Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorry if a similar question has ever been brought up before, but a few years back the wife was diagnosed with pelvic prolapse and the GYN recommended she do Kegel exercises, but it really hasn't made a difference, at least not by doing them by muscle control alone. So I was thinking of buying a product similar to this:

61%2BUCBlYE1L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

But I'm not sure if these would actually help either or just be a waste of money.

So first off, has anyone had an experience with such products (obviously doesn't have to be the same one pictured) or have knowledge of them and did they work? If not, is there any other things or methods you might recommend that might work?

Second, I admit that perhaps I just don't understand the science (or maybe just the female body :blush:) all that well when it comes to Kegels, but how exactly are these supposed to work. Not only do they seem quite large but since they call them "dilators" it sounds counterintuitive to something meant to tighten the vagina or pelvic muscles that it would seem you would want to constrict :confused:. To be honest they look more like something to masturbate with then addressing a medical condition.

Anyway I hope my very first post in AAW doesn't seem that stupid or obvious as I do try to bring some actual respectful and thought provoking questions beyond the usual ones about dick size that has been asked a thousand times.

Reactions: ArtAppreciation

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No firsthand recommendation, but I've seen ads for Perifit that look interesting:
Prevent and reduce prolapse without surgery

Even though her GYN brought it up she definitely has concluded surgery is not an option since the issue isn't life threatening. She's really not enthused about the idea of a pessary device either, so that's why we were looking for alternatives maybe less medically oriented. She might like this since she's always on her phone anyway. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: 286798

DeChatte88

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I had a hysterectomy a few years back and had to go through intense therapy afterwards. My PT highly recommended the K-Goal to use at home. So I purchased one and was extremely happy. It connects to app on phone so tracks progress and gives you goals and “games’” to play to challenge you.

Sorry if a similar question has ever been brought up before, but a few years back the wife was diagnosed with pelvic prolapse and the GYN recommended she do Kegel exercises, but it really hasn't made a difference, at least not by doing them by muscle control alone. So I was thinking of buying a product similar to this:

61%2BUCBlYE1L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

But I'm not sure if these would actually help either or just be a waste of money.

So first off, has anyone had an experience with such products (obviously doesn't have to be the same one pictured) or have knowledge of them and did they work? If not, is there any other things or methods you might recommend that might work?

Second, I admit that perhaps I just don't understand the science (or maybe just the female body :blush:) all that well when it comes to Kegels, but how exactly are these supposed to work. Not only do they seem quite large but since they call them "dilators" it sounds counterintuitive to something meant to tighten the vagina or pelvic muscles that it would seem you would want to constrict :confused:. To be honest they look more like something to masturbate with then addressing a medical condition.

Anyway I hope my very first post in AAW doesn't seem that stupid or obvious as I do try to bring some actual respectful and thought provoking questions beyond the usual ones about dick size that has been asked a thousand times.

Reactions: Motion-of-the-Ocean

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had a hysterectomy a few years back and had to go through intense therapy afterwards. My PT highly recommended the K-Goal to use at home. So I purchased one and was extremely happy. It connects to app on phone so tracks progress and gives you goals and “games’” to play to challenge you.

Yet another suggestion that will keep her on her phone more. At least I know she will use this things if I spring for them :D. Thanks for your response.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yoni Yoga modified for post-prolapse. Modified to prevent pressure on the pelvic floor while strengthening the pf, with a focus on strengthening or relaxing specific groups of muscles.

From my mind/body pals most of the exercises that really help do not involve inserting much into the vagina. The muscle women need to tone are part of a hammock of tissue that supports the pelvic organs. Clickie of anatomical interest. Second Clickie of interest. Fingers or dilators make it easier to feel the muscles contracting properly, they also help stretch the smooth muscle fibers of the pelvic floor that surround the vagina.

Above said. I found a smart pelvic toner that lets a person play Flappy Bird with whohaa clinches.

ArtAppreciation

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Has your wife tried seeing a pelvic floor physiotherapist? They might be able to offer more specialized help than the obgyn.

IMHO, if inclined, she’s better off saving money and YouTube self-educating on the subject. :) A finger is all one really needs-that and the muscles used to start and stop the flow of urine.

Not some fancy purple 4 inch whatchamacallit :) (like ML said, it’s easier to feel muscle contractions with a finger)

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Has your wife tried seeing a pelvic floor physiotherapist? They might be able to offer more specialized help than the obgyn.

IMHO, if inclined, she’s better off saving money and YouTube self-educating on the subject. :) A finger is all one really needs-that and the muscles used to start and stop the flow of urine.

Not some fancy purple 4 inch whatchamacallit :) (like ML said, it’s easier to feel muscle contractions with a finger)

To answer your question, no she hasn't. In fact I had to look up just what that was...seems there's nothing considered too specialized anymore apparently. Doubt there would be such an uncommon practice available where we're at and doubly sure insurance would not cover it, but appreciate the suggestion just the same.

Reactions: ArtAppreciation

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
To answer your question, no she hasn't. In fact I had to look up just what that was...seems there's nothing considered too specialized anymore apparently. Doubt there would be such an uncommon practice available where we're at and doubly sure insurance would not cover it, but appreciate the suggestion just the same.

I found some in Denver for a client.
Several, in fact. As they are legitimate PTs, they were covered by the client’s paltry insurance.

Also,

Last edited:

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't have any specific issues like pelvic prolapse, but kegels and Yoni eggs have worked for me to keep things tight. The small ones are actually the "advanced" version ;)

0004519703_10.jpg

The kGoal looks interesting :blush: