pole showers

bobmackdaddy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
We have a city rec center and they have a shower room in the men's locker room and thankfully family rooms completely separate. The shower room is completely visible from the locker area and I've been shocked by how many people openly stare at it while getting dressed/undressed. While they're staring at the room, I'm staring at them openly staring at the room LOL. I play basketball and pickleball there and sometimes get to see some of the guys showering afterwards. It's disappointing how many men will even in winter come dressed ready to play just to avoid changing/showering. It's so fun to banter about the game afterwards before we go eat lunch. I tend to keep my eyes up 99% of the time but still enjoy the sense that there are fewer barriers between all of us.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thinking back, growing up in a relatively new suburb, I don't think I experienced anything BUT pole showers. Pole showers at the 3 community pools where I learned to swim, and at the new YMCA that my family belonged to. And pole showers at my high school, and at both colleges that I attended. I guess I was lucky!

That said, I was very self-conscious about NOT getting an erection while in them, even though I wanted to. Later at the University, I wasn't worried about it, because at the time, the shower room and sauna were rather "cruisy". I have many great memories of my experiences with that!

A/B

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've never experienced a pole shower or teams showering. Do guys avert their eyes or does it just become "here it is or there it is, look all you want"?
I’ve noticed beyond a doubt that all guys straight, bi, or gay glance down at another guy’s package during a shower or especially say when a new guy enters the shower room. It’s not staring but a look like how u would to see if a guy is built or not above the waist. It’s innocent and normal comparing. Otherwise, the nudity is what it is. It feels 100% normal.

No weird feelings and yes, guys pop boners occasionally, but no one cares.In fact the first time at my college when it happened the guy next to me noticed and I said sorry being so embarrassed. He responded nonchalantly, ‘Dude it happens to all of us.’

gohara

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I remember in high school we didn’t even shower because we were all so scared to. Luckily we never worked up much of a sweat in the phys Ed I was in. And I was the one gay kid in a small school in this gym class so I was terrified to get caught even looking around when we were changing into our gym clothes.

222username222

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if you opened a gym today with pole showers, would most guys run a mile?? I feel like you'd def attract a certain crowd who would love to join the gym just for the showers lol

if it was pole showers, then yes, I think a lot of lads wouldn’t be keen. Standard open showers I don’t think they’d mind so much. Especially if the rest of the gym was top quality.

Nessie1977

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My high school had those type of showers. Similar to many of the comments already posted, it caused a lot of stress for many. Yet it did makr it easy to quickly check out the others. I wonder why schools would do chose those when they know its an awkward point in life. They must have been cheap.

D

deleted12590281

Back in my former football club we had those pole showers. The building, facilities and the gym were so old and outdated - and so was the changing rooms and the shower area.

The only benefit with the pole showers was that I could easily face the other guys with the front to them. Standing so close to each other and me having a such a big dick soft, and not being afraid to show it off, certainly attracted a lot of teammates to "my" pole. I was always one of the first into the showers, and I always chose the same pole, just in the center of it all.