Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always laugh a bit when male friends, straight or gay, say they go to a very "straight" gym, and nothing ever happens there. Funny, every gym I've ever belonged to, and every cruise I've been, and guys playing around in the locker room, sauna or steam rooms.

On a cruise about 12 years ago (I don't remember the line), I noticed a married guy at dinner who looked like a friend of mine so much. He was very touchy feely with his wife, just like my friend, and I kept seeing him everywhere on the ship. One day, it turned out he had more in common with my friend than I thought. I walked into the sauna, around 5 in the evening, and he was giving head to one of the crew members! They freaked out and left. He avoided making eye contact with me after that incident.

steamyman

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have just booked a 5 day cruise on the Anthem of the Seas on Oct 15 around the UK - first time on that line and ship but they had a deal on their junior suites I couldn't pass up.

Anyone been on that ship and are there any steam/saunas that are available without having to pay for a spa experience?

txviewer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Have just booked a 5 day cruise on the Anthem of the Seas on Oct 15 around the UK - first time on that line and ship but they had a deal on their junior suites I couldn't pass up.

Anyone been on that ship and are there any steam/saunas that are available without having to pay for a spa experience?

good question. Anthem is a quantum class ship. I've researched a bit, but it seems like the spa experience has a fee associated with it. Now, what confuses me is this - I know that on Liberty of the Seas and Independence of the Seas, there is a steam room and sauna in the men's locker room area that is free. If this is the case, wouldn't you think they'd also have that on a quantum class ship like Anthem? I'd think so! But what I think muddies the water is people talking about two different things: 1. a spa experience and 2. steam room / sauna. Yes, the spa experience has a sauna and steam room, but there are other things that go with it (tiled loungers, etc). I'll have to scour the web for more info and revisit this if I learn anything new.

Reactions: steamyman

highnal

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I’m afraid the newer Royal Caribbean ships, like the Quantum class, do not have free sauna/steam facilities in the locker rooms. I believe the gym changing rooms are really small and not conductive to have a fumble with fellow passengers. There’s a paid for spa area which does contain various saunas and steam rooms but it is mixed sex and also don’t think it’s open currently for the UK staycations. Might change for October though.

I’m booked on the sailing after you on the 20th Oct!

Reactions: steamyman

txviewer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I’m afraid the newer Royal Caribbean ships, like the Quantum class, do not have free sauna/steam facilities in the locker rooms. I believe the gym changing rooms are really small and not conductive to have a fumble with fellow passengers. There’s a paid for spa area which does contain various saunas and steam rooms but it is mixed sex and also don’t think it’s open currently for the UK staycations. Might change for October though.

I’m booked on the sailing after you on the 20th Oct!

well, damn. I guess I'm lucky that the new class ships aren't sailing out of Galveston. hopefully, next year the steam room and sauna will be open on the Liberty of the Seas.

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Well, my cruise on the Sensation just got cancelled....however, we re-booked for the same week on the Elation. Means more driving time for me to get to the port. Just builds the anticipation....

Reactions: pants73

Mojitos24

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, my cruise on the Sensation just got cancelled....however, we re-booked for the same week on the Elation. Means more driving time for me to get to the port. Just builds the anticipation....
Our cruise on the conquest was cancelled too:( we changed for the elation same departure day November 8th. You ?

Scootersjunk

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Norwegian Gem In October. Can’t wait!
I'd be interested to hear about your experience. The Gem's single sex sauna area is conducive for play but when I sailed her a couple of years ago, barely anyone used the single sex area. Most people were in the co-ed area.

Ralph50

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd be interested to hear about your experience. The Gem's single sex sauna area is conducive for play but when I sailed her a couple of years ago, barely anyone used the single sex area. Most people were in the co-ed area.
Anyone been on Carnival Panorama before? How's sauna area
It will be my 1st time next weekend-October 23 to 30th aboard the Panorama. Planning to use their sauna. I’ll let you know if it’s worth it or not.

Reactions: aldawg and thrttm

Ralph50

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is my 6th day at Carnival Panorama and I was not disappointed at all!!! The sauna by the gym is a usual hangout for horned up guys! From the very first night till last night, we have been having wild orgy inside the sauna, we only stopped every time the attendant was folding towels…I met 2 former marines, who are muscular built just like me. One of them even invited me to his cabin last night while his wife was watching musical show. ..this is a cruise to remember!!!