Racist Restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Downs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I was not going to post this but I would like to know if others have had the same experience.

I was travelling with a female playmate 2 years ago through the USA. A friend of ours was getting married in North Carolina.

At one restaurant in NC we were asked if we “were in the right place” by the young lady serving us. We hadn’t spoken yet so accent was ruled out. My friend knew it was our colour and I had the same feeling.

We are both Australian First Nations with my playmate having darker pigmentation than I. But we both are obviously brown. We both were well dressed and sober.

The place seemed nice at a glance but was tarnished by this comment.

I quickly said “no sorry we are leaving”.

My friend cried and said how she hadn’t heard such things since she was in primary school.

Anyhow we went on to have a good night and put it behind us and enjoyed the rest of our trip.

Are there other people here that have received this sort of behaviour?

Max

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry that happened to you. I was going to say it seems like that is more likely to happen in the southern USA states. But sadly I am sure it happens in a lot of other USA states too.

If I saw that happen, I would leave the restaurant and never eat there again. I know that I most likely will never change the small mind of the owners. But I can make sure I never give them any of my money.

emmyfan

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks again Guys.

I did want to do a review but I should have asked for the manager/owner.

destroying someone’s business because of 1 bad staff member probably isn’t the right thing to do. I was mad though.

It was very confronting.

I recommend that you still leave feedback on Yelp and Google because it could save others from having to go through the awful experience that you went through at this terrible restaurant.

Mount Phalic

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was not going to post this but I would like to know if others have had the same experience.

I was travelling with a female playmate 2 years ago through the USA. A friend of ours was getting married in North Carolina.

At one restaurant in NC we were asked if we “were in the right place” by the young lady serving us. We hadn’t spoken yet so accent was ruled out. My friend knew it was our colour and I had the same feeling.

We are both Australian First Nations with my playmate having darker pigmentation than I. But we both are obviously brown. We both were well dressed and sober.

The place seemed nice at a glance but was tarnished

BigFloppy10Wanted

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

The place seemed nice at a glance but was tarnished by this comment.

I quickly said “no sorry we are leaving”.

My friend cried and said how she hadn’t heard such things since she was in primary school.

Anyhow we went on to have a good night and put it behind us and enjoyed the rest of our trip.

Are there other people here that have received this sort of behaviour?

Max
I am so sorry that you had to go through such a horrible horrible experience. I pray that you will never have anything like that happen again.

Reactions: Max Downs

rd62624

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes.I awhile ago . A co-worker(white) me ( african american) were working in Tenn. for a week. We tried to eat at several restuaurants and received poor service. They claim that they were out of food or did not complete our order. When he finally realise what was happening was when he order coffee and they told that they did not have any while they serve the table next to us with coffee. After that we found a buffet place. Another time we were in WVa. and stopped to get something to eat. One man just kept staring at me , he saw it and we paid for our food and left.

D

deleted1334580

I recommend that you still leave feedback on Yelp and Google because it could save others from having to go through the awful experience that you went through at this terrible restaurant.

Definitely the major reviews forums Google and Yelp (down on them lately though) are an outlet for an honest review of facts as negative as they may be. If they're facts they're facts. People rate restaurants low if their egg is cooked 2 sec too much or too little or steak same way. What you experienced is far worse.

If your experience was one bad server, they may see that. If it's a trend in the entire restaurant then that will be apparent to those who care from reading reviews.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If you’re not in one of the cities, but in a small town, I can see it happening. I live in Charlotte, but travel to a small town in the country and it’s a different world. @Max Downs are you willing to say what town you were in?

D

deleted464787

You don’t believe me....... so?

In this lovely digital age, me naming and shaming a restaurant is not going to happen.

300px-All_Right_Then%2C_Keep_Your_Secrets.jpg

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Wow, of all the things that I have read here, I NEVER expected this.

You could have asked for the manager. That may have helped.

If the server was wearing a name tag, I would have noted the name. Please post that on Google, Yelp and any other site that allows for reviews. I travel for work, and, always read such reviews. I do actively boycott establishments that engage in ANY form of discrimination.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To the OP: Yes, I’ve been refused service twice when traveling with my Black/Cherokee ex.

The first was at a Waffle House in SC off the interstate between Columbia and Myrtle Beach. “We don’t serve your kind.” So we left. My ex thought it was racism and I thought it was homophobia. I don’t know why we didn’t report it, but the next time we went to Myrtle Beach that way, it was boarded up and grass was growing in the parking lot, so we felt karma had been served.

The second was a fancy seafood restaurant in an expensive section of an NC beach. “You boys don’t belong here.” We thought it was the way we were dressed until we realized the clientele was all rich old white people. We didn’t report it because we knew the clientele was correct for a dead-end business, and sure enough, years later, there was a different restaurant in that building.

NCbear (who’s sometimes satisfied if things work themselves out over time, because it can be difficult for a normally polite Southerner to become confrontational in the moment)

nburbsbiguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm wondering why you posted about an incident that happened over two years ago on a website devoted to large penises when the incident you mentioned has nothing to do with big cocks. Unless you feel like they discriminated against you because you have a large penis?

nburbsbiguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Fair comment,
I suppose there are a heap of threads here and boards that are unrelated to large cocks.

I was reading a story of racism on here and decided to share my experience and was hoping to hear other members experiences.

I guess the beauty of this site is you can read/participate the forums you wish to.

Max

Sure, anyone can skip stuff they don't want to read. But imagine how undesirable the site would be if anyone just posted anything anywhere. That wouldn't be beautiful, it would turn the site into garbage. This about it. Cat videos, recipes, stories about childhood, favorite songs, etc. Surely you must understand this?

stustu

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
these posts are very disturbing. I hope our readers (LPSG) would say something to
a restaurant management/owners/corporate offices, if they ever heard or saw these
racist behaviors. Racist behavior is based in ignorance and cannot be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.