Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
straight up girly question.

any hair care tips for post workout sweat-head?
with my hair getting ever longer washing and conditioning the medusa mess gets more involved/time consuming.
there has got to be some spray or gel or other woman witchery to make it easier.

a couple of ladies recommended a rinse with apple cider vinegar and water.
after a failed attempted to go shampooless i don't put much faith in V&W.
might try it a few days to see how it works.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh god not this "real" ladies "we're more special than you" clique (that clearly goes against TOS rules concerning accusing other members of being fake) again? I thought it was decided that you keep your presumptuous private gossip squad behind closed door like every other fucking group? What, someone burn down your little tampon hen house?

Honestly ML what's with this sad need to wave your self-importance flag in everyone's face? Are you that starved for attention? Do you really have to ruin what has become the last sanctuary for the rest of us "unreal" females? You have a fucking Women's Issues forum that you've already decorated pink, use it. Let me guess, that's not enough for you right?

You know this one of those ultra-feminist bitch moves that give all women a bad name. This gross selfish need to push their way into every fucking space and leave nothing for anyone else. Everyone has to be like them, be infiltrated by them, think like them. If their beliefs, rights, don't supersede everyone else's beliefs and rights then they unfairly label those people sexist and bigot and misogynist and haters and blah, blah, blah! Ugh, they're the worst kind of people. Are you one of those overbearing sanctimonious females ML?

Newsflash, some of us don't want to be part of your group, deal with it. More so, we don't want to see it or be reminded of it. Some of us feel your group name is an insult to women. Women who contribute to the site but want nothing to do with a club who's name accuses other women, members, of not being real. You do realize the group name, apart from being incredibly immature, is hateful to women and is a form of shaming to those who refuse to participate? Stop shoving your elitist slumber party down everyone's throat.
Real Ladies Group, what a fucking joke. Most of you aren't even verified!?! But we've already gone over this in the past haven't we? So what's with the need to bring your clique in here and start this shit all over again?

This forum is a Q&A for members, mostly it would seem men, to ask women questions. It was clearly created for that purpose and is unique in that way. But now you want to paint it pink right? Can't stand the fact that men have an area to ask women questions, everything has to be about women's issues right? Not only that but now this "real ladies" (sic) fuck you to all other women group have to plant their menstrual soaked flag right in the middle of it. Look, take your fucking boring cramp-overs and gossip about other members, which btw is also against TOS rules, and go elsewhere with it. Preferably to the bottom of some gas choked mineshaft.

The unreal women of LPSG thank you.

Blahblahblah. I believe the implied question is regarding whether there is any miscellany any female or female-identified member of the entire site might like to discuss without the input from men. When Rob is able to set groups back up, I suppose we who decided to join that particular group will go back to having these discussions both without the input of men, and without the stench of asshole you've brought with you.

Reactions: SprinkleMe69

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

with my hair getting ever longer washing and conditioning the medusa mess gets more involved/time consuming.
there has got to be some spray or gel or other woman witchery to make it easier.

I'm going to give you black girly advice. You can try it, but it might not work for a white woman. The hair is just not the same. Then again, it might, because... you know... it's still hair.

Buy a clarifying shampoo. Get one of those awful, stripping, horrible things that looks like clarified snot. Wash. Rinse. Repeat twice. When you touch your hair, it should feel awful. It should literally be squeaky clean. Enjoy the squeaking sound because life is short.

Next rinse with vinegar. It doesn't have to be apple cider. White is fine. Let it sit for a few minutes. Wash your face or something. Rinse away all the vinegar.

Now use the best conditioner you can find. My best friend has the most gorgeous, thick, shiny, long hair of anyone I know. She swears by the following tip. Buy whatever hair dye is on sale. Save the conditioner packet from the box. Throw out or freecycle everything else that came in the box. After rinsing squeaky clean hair with vinegar followed by water, apply conditioner and thoroughly distribute it through your hair.

This time, put on your shower cap and exfoliate your body or something. Let it sit at least ten minutes, but don't let it dry. Rinse thoroughly, leaving no noticeable residue.

Style as usual. For curly hair, apply Frizz-ease hair serum to soaking wet hair before drying.

Best of luck.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Adorable bat lady, I just rinse my scalp.
I keep the length out of the way, or loosely braided and held up out of the spray. Using a kitchen sprayer works, too.
If I can't rinse, some essential oils and water in a small spray bottle banishes the scent somewhat.

By medusa, do you mean curls, or just unruly in general? Because curls can stage revolutions my hair can only dream of.

Go Bats!

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
*sigh* every time i take you off my ignore list, cuz you really do have some very interesting things to say when not being a flaming twat, ya gotta go and ruin it.

i'm sorry RLG crawled up your undershorts and sunk its teeth into your ass.
really, it's your issue please don't take it out on other folks.

I take umbrage over your pretentious group's name who's aim is to insinuate that other members are fake. This is against forum rules.

"Your issue"? Haha. Your audacity is astounding. You've made your private group everyone's issue by bringing it in here. This forum is not for groups, any group, what don't you fucking get?

The fact you have to bring it in here, rub it in non-members faces, again (remember this is your second attempt), into a section of the forum not intended for groups, is just another gross display of your arrogance.

Seriously though have fun being pompous, rude, and inconsiderate. I would have like to think you were intelligent enough to be above all that but apparently not.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Speaking of periods....

I haven't had one in 5 years. Yippee! I hit my 5 years of remission on June 5th.

As for medusa hair, it's summer time hair that's got me. I'm either dry and crispy like corn hairs or oily scalp from the weather exceeding 100 degrees. I just cold rinse it and put it up in a pony or bun.

Now on to migraines post hysterectomy. I had my lady balls (ovaries) until last year so I went into surgical menopause and well the low dose estrogen just doesn't seem to be working toward any kind of balance. Any suggestions ladies?

Much appreciated. Rock on!

Reactions: LaFemme

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Speaking of periods....

I haven't had one in 5 years. Yippee! I hit my 5 years of remission on June 5th.

As for medusa hair, it's summer time hair that's got me. I'm either dry and crispy like corn hairs or oily scalp from the weather exceeding 100 degrees. I just cold rinse it and put it up in a pony or bun.

Now on to migraines post hysterectomy. I had my lady balls (ovaries) until last year so I went into surgical menopause and well the low dose estrogen just doesn't seem to be working toward any kind of balance. Any suggestions ladies?

I wish I knew the answer. Totally thrilled at five years free, though! If the dance smiley was here, I'd post a dozen! I freakin' hate migraines. They should die with fire. Burn with vengeance. Disappear and never come back. They make me feel weak. I am not weak. :mad:

lustybustybbw

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Speaking of periods....

Sprinkle me,

While I still have my ovaries, my friend SWEARS by creams by Helen Pensanti. She used the one with Red Clover & said her menopause was barely noticable after that. There is a quiz on the website to determine what might be right for your symptoms. It seems to be a reasonably inexpensive option to try.

That being said, my own hysto experience is that my body FREAKED out for about a year & a half after. It was weird to feel like I was going through a puberty on amphetamines. My boobs grew, my skin broke out, I had random mood swings, my libido went into hibernation and I started to have headaches. The good news is that it finally calmed down. I think the body goes into hormone roulette as it would with any major event (like pregnancy). My libido returned (whew!), mood swings are gone, my skin is better and my boobs stopped growing. I suppose I'm just trying to say you might need some supplements for a while and then the need might be gone soon, or you may need some for a longer time, but be nice to your body. :) My mom had a hysterectomy when she was 29 & was on Premarin until she was 76. Her bone density is amazing & she is in great overall health. Follow your intuition.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've tried them all, vinegar rinse, apple cider, shea, and I just went back to my old shampoo and conditioner. I don't shower at the gym. I always go home. It's close by, and I can usually take my time.

I'll admit that sometimes I just leave the ponytail in when I'm heading off to a demo job, but if I know it's a demo I'll skip the gym for a real workout.

Almost ten years ago I went shampooless. It was a neat experiment, but I just didn't feel clean enough. I will say this, though, my hair turned almost platinum blonde. Don't know why that would be, but it was just about bright white. I also found myself washing my hair twice a day. I don't think I could try that again.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm totally lost with the new update. Like, I don't get the layout at *all*

Every time I try to understand where things are, my pretty little head hurts and I run to Youtube for cat videos

i just went looking for my visitor messages. are they serious all gone? aghhh. i had so much cool stuff from mickey alone, with links and everything, i'm gonna go skulk away now and look at hot men on russian facebook

Last edited:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

I would say the apple cider vinegar is really good as a conditioning agent/shiny rinse. Not as much for cleaning

For the shampoo effect w/o shampoo, try baking soda paste. I used to have a good site bookmarked about, not sure where...anyway just use like 1 part baking soda to 2 parts water. Scrub into scalp, let sit a few minutes. Rinse out.

Then use the apple cider vinegar, like one part ACV to one part water. You can coat that on the hair and let sit a lil while. Then rinse!

Your scalp/hair will be super clean and the vinegar adds so much shine

I only use regular shampoo like once a month now. The other times I use the baking soda/vinegar combo

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'd like to know what face creams y'all recommend. I almost never used to use wrinkle cream, now sometime in the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying to maintain what little youthful glow I have left before old age truly claims me and I turn into that woman on the block who has 5 cats and watches Matlock in the afternoons while eating marshmallow fluff sandwiches

Lately I've used Neutrogena something or another. I like it pretty well I guess. But if there's better I'd love to know about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarletbegonia

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you want a list? LOL!

I have Nivea, also Neutrogena Hydro Boost, but I keep going back to Crabtree and Evelyn English Honey and Peach Blossom serum. Magical. Found Olay down in the drawer too, but don't remember the last time I used it.

I'd like to know what face creams y'all recommend. I almost never used to use wrinkle cream, now sometime in the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying to maintain what little youthful glow I have left before old age truly claims me and I turn into that woman on the block who has 5 cats and watches Matlock in the afternoons while eating marshmallow fluff sandwiches

Lately I've used Neutrogena something or another. I like it pretty well I guess. But if there's better I'd love to know about it.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have a friend who swears by coconut oil. She has the most beautiful skin. I use it on my hair and body, but haven't used it on my face yet. Just a tiny bit, apparently at night is what she recommended to me.

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

geek0

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If you are just looking for something to spruce your hair up after the gym, dry shampoo can put you on for a while between washes...just spray it in.

Regarding skin care I would second coconut oil too... amazing stuff, I've tried every expensive brand going but coconut oil really works well...perhaps as a night moisturiser though, it can look a little shiny for day wear

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a friend who swears by coconut oil. She has the most beautiful skin. I use it on my hair and body, but haven't used it on my face yet. Just a tiny bit, apparently at night is what she recommended to me.
I don't like to use coconut oil as a leave-in in my hair. Even small amounts seem to stiffen in winter or under air conditioning. I do use it for hot oil treatments though.

I will never again use anything other than coconut oil as an after-shower moisturizer. It is the best. Yes, it's shiny, but I like that about it. I also like how, combined with my soap, it sometimes makes me smell like coconut candy.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't like to use coconut oil as a leave-in in my hair. Even small amounts seem to stiffen in winter or under air conditioning. I do use it for hot oil treatments though.

I will never again use anything other than coconut oil as an after-shower moisturizer. It is the best. Yes, it's shiny, but I like that about it. I also like how, combined with my soap, it sometimes makes me smell like coconut candy.
I put some in my hair at night and wash it out in the morning. My hair is so soft and shiny! Then I rub it into my wet skin after showering. It really does smell nice!

Reactions: AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I put some in my hair at night and wash it out in the morning. My hair is so soft and shiny! Then I rub it into my wet skin after showering. It really does smell nice!
Ohhhhh. Yes. I forget lots of people wash their hair daily, something I cannot do. That is more or less what I do with it. I put on, wrap my head in paper, put on a shower cap, and sit under a dryer. When I'm done reading LPSG groups, or whatever, I wash my hair.