Showers after sport

effedi7

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I wanted to know your experience about showering after sport; I don't mean fitness center experiences, I rather mean competing in some sport. Which sports are more open to nakedness than others?
If you took/take a shower (which implies seeing other mates naked), which sport did/do you practice? If not, is it a common behavior fo shower at home?
Does/did your coach shower with you? have you ever seen him naked?
Have you ever remarked different habits with mates not belonging to your club in sport competitions? maybe international ones?

tarzan2591

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I always showered after basketball practice. Most of my team did too. This was 20 years ago but we’re open showers and never thought anything about it. My coach had his own shower in his office area so never showered with us.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do not do many sports, but the few I participate in . Cycling, skiing and I guess Baseball / basketball, I / my teammates / friends do not shower afterwards, most places you have to drive to and there are no showers. It is not uncommon to play a game and then grab lunch afterwards , then go home to shower .

Bondi

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’ve been a swimmer all my life. When practicing with a team, we usually all hit the showers in our swim suits, but strip them off during the shower so we can better rinse out the chlorine. It’s really no big deal.

Road_cyclist

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
After cycling competitions over here shower and changing facilities are often arranged. Better that way, or you'd have to get back to your home town in your gear and all sweaty on a car or a bus which is usually shared with your team mates . Sometimes it's cubicles, sometimes its shared open showers. Shower habits are indeed somewhat different for other teams.

backa

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I play hockey and have always showered afterward. When I was younger (like 20 years ago), everyone did too. Now I'm one of the few. Not sure why, but I think men these days don't feel comfortable being naked around others.

BigFloppy10Wanted

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’ve been a swimmer all my life. When practicing with a team, we usually all hit the showers in our swim suits, but strip them off during the shower so we can better rinse out the chlorine. It’s really no big deal.
Hung swimmers I would die for. I worship them. I'd love to have one right now. Those Olympic divers and swimmers!!

effedi7

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
When I attended swimming training (I was already an adult), everybody showered naked, trainers included.
When I was younger, I practice skating and nobody was showering; in most of the cases we had no facilities at all (very basic training ground), but even when we could (competitions were in equipped places), nobody did, also from other teams

BillnotWill

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Similar to above posters, we always showered after swim practices. Also, when we had morning practices for baseball we would shower, but not so much after afternoon practices...we would just go home (or go eat) and shower.

Ive always done sports and, used the showers when the shyness went away a bit, this is football (soccer), cricket and racket sports. Most from the age of late teens use them, naked. Sometimes the lower age range shower in their shorts of underwear etc as shy

D

deleted747325

in basic training, we had 5 showers for 22 people, and usually had only 15 mins after PT for showers, so it would be 1 in for getting wet, then next one goes in while you soap up, then swap over to wash off after. we have all seen everything of eachother

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's generational, but reading about all of the young people who are afraid to shower and yet will walk around after working out/playing sports without washing kinda grosses me out. I'd rather stand next to a washed naked man in the showers than next to an unwashed dressed one in the hallways.

BillnotWill

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's generational, but reading about all of the young people who are afraid to shower and yet will walk around after working out/playing sports without washing kinda grosses me out. I'd rather stand next to a washed naked man in the showers than next to an unwashed dressed one in the hallways.
So true!

It was just something every guy did automatically when I was younger, and I still do to this day. I cannot do exercise and not shower immediately after. It's unhygienic, smells bad and feels fucking gross not to do so. I don't get guys nowadays that would rather smell like shit for the day, or drive home stinky and sweaty in their car to shower at home rather than take a shower at the gym out of fear that other guys will see that they actually have a penis - GASP! News flash for those guys: every guy has one, so we already know what they look like. Having a penis is what makes a guy a guy in the first place!

D

deleted907269

I wanted to know your experience about showering after sport; I don't mean fitness center experiences, I rather mean competing in some sport. Which sports are more open to nakedness than others?
If you took/take a shower (which implies seeing other mates naked), which sport did/do you practice? If not, is it a common behavior fo shower at home?
Does/did your coach shower with you? have you ever seen him naked?
Have you ever remarked different habits with mates not belonging to your club in sport competitions? maybe international ones?

Rugby is not only open to nudity but encourages it.
After training or playing, coming together to the locker room, getting naked and under the hot showers is as much if a team building experience and any of coach's speeches.
We are all big lads and banter is intrinsic to the rugby life, and with banter comes lots of harmless nudity.
Sometimes we'll end up so full of mud that the team has to hose down outside the locker room block and just run for the shower, that's how casual nudity is.
The coach/coaches shower with the team only when needed (rainy days and certain victory celebrations)
Some of the new lads need a crash course in manliness and being naked around teammates, but they never struggle more than a day.

GoingOnABoeing

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I always shower after working out. I feel better and often I'll meet up for a date afterwards. If she decides to be generous I want to make sure I smell nice.

One of my gym buddies always did the towel dance and try and put his underwear on while still covered up. One day he tripped himself doing it and gave us a good laugh. It's weird that some people have such a hang up over nudity.