Perception

Black_Frost

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A long time ago, when the Internet was very different than it is, today, I posted as gender-anonymous to a newsgroup for several years. (No self-referenital gender pronouns, careful about word usage and other gender-identifying cues, &c.) I didn't do so because I was uncomfortable with my gender (I'm cisgendered male, and quite comfortable with that,) but because I'd noticed that people there used gender as a screening criterion to aid in dismissing other peoples' opinions and comments.

So, I'm curious: Assuming you notice differences in how people take you seriously, and whether they accept / dismiss the things you say -- and I do assume that. If I'm wrong I'd be interested to know it: What differences have you noticed, when presenting as female or male? And does it make any difference to whether people take you seriously and accept / dismiss the things you say, once they know you're a transperson?

MizzSummers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually havnt noticed a change. I am quick to deffiantely correct someone if they do assume something. And that never happened before as a guy. So I guess soemtimes guys assume I am an airhead or a bumbo ebcuase I am blonde an wear makeup.

For Instance when I go into liek gaming shops or tech shops the guy sales staff seem to think i am there purhcasing something for someone else. LOL.

On the phone i find i get away with more. Prior when i was a guy people were less likely to go the extra step, but when I get a male agent they like bend over backwards to appease me. I am jsut assuming its ebcuase I am friendly.

I dont really have amny issues about when people find out I am trans. I find the worste demographic to tell though are women, as they get gossipy, and assume its ok to tell everyone. And for me i dont care, but I know girls in the past that have had issues when they told women.