Post What's For Dinner (with Photos)

T

T_Lurch

Show something yummy you had recently, with pics if you can.

I'll start with mine. Over the weekend I had beef bulgogi:

20210307_173047.jpg

Before: ready to go. I thinly sliced ribeye and marinated it in gochujang, soy sauce, garlic, and pureed Asian pear overnight, with sides

20210307_180111.jpg

Clockwise from top: ponzu sauce, potstickers, jasmine rice, bulgogi beef, and radish kimchi

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Ok, don't judge. Really, DON'T JUDGE. I normally do a 1200kcal diet. There are cheat days or cheat weekends. This was one of those weekends. And, well, we did it right.

received_200161015224013.jpeg

This glorious monstrosity is something called Cheeseburger Fries. It's fries topped with the following items - cheese sauce, Cheddar cheese sprinkle, bacon, ketchup, mustard, sautéed onions, ranch and a chopped up burger patty with sweet pickles on the side.

It is gluttony in a box. It will hurt the system. It will destroy the tummy. But OH-MY-FUCKING-GOD-IT'S-GLORIOUS.

So, yeah. It's not pretty, it's not healthy, but sweet hell is it a delight when you just want to be a glutton.

T

T_Lurch

Ok, don't judge. Really, DON'T JUDGE. I normally do a 1200kcal diet. There are cheat days or cheat weekends. This was one of those weekends. And, well, we did it right.

View attachment 31035571

This glorious monstrosity is something called Cheeseburger Fries. It's fries topped with the following items - cheese sauce, Cheddar cheese sprinkle, bacon, ketchup, mustard, sautéed onions, ranch and a chopped up burger patty with sweet pickles on the side.

It is gluttony in a box. It will hurt the system. It will destroy the tummy. But OH-MY-FUCKING-GOD-IT'S-GLORIOUS.

So, yeah. It's not pretty, it's not healthy, but sweet hell is it a delight when you just want to be a glutton.
Wellllllll....if you gotta fall off the calorie counting wagon, that's a yummy looking way to do it!:yum

Nothing wrong with splurging now and then.... I'm not judging.

Reactions: Mittimer

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Wellllllll....if you gotta fall off the calorie counting wagon, that's a yummy looking way to do it!:yum

Nothing wrong with splurging now and then.... I'm not judging.
I'm overall 60lbs down from the start, 35+ since quarantine started up. I allow myself these horrid splurge days so I don't feel like I'm denying myself the things I want. It's been a success.

Reactions: T_Lurch
T

T_Lurch

I'm overall 60lbs down from the start, 35+ since quarantine started up. I allow myself these horrid splurge days so I don't feel like I'm denying myself the things I want. It's been a success.
The sequestering of some people has been hard on many. When you factor in the holidays, a lot of people have put on weight.

Even though where I live, there's no shortage of bicyclists and joggers out. And the bars and restaurants are as full as ever. I don't get that last one; I always get takeout. It might not be as social but it's a hell of a lot safer!

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The sequestering of some people has been hard on many. When you factor in the holidays, a lot of people have put on weight.

Even though where I live, there's no shortage of bicyclists and joggers out. And the bars and restaurants are as full as ever. I don't get that last one; I always get takeout. It might not be as social but it's a hell of a lot safer!

Yeah, I'm in FL so the bars and such have been at capacity essentially the entire time.

Take out only for us, pick up curbside and take home. Glad you're staying safe too. ♥️

The holidays weren't terrible to me weight wise but I gained and lost that in a few weeks.

Reactions: T_Lurch
T

T_Lurch

Yeah, I'm in FL so the bars and such have been at capacity essentially the entire time.

Take out only for us, pick up curbside and take home. Glad you're staying safe too. ♥️

The holidays weren't terrible to me weight wise but I gained and lost that in a few weeks.
Generally because it's expensive to eat out a lot, and the risks greater, we've been cooking a lot and trying to emulate restaurant food (but not fast food) with varying degrees of success.

The pandemic has seen my cooking skills increase greatly. I've gotten to where I enjoy cooking. Used to be I couldn't even boil water without screwing it up. Plus, I love trying exotic recipes.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Generally because it's expensive to eat out a lot, and the risks greater, we've been cooking a lot and trying to emulate restaurant food (but not fast food) with varying degrees of success.

The pandemic has seen my cooking skills increase greatly. I've gotten to where I enjoy cooking. Used to be I couldn't even boil water without screwing it up. Plus, I love trying exotic recipes.
Oh yes, we cook a tooon too. Bought an extra freezer so we could cook more. I went to culinary school, he loves helping in the kitchen and we're both adventurous with cooking.

Plus, I'm a baker. No bread on the shelves ? Cool cool, I'll have a few loaves in a few hours. Kthx crazy people. :p

If you ever want to exchange recipes, just send a message. I love sharing mine, ones we've made and loved or just all the sweets you could ever want.

I just meal prepped a black bean and turkey chili for the next few days. I look forward to it more than I likely should, but it's cool outside and I love it. I'll post a photo when I actually put it in a bowl to eat.

Reactions: LaFemme and T_Lurch
T

T_Lurch

Oh yes, we cook a tooon too. Bought an extra freezer so we could cook more. I went to culinary school, he loves helping in the kitchen and we're both adventurous with cooking.

Plus, I'm a baker. No bread on the shelves ? Cool cool, I'll have a few loaves in a few hours. Kthx crazy people. :p

If you ever want to exchange recipes, just send a message. I love sharing mine, ones we've made and loved or just all the sweets you could ever want.

I just meal prepped a black bean and turkey chili for the next few days. I look forward to it more than I likely should, but it's cool outside and I love it. I'll post a photo when I actually put it in a bowl to eat.
That sounds pretty heavenly! There's a chicken satay recipe I'm going to try grilling this weekend. Might have to share that one....

We bought an extra freezer ourselves, though we did it mainly to stockpile meat and frozen foods every several months. Costs more at the moment, but the stuff lasts for the better part of a year since it's only the two of us.

Cooking is something I've kind of overlooked most of my life and recently I've come to enjoy it. There's an art and alchemy to putting together good food.

T

T_Lurch

Ramen fried chicken. Wife found the recipe from a Korean cook and I thought it looked amazing. Made it this morning. You take a packet of ramen noodles and smash em up with a mallet. Then combine it with egg, minced garlic, potato starch, and the ramen spice packet. Drop the chicken pieces in. The results are pretty squishy and somewhat suspect looking:
20210309_195846.jpg

But then you fill a wok with hot oil and fry them up and you get this:
20210309_195643.jpg

Crunchy and has a little kick.

T

T_Lurch

Satay chicken skewers.
Before the grill:
20210313_171023.jpg

And after:
20210313_174914.jpg

Satay skewers with peanut dipping sauce (which came out a bit chunky, and not very aesthetically pleasing, but still yummy), Thai cucumber salad, fries, and MickeyLee's gochujang dipping sauce (special thanks to @MickeyLee. This sauce was kickass and is now one of my go-to condiments).

T

T_Lurch

Yea...I would do terrible things for a lifetime supply of the stuff
It sounds delicious. It's BBQ sauce....it's gochujang. What's not to like?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the stuff next time I'm at the store.

Reactions: MickeyLee

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh shoots, I just saw this thread, so I don't have any pics. But I just drove two days to my parents from Florida to Texas with a stopover in Louisiana. I was treated to a crawfish boil that was absolutely awesome! Then when I made it to my parents Dad has a brisket that had been smoking for 12 hours! It's been an eating contest!

Sorry for no pics, but I didn't want anyone to be envious.

T

T_Lurch

Oh shoots, I just saw this thread, so I don't have any pics. But I just drove two days to my parents from Florida to Texas with a stopover in Louisiana. I was treated to a crawfish boil that was absolutely awesome! Then when I made it to my parents Dad has a brisket that had been smoking for 12 hours! It's been an eating contest!

Sorry for no pics, but I didn't want anyone to be envious.
Pics aren't mandatory, they just help whet the appetite!:yum

Never had crawfish, though it's on my list of things to try. Brisket is amazing when done right. Nothing like it. The first few attempts I made, it came out dry, tough and leathery, but eventually I got it right.

T

T_Lurch

Amazon sells it for about 3.99 a bottle, way cheaper than the stores around here.
If I'm unable to find it near me, I'll likely use Amazon. I'm wondering how some of that gochujang BBQ sauce would be on ribs the next time I fire up the smoker....

Btw.....that mix you recommended....delicious. I'm gonna have to keep some in a squirt bottle in my refrigerator next to the Thai ketchup. Pure goodness.

Reactions: MickeyLee

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pics aren't mandatory, they just help whet the appetite!:yum

Never had crawfish, though it's on my list of things to try. Brisket is amazing when done right. Nothing like it. The first few attempts I made, it came out dry, tough and leathery, but eventually I got it right.

The crawfish were cooked by an old Cajun friend. They were absolutely perfect, but he let me in on a little secret. Crawfish have hardly any flavor. I did not know that. They take on the flavor of whatever they're cooked in. And the seasoning was spot on! I think he's done this before a time or two.

My Dad smoked the brisket, and I know he's done that a time or two! His smoked is probably 50 years old. I know it's older than me because it's always been around.

Sadly, I'm leaving tomorrow, but I have a stopover in New Orleans, so we'll see what dinner awaits there!

Reactions: LaFemme and T_Lurch