• Total voters

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This week's question of the week.... What Sexuality Are You?

I know this isn't easy for everyone to answer. Happy to turn this into a discussion as well :)

In case any of you are unsure of the terms. Here are some definitions for each.

Heterosexual

A.K.A, straight. We all know this one — It’s the most “accepted” form of sexuality. Hetero means “other” or “different,” so it classifies those who feel attraction to a sex different from their own.

Homosexual

Homo means “same,” so homosexual means liking someone of the same sex. This is probably the second most well-known orientation. Gay and lesbian people generally fit into this category.

Bisexual

Bi means “two” and bisexual individuals feel attraction to those of both the same and different sex or gender. They are attracted to both females and males. Just because a man has only had relationships with women does not negate the attraction he may have to other men. Bisexual people are commonly erased in society because they don't fit into an either-or category. They are not 50% gay and 50% straight; they are bisexual.

Pansexual

Pan means “all,” so pansexual people are attracted to all genders. It’s similar to bisexual in that pansexual individuals are attracted to more than one gender; however, they can feel attraction to male, female, intersexual, gender-queer, transsexual and other gender identities. For people who identify as pansexual, gender is not a limiting factor in attraction because they are attracted to people of any sex or gender. The term “pansexual” is often used interchangeably with “omnisexual.”

Queer

Queer is a very ambiguous word. It has many different definitions and uses, but here I will try to define it as simply as possible. Basically, a queer person does not conform to traditional gender or sexuality norms.

Asexual

Asexual people experience no or little sexual attraction. Asexual individuals can, however, feel a romantic and emotional attraction to someone. Many (but not all) asexual people can experience arousal, but it is not directed at anyone in particular. They can still engage in sexual activity and go on to have successful and meaningful relationships while not feeling sexual attraction to their partner.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Recently, over the past several years I've come to realize that I'm Pan.

Used to identify as bisexual, but found out that that's not entirely accurate.

I always was, just didn't know exactly what it was and never encountered a non-binary person to whom I was sexually attracted.

That has changed, and I've learned about myself.

I'm hetero,a this includes my definite attraction to very fem trans women.

When I first started on this site I had my profile 80%straight and 20%gay, but thanks to conversations here recognizing trans women as women (no need for the trans label), it was recommended I change my profile to 100% straight.

I know there's a broad spectrum to cover, but this is where I am as far as understanding myself and my attractions.

Triasco

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I haven't voted yet, and I'm not quite sure that I will. Honestly, although I've used bisexual, pansexual, and demisexual in the past, I've moved past the point of caring about a label to encapsulate or define my sexuality at the present time. I simply like who I like.

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bisexual

Bisexual people are commonly erased in society because they don't fit into an either-or category. They are not 50% gay and 50% straight; they are bisexual..

Well this is rather awkward, considering that this is exactly how the site makes us represent our sexuality - in percentages of gay and straight.

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I just copied and pasted those definitions
I’m not necessarily complaining or even upset, I’m just amused and felt like the irony was too good to pass up pointing out :p

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As fucked up as humanity is right now, at least it’s nice to know that we are starting to acknowledge and discuss issues of orientation/ gender/ identification etc. in ways which go beyond the limited and misleading terminology of the past.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For simplicity, I always choose bisexual on these polls. I do not identify as bisexual, however. I identify as heteroflexible. I always feel like if the word bisexual doesn't actually imply an even split of attraction, it is certainly inferred by many. I am almost exclusively attracted to men for sex, living companions/housemates, and romantic entanglements.

I'm not attracted to most women, even if I can see they are attractive. I also have no desire to ever pursue a romantic relationship with a woman, or anyone else who isn't biologically male, and happy about it. I'm just not wired that way. I only like living with men, too.

I can suck it up, and make living with women work for a while, but eventually I become extremely territorial about my living space, and I want the other woman or women to leave. And if they mess with my kitchen or crafting space, I will (internally) freak all the way out.

I love having friends. I will befriend anyone without regard for their sexual or gender identity. But I can't see fucking most other people, and when I am interested, he is almost always a guy. I have had crushes on women, but not in the same way I crush on dudes. Crushing on a dude, I want to become his life partner. Crushing on a woman, I just want her to become my sister. I want to show her how very special she is to me, and get her to let me love her, but I want to love her like a sister.

So. I voted bisexual. But I personally identify as heteroflexible.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gay. I've considered queer in the past but I'm personally not the biggest fan of reclaiming slurs. Also my personal tastes are fairly binary, I love men (cis and trans ones for that matter). So gay is the clear choice for me.