years and got hit with a major depressive episode back in the summer and a couple of weeks ago experienced a short but very strong bout of suicide ideation. So yeah, you could say so.

However, same thing. While depression can affect erection quality, I don't think it'd have an effect on the flaccid state to the extent that there's actual shrinkage.

I'm freaking the fuck out. What can be the cause of all of this happening at once??
Have you been taking Propecia for hair loss, or Proscar for BPH? Both contain finasteride, which can cause the extreme shrinkage and depression you mention.

Some people respond to antidepressants that way as well, which you said you had taken. A website dedicated to helping those with side effects like this from SSRIs or finasteride is :
Propeciahelp.com
Take a look, it may answer questions for you.

Personally, I reacted to Proscar and within 3 months my 8 inch cock shrank to 3 inches, and I was without erections for 5 years! I'm just experiencing some recovery now with occasional boners and some size recovery.

I hope this is of help. Jim

Reactions: Gj816
Have you been taking Propecia for hair loss, or Proscar for BPH? Both contain finasteride, which can cause the extreme shrinkage and depression you mention.

Some people respond to antidepressants that way as well, which you said you had taken. A website dedicated to helping those with side effects like this from SSRIs or finasteride is :
Propeciahelp.com
Take a look, it may answer questions for you.

Personally, I reacted to Proscar and within 3 months my 8 inch cock shrank to 3 inches, and I was without erections for 5 years! I'm just experiencing some recovery now with occasional boners and some size recovery.

I hope this is of help. Jim
No, nothing with finasteride. Jesus, I'm sorry, that's awful.

Obviously, this is a serious issue and of major concern to you. So I have to ask the obvious question: have you seen a doctor about these changes? If not, I'd say run, don't walk, to a good doctor and start doing something to solve the problem.

Obviously, this is a serious issue and of major concern to you. So I have to ask the obvious question: have you seen a doctor about these changes? If not, I'd say run, don't walk, to a good doctor and start doing something to solve the problem.
I saw my GP. He said that he believes it's the result of a balanitis that's making my foreskin too tight (I do have balanitis but I'm not convinced about that explanation), but he still had me do a testosterone test (came up low, at 313) and sent me for ultrasounds of prostate, testicles, etc. Next week I'm getting a prostate, urinary track and testicled ultrasound, but as for the penis ultrasound I'm wondering if maybe I should wait until the fungal infection that caused the balanitis goes away, for better results?

Well it's good that you are working on the problem from a medical perspective, I'm glad to hear that. I'm certainly not a doctor, but so many medical conditions are more successfully treated by acting sooner rather than later. I wouldn't recommend waiting for anything, unless a doctor advises you to.

I wish you the best of luck.

Well it's good that you are working on the problem from a medical perspective, I'm glad to hear that. I'm certainly not a doctor, but so many medical conditions are more successfully treated by acting sooner rather than later. I wouldn't recommend waiting for anything, unless a doctor advises you to.

I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks!