MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This thread is for any political discussion about Congressman Madison Cawthorn, Republican from North Carolina.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Young, handsome, disabled, entitled, Hitler-admirer. Not very bright... Not much else to say, other than he should be removed from office for his anti-democratic sympathies. And, that I find the trend of Millennial parents naming their children after Presidents, to be repellent... unless it is "Mandela"!

I posted a rather complicated post about him in another thread. It didn't even get one "Like"... :-(

Perhaps I could re-post it here?

A/B

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's behind those big white teeth, and under that Hitler-Youth hair-do?:

(A not very popular re-post from a previous thread.)

Every time I see a photo of treacherously, handsome, Aryan Proto-Model, Madison Cawthorn, my mind swirls to thinking about, either startlingly blue-eyed and blond, John Barrowman, singing "Springtime For Hitler" in the 2005 film version of "The Producers", to the song, "Tomorrow Belongs To Me", from the film, "Cabaret", then to the Elvis Costello & The Attractions hit song, "Two Little Hitlers", and then, kinda creepily, to the most ferocious, but very damaged character in History Channel's "Vikings" series, 'Ivar The Boneless', played by uber-blue-eyed, Alex Høgh Andersen... And then, back again to the scene in "Cabaret" where one Hitler Youth singer starts out alone with "Tomorrow Belongs To Me", and then slowly but surely, the gathering crowd joins in for that "Fatherlands" anthem... The mind reels.

"Springtime For Hitler" - The Producers (2005)

"Tomorrow Belongs To Me!" - Cabaret (1972)

"Two Little Hitlers" - Elvis Costello & The Attractions (1979)

Ivar The Boneless - "Vikings" (2013-2020)
Ivar the Boneless - Vikings Cast | HISTORY

Not that I have anything against blue-eyed men, mind you.

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Again, "crickets chirping" on my post, above... ^ ... Oh, well. Can't win 'em all.

This is one of six billboards the Republican Accountability Project is putting up in North Carolina. They target U.S. Reps. Madison Cawthorn and Dan Bishop and call on the two Republican representatives to resign in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. (www.accountibility.gop)

Madison Cawthorn billboard.jpg

Independent.co,uk/news:
The Charlotte Observer calls pro-Trump congressman Madison Cawthorn ‘an embarrassment’

SpectrumLocalNews.com:
Analysis: N.C. Rep. Madison Cawthorn Making Big Bet on Trump's Legacy

A/B

Last edited:

Basch

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The failure of this thread shows that discussion of an individual beyond how attractive they are should be allowed in threads about them in the main section. Would the mods open a thread about Cawthorne in the relationships section of the site if someone was discussing his past girlfriends? I really doubt.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^ - Whatever, Londoner.

The Washington Post:
Madison Cawthorn doesn’t regret speaking at the rally before the Capitol riot

On Jan. 6, about two hours before a violent mob breached the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) took to the stage before a fiery crowd of Trump supporters and falsely claimed that the presidential election was fraudulent.

“This crowd has some fight in it,” Cawthorn said. “The Democrats, with all the fraud they have done in this election, the Republicans hiding and not fighting, they are trying to silence your voice. Make no mistake about it, they do not want you to be heard.”

One month later, former president Donald Trump faces impeachment over his role in inciting the riot, hundreds of rioters face criminal charges, and Cawthorn faces calls for his resignation and an ethics investigation.

Cawthorn, though, said in an interview that aired Thursday that he would offer no apologies for speaking at the rally or for urging the crowd to fight.
“I don’t regret it, actually,” Cawthorn said...

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

He’s denied this already. It’s a non-story the women are liars

Ha!... Show us your real news sources, @core2020.

Madison Cawthorn Classmates Allege Sexual Misconduct
"Madison Cawthorn arrived at Patrick Henry College’s small Christian campus in northern Virginia in fall 2016 blazing with charm, bravado, and a flashing white smile. His former classmates said the future member of Congress would whip his white Dodge Challenger into the parking lot and regale his classmates with the story of how he survived a harrowing car crash as a teen, which left him paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheelchair for life. After his intensive recovery, he was older than most students — 21 — and didn’t fit the mold of the Christian and largely sheltered first-year students who chose the conservative school in Purcellville because of its commitment to God and rigorous academics. And, former Patrick Henry students said, it didn’t take long for women on campus to start warning one another: You don’t want to be alone with him, especially in his car.

BuzzFeed News spoke with more than three dozen people, including more than two dozen former students, their friends, and their relatives, who described or corroborated instances of sexual harassment and misconduct on campus, in Cawthorn’s car, and at his house near campus. Four women told BuzzFeed News that Cawthorn, now a rising Republican star, was aggressive, misogynistic, or predatory toward them. Their allegations include calling them derogatory names in public in front of their peers, including calling one woman “slutty,” asking them inappropriate questions about their sex lives, grabbing their thighs, forcing them to sit in his lap, and kissing and touching them without their consent.

One of these women now works as an intern for another Republican member of Congress and passes Cawthorn in the corridors of the Capitol. According to more than a dozen people — including three women who had firsthand experience and seven people who heard about these incidents from them at the time — Cawthorn often used his car as a way to entrap and harass his women classmates, taking them on what he could call “fun drives'' off campus. Two said he would drive recklessly and ask them about their virginity and sexual experiences while they were locked in the moving vehicle."

A/B

Last edited:

djnc1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For the love of all held sacred. Is this place gonna be full of people throwing around Nazi accusations? It's beyond old, and it's too damn easy to be labeled "white supremacist" and all that crap. He's at least right about leaders showing up even in an emergency. How brave to send a proxy.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For the love of all held sacred. Is this place gonna be full of people throwing around Nazi accusations? It's beyond old, and it's too damn easy to be labeled "white supremacist" and all that crap. He's at least right about leaders showing up even in an emergency. How brave to send a proxy.

Ha!... @djnc1 - Did you even read his Feb. 25th memo and Feb. 26th Tweet?... Cawthorn lied, claiming to be too sick to go to work, when in fact he went to the Conservative Political Action Conference for an ego-boost session.

A/B

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well when the Germans call them Nazis I tend to want to believe them. They should just embrace who they are as no one is being fooled except themselves.

German magazine depicts President Donald Trump giving Nazi salute on its cover
Well, it's an obvious exaggeration, but they're on the fascist slopes, and who knows where that ends.
A leader who helps you see that he is indispensable. Hatred of the press. Adulation of the military. Promiscuous identification of foes. Bleating protestation of victimhood. Contempt for soon bygone norms.
It is not always time to sing Kumbaya.
It was necessary to fight against Hitler. His attitude was, What's mine is mine and what's yours, we'll talk about. If you chanted Ommm to him, he, seeing advantage, would have rolled over you and your haplessness.
Sometimes one has to accept a kind of Cartesianism in a situation. There has to be collision, and fracture, and resolution, of some kind. Hugs do little when this is unfolding.
One shouldn't lust in the collision. One should respect individuals, though it's easy to fall short here. And, at least aspirationally, resolution should remain your aim.
But don't sing Kumbaya.
All things in good time.
And I don't know why I'm writing this to you, sargon. You don't need to hear this. Kinda in the air though.
Oh, but wait! Right here! A Hitler reference!
Why you dirty dawg!
Is that enuff?
Take care, guy.

billybones

Superior Member
Media
Young, handsome, disabled, entitled, Hitler-admirer. Not very bright... Not much else to say, other than he should be removed from office for his anti-democratic sympathies. And, that I find the trend of Millennial parents naming their children after Presidents, to be repellent... unless it is "Mandela"!

I posted a rather complicated post about him in another thread. It didn't even get one "Like"... :-(

Perhaps I could re-post it here?

A/B
You left out that he’s the next FDR for these -his- people. The difference is that he’s said absolutely nothing considerate or realistic of anyone but himself, and ... I guess other people willing to hide weapons in wheelchairs? Maybe. I’m right down the road from him. The definition of coddled brat. Him and that potato face, rancid Green.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You left out that he’s the next FDR for these -his- people. The difference is that he’s said absolutely nothing considerate or realistic of anyone but himself, and ... I guess other people willing to hide weapons in wheelchairs? Maybe. I’m right down the road from him. The definition of coddled brat. Him and that potato face, rancid Green.
A truly scary moment in American history. A large group has found that their inner two-year-olds like to pretend together. It's the best fun. And you'll know you're right, because you seem to bump only into people who think like you do, a convenience more and more easily arranged.
Cawthorn plays to them perfectly.
I remember when almost anyone would acknowledge that Republicans played to an almost square sense of definite, agreed-upon reality. The Democrats were the dreamers, for better or worse.
But now Republicans, or a large number of them, seem to be circling the truth in a comet-like orbit.
Collisions happen but only every few million years.
But they're happy on the Ship of Fools. There's inflated fear, adrenalin, camaraderie, and the promise of more tax breaks.
Cawthorn is their speed.

Last edited: