Racism? Or Simply Preference? Who Is Right Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gragasa

Expert Member
Media
Just wanted to let you know that the part I bolden and underlined in your post has been discussed on this thread. If you read farther into the thread you’ll find it. I think you’ll like the deep discussion part of it.

Thanks for letting me know! There's definitely so much nuance when it comes to this topic. I especially liked the posts from #79-81 on this

wronskjan

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is not racism.
Racism by definition id belief that domeny race od superior over others. And threat autor is just more attracted by white man. It is his subiective feeling. If you are more attracted by woman does it mean that you discrimiate man? It you are more attracted by tall guys does it mean that you discriminate short guys? If you are size queen and most important is huge cock does it mean that you discriminate small cock guys?

Fuerte21cm

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
here is the amount of fucks I can give if someone is not into me because of my race or ethnicity: 0

here is the amount of fucks you should give if someone is not into because of your race or ethnicity: 0

I am Hispanic (Black/White and Native America). I consider to be Afro Latino. I am more attracted to Black or Afro Latino men.

I see too many Black, Hispanic, and Asian men who prefer White guys over their own race or ethnicity and get angry when the White guys does not like them back. That is the real problem.

Lord_of_Goon

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
For racists and white supremacists y’all spend an awful lot of time talking about/pondering/obsessing and mocking black people
You are hilarious. Liberal media got you in their claws real good.

Reactions: Heavyhitter111

tsfan1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Why do u americans always talk about liberal and conservative? So liberals are for blm gay rights and trans rights and conservatives think blm is bullshit gays shouldnt marry and trans people are crazy?

Lowkey_Lokii

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
here is the amount of fucks I can give if someone is not into me because of my race or ethnicity: 0

here is the amount of fucks you should give if someone is not into because of your race or ethnicity: 0

I am Hispanic (Black/White and Native America). I consider to be Afro Latino. I am more attracted to Black or Afro Latino men.

I see too many Black, Hispanic, and Asian men who prefer White guys over their own race or ethnicity and get angry when the White guys does not like them back. That is the real problem.
I don’t pay attention to the media nor do I rely on affirmations of people who agree with my opinions.

you shouldn’t date people because of their race dingbat

Lord_of_Goon

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don’t pay attention to the media nor do I rely on affirmations of people who agree with my opinions.

you shouldn’t date people because of their race dingbat
I don’t. I’m explaining my preferences.

bravesoldier

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Preference COULD equate racism but NOT necessarily so. Just because racism exists DOES NOT mean a preference automatically means such. I agree with another's post that the liberal, mainstream media and it's hair splitting, molecule splitting definitions of racism have ruined America. To those who want, go on living that way if you choose, you'll never have another minute's peace. Just remember, all of the unrest in America in my opinion has been enticed for the ultimate downfall of the country. Go along with it if you wish, but I choose not.

Just my opinion, to each his own.

D

deleted464787

Preference COULD equate racism but NOT necessarily so. Just because racism exists DOES NOT mean a preference automatically means such. I agree with another's post that the liberal, mainstream media and it's hair splitting, molecule splitting definitions of racism have ruined America. To those who want, go on living that way if you choose, you'll never have another minute's peace. Just remember, all of the unrest in America in my opinion has been enticed for the ultimate downfall of the country. Go along with it if you wish, but I choose not.

Just my opinion, to each his own.

I know that what Im about to say is pretty controversial...and let me preface this by saying: Let me be clear--I dont want anything tragic or horrible to happen to America... BUT....

America KINDA needs a great tragedy to befall it, in my opinion. I know that sounds really stupid to say, but hear me out.

For those of you who are old enough, remember when 9/11 happened? For a day or so, there was that brief moment of shock--how could this happen? But then, when we woke up the next day, the whole country was so united. Sure we were angry, and sad--but when we have a common enemy, and when we're all grieving together, all of our INTERNAL problems just seem to be put on the sidelines for a little bit. Theres no more black vs white. Theres no more democrat vs republican. Theres no more gay vs straight, no more militant feminists vs toxic masculinity. Theres just a country of people who all shared something in common, with 1 goal in mind.

I remember seeing people who normally hated each other had something civil to discuss. And for a long period, hot button issues like that just didnt seem to matter anymore. Then again... any racism at that time was probably mostly focused on people of middle eastern descent--which is obviously not fair either--Im not sure why people cant understand the difference between a radical terrorist group and a peaceful Muslim going into a mosque to pray. But I digress...

You get the point though... when something horrible happens, like say... a war, America TRULY becomes united, and that seems to be when were generally the strongest people out there. Just goes to show you, that when theres really nothing huge going on in the world (because lets face it, the past couple presidential terms have actually been quite peaceful compared to terms several generations ago) we seem to destroy ourselves from the inside.

Anyone who wants to bring down America should probably just leave us alone, and we'll end up doing their bidding for them, lol.

Reactions: hypolimnas

bravesoldier

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know that what Im about to say is pretty controversial...and let me preface this by saying: Let me be clear--I dont want anything tragic or horrible to happen to America... BUT....

America KINDA needs a great tragedy to befall it, in my opinion. I know that sounds really stupid to say, but hear me out.

For those of you who are old enough, remember when 9/11 happened? For a day or so, there was that brief moment of shock--how could this happen? But then, when we woke up the next day, the whole country was so united. Sure we were angry, and sad--but when we have a common enemy, and when we're all grieving together, all of our INTERNAL problems just seem to be put on the sidelines for a little bit. Theres no more black vs white. Theres no more democrat vs republican. Theres no more gay vs straight, no more militant feminists vs toxic masculinity. Theres just a country of people who all shared something in common, with 1 goal in mind.

I remember seeing people who normally hated each other had something civil to discuss. And for a long period, hot button issues like that just didnt seem to matter anymore. Then again... any racism at that time was probably mostly focused on people of middle eastern descent--which is obviously not fair either--Im not sure why people cant understand the difference between a radical terrorist group and a peaceful Muslim going into a mosque to pray. But I digress...

You get the point though... when something horrible happens, like say... a war, America TRULY becomes united, and that seems to be when were generally the strongest people out there. Just goes to show you, that when theres really nothing huge going on in the world (because lets face it, the past couple presidential terms have actually been quite peaceful compared to terms several generations ago) we seem to destroy ourselves from the inside.

Anyone who wants to bring down America should probably just leave us alone, and we'll end up doing their bidding for them, lol.

I agree with you and I too don't WANT anything bad to happen to the country I love.

BUT.. because of so many things going on it is going to take something DRASTIC to bring America to its knees and put the BULLSHIT aside and out of the picture. Don't get me wrong, everything is not bullshit but MUCH of it is.

As one person said many times on FB, even though they hated 9/11, they LOVED 9/12! After Hurricane Katrina was the same thing. THAT is what America is!

People we better come to our senses and come back to the old America.

tsfan1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I agree with you and I too don't WANT anything bad to happen to the country I love.

BUT.. because of so many things going on it is going to take something DRASTIC to bring America to its knees and put the BULLSHIT aside and out of the picture. Don't get me wrong, everything is not bullshit but MUCH of it is.

As one person said many times on FB, even though they hated 9/11, they LOVED 9/12! After Hurricane Katrina was the same thing. THAT is what America is!

People we better come to our senses and come back to the old America.

A lot is racism and a lot isnt.....

What are you saying exactly? What s ur message?

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have never used my race in my dating profile. If it’s important to someone I think they will ask. I also don't have photographs in my general profile. I quite like the thrill of seeing who turns up. Only once have I opened the door and a guy said immediately saying this isn’t going to work. I just said I agree and felt relieved that I didn’t need to spend time with someone which wasn’t going to be fun for anyone lol.

Reactions: Touya90

tsfan1

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well I’m not a racist at all. Have friends of all races. Yet I would never date a black lady, I just find them unattractive. That’s called preference not racist.

Nobody says you have to find black girls attractive. It s just the way people express their prefences:
- black women arent my type, i never feel attraction to black women
- i think black women are unattractive, to me they cant be beautiful

See the difference?

Heavyhitter111

Sexy Member
Media
Nobody says you have to find black girls attractive. It s just the way people express their prefences:
- black women arent my type, i never feel attraction to black women
- i think black women are unattractive, to me they cant be beautiful

See the difference?
No I don’t. I don’t find them attractive either.

LonnyBush

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi all, been a LOOOOONG time since Ive posted here.... mostly just spent the years lurking and looking at pictures and videos. But tonight, something happened, and I just had to post about it. So please read this whole thing before drawing any conclusions (warning, this post may be quite long), and then give me your honest feedback. I promise I won't be offended either way.

So, as a quick background--a bit about me. Im mostly straight (mostly into women, but down to fool around with dudes if the mood is right), and I can only ever see myself getting into an actual relationship with women (with men, it would never go beyond physical pleasure). Label me whatever category that puts me into... straight, bi, whatever... thats not the point. The 2nd fact about me, Im white. Im not hung up about it, and I don't have a feeling of superiority about it... it just is what it is--thats how the universe made me... a white guy.

Why is all this important you ask? Well, it just so happens that sometimes Im in.. "the mood" and having a guy around to help me out sounds kinda fun... so naturally I turned to Grindr (LOL, dont judge me, we all have needs). On there, my profile simply says, and I quote:

"Bi white guy here, looking for fun. Mostly attracted to other white guys."

So tonight, I just happened to get on, and I was greeted with this lovely message from a Latino individual (see picture attached). For those that cant see the picture, this is how he greeted me, verbatim:

"You understand that racial preferences are racist? Making preemptive decisions about a person based on the color of their skin is racism. Check your white privilege dude."

I was shocked. I've never really been a fan of people who play into identity politics, but Ill be damned if people on the far left now think they are so "woke" enough to start dictating who I can, or have to be attracted to. I wanted to just cuss the guy out, or block him, but I thought "you know, lets see if I can talk to this guy rationally and see if I can construct an argument that would make him change his point of view and agree with me."

I won't post pictures of the entire conversation--its a long one--but Ill try to give you guys the gyst of how it went down, along with my thoughts, and then Id like to hear what you all have to say about it.

First, I tried explaining to him that although I'd consider myself unlikely to have sex with a black, or latino dude, Id happily still be friends with them. Does that still qualify as racist? He seemed very hung up on the fact that I was a white dude who only liked other white dudes. I then explained to him that as a bi guy, Im actually mostly attracted to Asian women over any other race, to which he responded thats racist because Im sexualizing Asian women (huh?).

He then made a statement that there must be a REASON why Im attracted to white dudes. To which I responded with this analogy: "I love steak. And I think onions are gross. (really, I cant stand them, lol). Whos to say whats right or whats wrong about that? Why am I not entitled to have my own preferences? Once again, this is simply how the universe made me, and I cant CHANGE it just because that offends you." He responded saying that my food analogy is stupid because "onions arent an ethnic identity that im excluding because its different from what Ive been told is beautiful."

Again.... huh? I don't remember being told that only white people are beautiful. And if I was told (and convinced!) that only white people are beautiful, then why the hell am I attracted to Asian women?

In the end, I explained to him that I dare say that if I was a white guy, who only happened to be attracted to say... black guys, he wouldnt be so offended by this. And do you know how he responded? Youre not going to believe this.... HE AGREED! He couldnt have proven my point any easier. How does a person not see the hypocrisy in all of this?

Afterwards, I told him I was going to be posting a rundown of our conversation on here, and getting feedback, and sharing it with him. I also intend to share the link to this thread with him so he can share his side of the story, and hopefully not be biased (lets see if he actually responds). If not, Im prepared to post screenshots of the entire conversation just to prove Im being genuine here, and not only telling one side.

So now, I ask you all the readers, to please share your feedback here.

I would argue that he was WAY out of line to begin by making such assumptions and coming at me that way. And I might even argue that him coming at me that way could even be proof that he harbors some "white hate" if there is such a thing--but maybe thats a stretch.

I would also argue that having a sexual attraction is not racist, just as having a sexual preference is not sexist, and just having a preference for ANY characteristic is not "x-ist". Not only that, but I for SURE am not obligated to justify why I find certain things attractive, and certain other things unattractive, nor is anyone obligated to explain to me why they might not be attracted to me--that is entirely their subjective opinion, and theyre entitled to it. And if the social justice-identity politics-toting left is starting to push to mandate how we think like that...then Ill just start jacking off on my own rather than being forced to have sex with someone I happen to not be attracted to just because it offends them.

Thoughts? Opinions? I'll be checking back periodically to see what you all have to say.

Thanks for reading.
I wouldn't worry about what other people think. Date who ever like.

Status
Not open for further replies.