Showers after sport

easytwist

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
At university I played on the Rugby team and was on the swim team.

For both we would shower in the communal showers after games / training.

Maybe it’s part of the culture of the sport, but the Rugby changing rooms were quite ‘laddy’ - there was a lot of joking around, banter, practical jokes. Usually my teammates spent longer naked as well, and were generally completely at ease walking around naked, sometimes even showing off.

The swim team were not as open, but we still used to shower naked together.

I kind of equate rugby showers with hockey showers, the Canadian equivalent I suppose. Its the same mentality, a bit like Vegas - what happens here stays here, etc.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I’ve participated in 7 day biking events, and there were always trailers with showers at the campsites. Everyone showered, of course. The men’s and women’s showers were individual shower stalls with curtains, but a common dressing area. Most of the guys would just peel off their gear, drop it on the bench, and hop into the shower. If it was a group of friends, lots of talking about the day and the miles and sights. Nobody was really too shy, although there were always a few who would undress in the shower stall.

BMJ31

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Also if the sports size rankings thing seems weird, it was confirmed by a buddy of mine who works in sports. At least that some baseball players turn out to be surprisingly big and I think most people would expect more from football locker rooms.
Dats a dumb statement... Size has nothing to do with sports... Wtf

S_Dick

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve participated in 7 day biking events, and there were always trailers with showers at the campsites. Everyone showered, of course. The men’s and women’s showers were individual shower stalls with curtains, but a common dressing area. Most of the guys would just peel off their gear, drop it on the bench, and hop into the shower. If it was a group of friends, lots of talking about the day and the miles and sights. Nobody was really too shy, although there were always a few who would undress in the shower stall.
Same @StuJr I have done several multi day bike rides. The big communal showers at the campsite are usually a free for all. By 200 miles in, no one gives a shit about modesty, guys are just standing in line for the 3 - 4 showers naked or in their compression shorts. Exhausted and elated to be done for the day. It's a sight to behold.

Anyone else hating that they can't shower after working out at their gym? Due to COVID, the locker room and showers are still closed. Nothing grosser that driving home in your own sweat and stink after a heavy workout. I'll never understand how people could do this pre-COVID.

Anyone else hating that they can't shower after working out at their gym? Due to COVID, the locker room and showers are still closed. Nothing grosser that driving home in your own sweat and stink after a heavy workout. I'll never understand how people could do this pre-COVID.
Absolutely!

Reactions: AG08

LENWOOD01

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Also if the sports size rankings thing seems weird, it was confirmed by a buddy of mine who works in sports. At least that some baseball players turn out to be surprisingly big and I think most people would expect more from football locker rooms.
I only showered with football and Wreslting teams in high school... once because the wrestling team who need to make weight had to take a aerobics class before school started and ... apparently the baseball team practiced early before school started ... got to see the varsity baseball guys in the showers and ... man those guys where hung... not sayin all baseball players agree hung ... but the varsity baseball team that year....at my school ... geez ... still jack off to them ...

LENWOOD01

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Our Basketball and track teams didn’t shower... after practice... but we did have a nude run with the team as a bonding ritual before the state track meet... Cross Country guys and The Sprinters where definitely most hung... can’t speak on the basketball team from personal experience... but the ones I’ve seen just as friends and as cross sports ... I imagine they were packin the most

JaimeB

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Our Basketball and track teams didn’t shower... after practice... but we did have a nude run with the team as a bonding ritual before the state track meet... Cross Country guys and The Sprinters where definitely most hung... can’t speak on the basketball team from personal experience... but the ones I’ve seen just as friends and as cross sports ... I imagine they were packin the most
I had a college roommate who ran cross country. Dude had massive quads and a big tight ass. He was also hung fairly big and pretty thick. I got pretty used to seeing him bareass; he wasn’t shy about lying around naked on weekends.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I am ecstatic to report that I returned to the gym this week after a 4-month absence. My gym never closed for the second shut down. In fact, I don't know that any gyms in my area (small town/suburbs) shut down after reopening last Summer. So, it was extremely frustrating knowing that most people I know kept going. A few of my closest friends though stopped as well. We all had Covid or were at least exposed to it (I have antibodies -- even though I never got sick beyond being exhausted for a couple of days).

Sadly, I learned one of my favorite members (a beefy 30-year old guy who didn't believe in manscaping) moved away a few weeks ago. Still, that didn't dampen my enthusiasm for being back.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also if the sports size rankings thing seems weird, it was [ confirmed by a buddy of mine who works in sports. At least that some baseball players turn out to be surprisingly big and I think most people would expect more from football locker rooms.
I'm not sure there's any significant difference in average size for different sports. However, I played football in high school (9-12) and college, and wrestled in high school.

In high school, the football players tended to be average or even somewhat small-average, although maybe a little on the thick side. Stubby. Not what you'd expect. This could have been partly due to the "fat pads" associated with stockier builds, especially on line men. The swimming team would often end up showering with us. They, on the other hand, looked noticeably larger. Like the mushroom squad meets the asparagus troop. I remember a couple times when this was the cause of some good-natured teasing by some of the swimmers.

It was just the opposite in college football; they tended to be on the large or large average side, with a couple of real "monsters". Of course, this could have been due to the fact that half were black, whereas in high school we had no blacks on our team.

Wrestlers seemed to have more "outliers", i.e., those noticeably big and noticeably small (like me). From what I could see of basketball players, they seemed surprisingly average considering their height. One really tall and gangly, ginger-haired, freckle-faced player stood out like a sore thumb: he had a really short, super skinny penis, like a pink worm. What made it worse was he obviously seemed self-conscious about it; tense, on his guard.

These differences were most probably simply due to what they call a sampling error in polling. It'd probably even out over hundreds of teams.

. . . I think most people would expect more from football locker rooms.
I can attest to the expectation factor about football players. I know from experience most expected more between my legs. I'm tall (6'3"), well-built, and hairy-chested, the typical super-masculine jock. However, I'm hung like a chipmunk; soft, the head barely pokes out of my pubic hair. I'm sure that tall, ginger-haired basketball player was subject to even greater expectations. I'm 6'3"; he was probably 6'6" or 6'7", with the typical basketball player build. Imagine how big everyone thought his cock would be. After all, don't tall guys have big dicks?

My region has just entered the orange zone which means locker rooms and showers should reopen next week. I’m looking forward to naked time with my hot fitness instructor.

My region has just entered the orange zone which means locker rooms and showers should reopen next week. I’m looking forward to naked time with my hot fitness instructor.

I'm pissed off as fuck that they are still closed for at least another week even though they are now allowed to be open. :mad: Another week of smelling and feeling like shit after a workout. I pulled a Karen and complained to the manager about it. They sure don't mind taking my money every month for a service I pay a premium on, and they're not providing. It was understandable when there was a government order in place, but there isn't now, and it's unacceptable. OK rant over...:emoji_angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: slipmoisi