Show your face! what are you so afraid of?

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Opinion | Are Americans Still Puritan?

Here's a scientific study that supports my hypotheses. Regardless of the religious affiliation of present day citizens, their modern day culture is still largely affected by its rigid morality and puritanical history.

Conversely, less religious cultures such as those of northern Europe, are much less prudish about nudity and sexuality.

This is true. But I don't think you entirely understand what it means. This does not support your contention that we are paranoid. Yes, having a (post-)Puritan culture means that people will fear revealing their bodies more than in other cultures. But people in a Puritan culture are not afraid of revealing their bodies and their sexuality for no reason. Rather, it is because of the other side of the coin, that those who do are more likely to be shamed, targeted, and/or abused for doing so. And that is the main reason why we are afraid of being revealing. It's not paranoia, because paranoia is an irrational fear, a fear of something that isn't real, or isn't real to anywhere near the extent one believes. The fear in this case is a rational fear.

N

Nomadic

First, I made no assumption: I wrote "I wonder how much time you've spent within its borders". That assumes nothing. But you clearly haven't seen all of it. This is a huge and diverse country, with space for a lot of variations. Your writing here smacks far too closely of typical stereotype.

If you spent any of those three years in NYC, San Francisco (hell, nearly anywhere in California), Mt. Hope, PA, Colorado, Oregon, Seattle, etc etc...you wouldn't make those statements.

But regardless, protecting privacy has nothing to do with being a prude and everything to do with learning lessons about life. There are assholes among as many liberal minds as conservative, and it only takes one to ruin your life.

Oh, and sometimes it's about just being modest. Nobody needs to see me, and I don't need to be seen.

You wrote...

ItsAll4Kim said:
And you totally fail at grasping the fact that the world extends beyond what you can see, and that people have different lives, within different cultures than yours."

That very much implies you assume I live in a bubble and don't appreciate that life is different in other parts of the world.

I've seen and experienced more of humanity than you will in your lifetime.

Last edited:
N

Nomadic

Please post your full name, address, date of birth, mothers maiden name, license number if applicable. There are 7 billion people in the world and most of them aren't victims of identity theft, so you should feel safe posting this information here, right?

My sexuality is my business, so if I want to keep it in some way private and public, that's my business. You can look at my pics, but expecting more than what I give you is unreasonable.

Blame culture and religion all you want, but for most people the reason that we don't show out faces on sites like this is the same reason that you won't post the information I asked you for above. Prove me wrong and don't be a prude about your personal information.

Nope, not comparable.

To show ones face on here is to admit that you enjoy a sexually charged environment, and that brings people shame.

To share the details you list above is to open myself up to financial fraud.

Good try, but no.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
To show ones face on here is to admit that you enjoy a sexually charged environment, and that brings people shame.
No, plain and simple no.
How dare you make such a stupid statement unless you know the personal life of everyone not sharing their face? I know why. You've got an agenda and don't care about what people have to say.

N

Nomadic

What's my agenda?
Why are you so offended about this? Lol

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
What's my agenda?
Why are you so offended about this? Lol
I am not offended. It's just tedious that you repeat your shame crap over and over again while ignoring everything what people have to say and what doesn't fit your opinion. Did it every cross your mind that you may be wrong when 99% of the people here tell you that you are wrong? Or are you actually really that egocentric and such a narcissist?
News flash, the internet is not real life. The internet, its core is anonymity btw, does not reflect reality or how people behave and feel in reality. People might go to gangbangs and still not post their face on the internet. The internet, including lpsg, is public. Lots of people had to learn the hard way that posting shit on the internet fucked their whole life. You're just too stubborn to acknowledge that.
Besides that I am totally open about my sexuality with my friends (male and female). But why would I be open with people I don't know? Especially people like you? Who tell me if I don't do this or that, I am so and so or feel a certain way?
But don't worry, I won't bother anymore. It's clear you don't care.

Bakugou_

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’m here to share dick and see dick. I don’t want any of this being linked back to myself. I have a life separate from this and I’d like to keep it to there, I certainly don’t want anyone to know what I look like

Makeyougape

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You’ve gotta be kidding me, Michael Hoffman’s life has been ruined like this
Michael hoffman made a lot of money selling those videos to private buyers ..... The problem was they got shared online without his permission .

But it's a fact of life that if you send a photo or video over the internet to ONE person - there's a risk the whole world will see it . You CANNOT trust the internet .

Michael hoffman claimed to be a victim , though he does CONTINUE to make more videos - so he enjoys the money anyway ....

theaveragedude

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It’s simple. I need and want to keep a degree of anonymity here. I’m married with two teens, first of all, and being discovered on this site, if somehow was found out - well that would be over. No chance to explain anything, no discussion... basically AMF (adios motherfucker). It’s enough I’ve had the balls to even be here, exposing myself to this community (and it’s been a bit rewarding don’t get me wrong) but This is something I thought I’d never, ever do, as I’ve been very self conscious my whole life. I can’t begin to tell you how much of a huge step this has been.

Would I like to have my wife be into this whole thing? Sure! If I was on this site before we met, I’d would have told her up front about this, but I didn’t know I’d ever get to this point.

If I was single it wouldn’t matter.

Makeyougape

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It’s simple. I need and want to keep a degree of anonymity here. I’m married with two teens, first of all, and being discovered on this site, if somehow was found out - well that would be over. No chance to explain anything, no discussion... basically AMF (adios motherfucker). It’s enough I’ve had the balls to even be here, exposing myself to this community (and it’s been a bit rewarding don’t get me wrong) but This is something I thought I’d never, ever do, as I’ve been very self conscious my whole life. I can’t begin to tell you how much of a huge step this has been.

Would I like to have my wife be into this whole thing? Sure! If I was on this site before we met, I’d would have told her up front about this, but I didn’t know I’d ever get to this point.

If I was single it wouldn’t matter.
Are you straight ?

I'm self employed now. I run a cat sitting business. Previously, I've done finance, marketing and data analysis in industries such as luxury fashion, nautical intelligence and mortgage processing.

It's much nicer being self employed and contributing positively to my local community.
If that is true, it's a novel way of posting your contact details.

Reactions: Mr Ed in Mass

theaveragedude

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So you're gay but got married to impress your dad .

Sent you a PM....read my blog, Explains it all... and my dad died a looong time ago, so no.....He’s just want me to be happy.

Reactions: notN2pussy

theaveragedude

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Reactions: hunghorse30

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
I got my dick and name out in the public domain when I worked in offices too. I regularly modelled for a gay smut zine called meat. I got my cock out and did a Q&A. I posted about it on Facebook where I had numerous colleagues connected.
(God, I was skinny)

View attachment 1408497
I think it's less about the likelihood of being "exposed as a deviant", and more to do with the fear of "being caught being perverted". It's about carrying shame.
First off...great face pic.....takes a certain amount of courage to be loud and proud....to say this is who i am....this is what I'm about

Love the spin around on the chair....reminds me of a beginning of a video game where you pick your face....in fact next run through of fallout 4...in gonna model face after you

Most of the other reasons for enjoying internet anonymity are self evident and pretty well explained by the others here

NOW about the fear of "being caught being a pervert".....well there is some of that too

Yeah I am a pervert....so are lots of people...

But I don't necessarily want to know about them......I don't want my mom to here about how I double teamed the girl that works at her restaurant....I don't want to hear about how mom loves ass to mouth

I don't want to know my hunting buddy sucks cock at a glory hole before going home to his wife....

Don't really want to hear about my nieces opinions of big sucks

Some things are best left out of the public domain

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You wrote...

ItsAll4Kim said:
And you totally fail at grasping the fact that the world extends beyond what you can see, and that people have different lives, within different cultures than yours."

That very much implies you assume I live in a bubble and don't appreciate that life is different in other parts of the world.

I've seen and experienced more of humanity than you will in your lifetime.
You absolutely don't appreciate the differences in global cultures. Otherwise you wouldn't be telling other people how to be.

And your last sentence is a ridiculous assumption. You know zero about me, yet somehow figure you're the worldly guy.

You can't even respect or understand why some people wish to remain private.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Nope, not comparable.

To share the details you list above is to open myself up to financial fraud.

Good try, but no.

And to show one's face here opens them to employment problems, family problems, personal problems.

Different info, different problems, but directly comparable and analogous.