pole showers

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
While I have used communal showers I have never use the one that free standing pole showers. A buddy of mine told me these ae the worst for showering as guy are crowded together and you can't really move around when the room is fill to maximum capacity and don't even think of dropping the soap. Anyone else used these type of gang showers? what has your experience been. Is this really true?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
While I have used communal showers I have never use the one that free standing pole showers. A buddy of mine told me these ae the worst for showering as guy are crowded together and you can't really move around when the room is fill to maximum capacity and don't even think of dropping the soap. Anyone else used these type of gang showers? what has your experience been. Is this really true?

Are you talking about where there are 5 guys all standing in a circle looking at each other and there are several of these poles? I think the problem is that you are standing real close to the guys on either side of you.

Dropping the soap is just a joke.

Reactions: Sexromasex

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've used them a few times. (a) Yes, you can get accidentally elbowed if it happens to be crowded, and (b) no, I've never seen anything out of the ordinary happen in them...not even obvious gawking. Gays can be a very proper crowd.....

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The main issue with these is that there is NO possibility of privacy. At least with a regular gang shower you can face the wall if you don't want someone gawking at you.

I haven't seen a shower like this in years, though. I think the last time I used one was at a gym I belonged to from 1996 to 1998.

Steve

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We had those in college at the gym....(back before the towel/underwear trick was invented).

Even crazier- guys got hardons and...no one cared.

(damn I sound old suddenly)

:)

You bring up a good point: who the hell invented the towel/underwear trick? It oughta be outlawed.

Seriously, what's so traumatic about showing the world your cock for a moment? You'd think these guys were ashamed of what ought to be their favorite organs.

The pole showers are also called Bradley Showers. I have used them for over 20 years now, and I have never had a problem. Sometimes it can get busy in the shower room, but I've never had a problem as everyone is respectful of each other's personal space. I prefer Bradley showers to the shower heads on the wall. I find with those showers that you have even less space than with a Bradley shower. Erections aren't a problem for me. I learned a long time ago to control them. If I did get one, I really don't think anyone would care. We're all guys, so we all understand that unwanted erections happen. As long as you're not doing anything to encourage it, no one will care. Personally I also like it better when the shower room is full. Guys are quite chatty and friendly (nothing sexual) when they are showering together. I have had some pretty awesome conversations with other guys in the shower over the years. The remark of "don't drop the soap" is an old joke. I have dropped the soap many times over the years, and no one has ever tried to mount me.

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had them in high school, thanks for bringing back that painful memory.

Last time I saw them was in a coed dorm - seriously! Not my dorm, but a buddies. Was brushing my teeth once and this cute blonde just walked into the showers behind me. I would have made some type of cool response but I was too busy coughing up toothpaste.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
are those the ones where all the guys get nekid and dance around the pole like a britney spears video?...........and people thought the puritans were up tight.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We had those in college at the gym....(back before the towel/underwear trick was invented).

Even crazier- guys got hardons and...no one cared.

(damn I sound old suddenly)

:)

I've only seen the ones on the wall. But isn't a communal shower so much better than those nasty tiny cubicles? Who knows what people do in them or when was the last time it's been washed or dried out proper?

I can't imagine anything being wrong with pole showers, especially if they aren't always full, so as to have a gap in between the ones in use.

No, aren't you revealing much more how dumbed-down these government monopoly schools have become, and not so much your age? A world where you can't briefly get naked to bathe, just isn't quite right.

And whatever happened to men being men? Shouldn't all men have a bit of a minor "initiation?" Say like getting to show off their bodies briefly in a crowd of similarly exposed same-sex people? Never any funny-business going on, not even boyish towel-slapping. With no privacy, the occasional hard-on is understandable, no big deal. We overlook it out of respect? Sure, privacy is nice, AT HOME. But in a growing world of some 7 billion people, surely some communal showers are more population-efficient.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ya know, I wish it was still like that. Not to sound pervy, but I'm terrified to no extent to take showers and get one!

Uh, isn't that why most reasonably polite guys wouldn't make any fuss about it? No, one is not the center of attention, like how they may feel, but the other guys hope theirs wasn't spotted the other day or tomorrow?

Of course, when a guy gets married and can't get it up, when it comes babymaking time, isn't that even worse? So it's good for a penis to be highly functional, especially more under control and on cue if possible.

And most guys soon get used to the feeling of public nakedness and tend to keep their dicks at least somewhat under control, even with the water running plenty hot.

Reactions: Fotographer001

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i like the pole showers, but i'm not shy either so maybe shy guys don't. I've never used a shower room with pole showers that was so full there were 5 guys at EVERY pole, usually there are 2-3 guys at any pole and there's plenty of room between arms and other appendages so it's not like a big orgy.

and from a construction standpoint they're ALOT cheaper to install and maintain than the showers that have to be built into the wall with individual piping and fixtures.

Last edited:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
i like the pole showers, but i'm not shy either so maybe shy guys don't. I've never used a shower room witn pole showers that was so full there were 5 guys at EVERY pole, usually there are 2-3 guys at any pole and there's plenty of room between arms and other appendages so it's not like a big orgy.

and from a construction standpoint they're ALOT cheaper to install and maintain than the showers that have to be built into the wall with individual piping and fixtures.

Such a practical man. I like that!
:smile:

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
we had pole showers in college. it was rare to have more than one guy showering at each pole at the same time - the showers never seemed to be all that crowded. if you are with a buddy, showering at the same pole is no big deal (kinda fun actually). might be a little uncomfortable showering with a stranger at the same pole.