Pro tennis players

rgncajun

Legendary Member
Media
Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I personally don’t care about humility. It’s sports. Bragging and rivalry make the game fun and intense, and tennis could use more fun. Novak’s messiness extends beyond that. But we’ve already broken this down and can move on now.

meh

johnjohnston

Superior Member
Media
I’m rather over it. I wasn’t even that into before. I just wanted to make it clear that I didn’t feel “bad” about his Olympic results for a multitude of legitimate reasons. But I’m not interested in trying to turn Novak into a villain or trying to get folks to un-stan him. It’s just that his supporters need to stop pretending that there aren’t legit reasons he’s still not widely loved.

Reactions: Nyree and Putijorge

aaronvasser123

Superior Member
Media
I’m rather over it. I wasn’t even that into before. I just wanted to make it clear that I didn’t feel “bad” about his Olympic results for a multitude of legitimate reasons. But I’m not interested in trying to turn Novak into a villain or trying to get folks to un-stan him. It’s just that his supporters need to stop pretending that there aren’t legit reasons he’s still not widely loved.
He has faults, but he isn't disliked because he throws rackets. Most of the ATP tour would be hated if that was the case. Most of the people who dislike him is because they are Rafa or Roger fans, or the Brits because he refused their offer to buy him, and they all just use that as an excuse to get other people on the hate train. In the end he is more humble in defeat than both Roger and Rafa. He would never pull a stunt like Roger with that pathetic Rolex advert, and he would never refuse to give his opponents the right to serve at their pace the way Rafa does in every match. Anything negative that he does is never aimed at anyone else but just his frustration at himself. It's not good, but it doesn't warrant the amount of attention and hate it is getting. And he certainly wouldn't publicly call-out one of the other Big 3 in the way Rafa did this week. He would have the respect to approach them privately to discuss it and give his opinion if he even went as far as judging them in the first place. Also, people need to stop comparing him and his mentality to the likes of Roger. He did not grow up in a rich country like Switzerland where everything was handed to him, he grew up in a war torn country and had to dig himself out of that to become the greatest player of all time. He naturally handles tough situations differently because he sees the world differently. Those who criticise him should maybe hold themselves to such a high standard. End of rant!

its_glenn

Loved Member
Media
He has faults, but he isn't disliked because he throws rackets. Most of the ATP tour would be hated if that was the case. Most of the people who dislike him is because they are Rafa or Roger fans, or the Brits because he refused their offer to buy him, and they all just use that as an excuse to get other people on the hate train. In the end he is more humble in defeat than both Roger and Rafa. He would never pull a stunt like Roger with that pathetic Rolex advert, and he would never refuse to give his opponents the right to serve at their pace the way Rafa does in every match. Anything negative that he does is never aimed at anyone else but just his frustration at himself. It's not good, but it doesn't warrant the amount of attention and hate it is getting. And he certainly wouldn't publicly call-out one of the other Big 3 in the way Rafa did this week. He would have the respect to approach them privately to discuss it and give his opinion if he even went as far as judging them in the first place. Also, people need to stop comparing him and his mentality to the likes of Roger. He did not grow up in a rich country like Switzerland where everything was handed to him, he grew up in a war torn country and had to dig himself out of that to become the greatest player of all time. He naturally handles tough situations differently because he sees the world differently. Those who criticise him should maybe hold themselves to such a high standard. End of rant!
Deluded much...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick him out of bed, but it's ridiculous to turn a blind eye to his obvious consistently poor behaviour which is unbecoming of a world number 1.

lericcson420

Superior Member
Media
Deluded much...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick him out of bed, but it's ridiculous to turn a blind eye to his obvious consistently poor behaviour which is unbecoming of a world number 1.
I don't even care for the men's side of the sport to be called a fan of anyone but apparently my own disgust with his behavior is because I'm a rafa or Fed fan (or I'm British, which I'm not). Really low IQ argument and kinda funny. Claiming bias against other people when you seem to be portraying your own bias.

He hasn't displayed behavior like Shapopalov or Fognini but his outbursts are shit. I'm fine with the slamming of rackets. However, he's had two disgraceful outbursts against Carreno Busta that go beyond that. Also, there are other reasons not to like him as we've seen with regards to the Pandemic.

aaronvasser123

Superior Member
Media
I don't even care for the men's side of the sport to be called a fan of anyone but apparently my own disgust with his behavior is because I'm a rafa or Fed fan (or I'm British, which I'm not). Really low IQ argument and kinda funny. Claiming bias against other people when you seem to be portraying your own bias.

He hasn't displayed behavior like Shapopalov or Fognini but his outbursts are shit. I'm fine with the slamming of rackets. However, he's had two disgraceful outbursts against Carreno Busta that go beyond that. Also, there are other reasons not to like him as we've seen with regards to the Pandemic.
Reread the part where I said 'most' and not 'every'.

J Kang

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think people are on Novak’s case because of What he can potentially achieve, which is most grand slams ever. And now with FEDAL’s bodies starting to wear, it’s looking pretty good for Djoker so now the pressure is on. I think professional athletes should always be held accountable for anything they do on court/what they say to the media because it’s apart of their duty (JOB) being in the world of pro sports. I think Novak handles himself well nonetheless.

Reactions: fellatio4ever