Showers after sport

Hungstraight

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
At university I played on the Rugby team and was on the swim team.

For both we would shower in the communal showers after games / training.

Maybe it’s part of the culture of the sport, but the Rugby changing rooms were quite ‘laddy’ - there was a lot of joking around, banter, practical jokes. Usually my teammates spent longer naked as well, and were generally completely at ease walking around naked, sometimes even showing off.

The swim team were not as open, but we still used to shower naked together.

Maybe it’s part of the culture of the sport, but the Rugby changing rooms were quite ‘laddy’ - there was a lot of joking around, banter, practical jokes. Usually my teammates spent longer naked as well, and were generally completely at ease walking around naked, sometimes even showing off.

I've noticed that here as well. It's ironic that guys who wear the skimpiest clothing (Speedo bikinis) to exercise in which reveal everything are the least willing to strip off and get naked with the guys after in the locker room and open shower.

Last edited by a moderator:

herrjojo

Cherished Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@wildcat16 wow, you're totally right. But I've never thought of it. I have a friend that I play basketball with a few nights a week after work. He was the most towel dancing fool for the 5 years we've been playing. A few months ago he got his wife pregnant, and ever since then he has been walking around the locker room with the towel over his shoulder. He is way more comfortable with his nudity. Throwing his towel on the sauna bench, and just sitting on top of it, letting his balls and cock hang down. Something he would never have done three months ago.

I have been pretty comfortable with my nudity in the locker room since high school. Seeing the seniors and realizing its no big deal. It is just the way you do it. But this is new for this guy. If it took getting his wife pregnant to realize no one was going to think he was gay, good for him. Glad he finally joined the pack. I just hadn't realized that was the catalyst until you mentioned it with your buddies.
Don't be toxic... it's the toxic hetero macho culture that makes men feel it's not OK to be this way.

BigDStories

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Seems like rugby teams are the most comfortable by far with locker room nudity

S_Dick

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Same, I played soccer and ran track in both college and high school. The soccer guys were way more free with their nudity, practical jokes, and general showing off. Where as the runners we much more reserves, both in high school and college. Maybe that is because running, like swimming, is an individual sport if you really get down to it. Whereas Rugby and soccer are team sports, your team plays and wins as one. Maybe that has something to do with it.

In college I ran the 4x4 and 4x8 relays. Me and the three other guys I ran with had to be attached at the hip from dawn till past dusk, training, lifting, and running together. That extended into classes together, eating together and general horseplay and practical jokes on one another. We also showered together at least once a day after practice which made us all very comfortable with one another. That general ease spread to the rest of the team in the time I was there.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Maybe that is because running, like swimming, is an individual sport if you really get down to it. Whereas Rugby and soccer are team sports, your team plays and wins as one. Maybe that has something to do with it.

It does. The camaraderie of a team effort really lowers your guard and boosts your trust of fellow teammates -- especially when you win. Even though you can win as a team on track and in swimming -- you're not working together the same way you are in rugby, soccer, football, baseball, hockey, etc.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
wish we had some pictures. Nothing wrong with guys with small to average dicks. I find it hot
Same.

I love big and athletic guys who are only average. Average means they are the same size as most people -- which means what you see is pretty much what you should expect. Actually smaller is okay on a great body. Huge dongs (and unshaved pubes) turn me off. I'm more of an ass man anyway!

freeballininnyc

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
toxic masculinity in action

No. It's called being an adult. Do what makes you happy. If your feelings about walking around in a towel OR walking around totally naked are shaped and manipulated by the supposed, not even ACTUAL, attitudes of those around you, then you are in fact, a pussy. Is has NOTHING to do with masculinity. Also, toxic masculinity is a worthless term that makes people who have issues with their lack of masculinity feel better about it by laying some sort of accusatory blame at the feet of a group of people who haven't done anything to them. See also: white privilege.

Reactions: LilJock

MSU95

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Same, I played soccer and ran track in both college and high school. The soccer guys were way more free with their nudity, practical jokes, and general showing off. Where as the runners we much more reserves, both in high school and college. Maybe that is because running, like swimming, is an individual sport if you really get down to it. Whereas Rugby and soccer are team sports, your team plays and wins as one. Maybe that has something to do with it.

In college I ran the 4x4 and 4x8 relays. Me and the three other guys I ran with had to be attached at the hip from dawn till past dusk, training, lifting, and running together. That extended into classes together, eating together and general horseplay and practical jokes on one another. We also showered together at least once a day after practice which made us all very comfortable with one another. That general ease spread to the rest of the team in the time I was there.
I played everything offered in school: football, basketball, baseball and track. We didn't have soccer, rugby or swimming but I continued with track in college and was the most comfortable in those locker room situations. Like you said, I think it's because it's less of a team activity so everyone's shower time can be more staggered. The most intimidating locker room situation was baseball, followed by basketball. Football was mostly comfortable for me. Maybe there's something about guys being rowdier in the spring and about to be on summer break. But to answer the original prompt of this thread, that's how I would rank the relative "size" of the participants of each sport too, baseball down to football. Just my personal experience, doubt there's any science behind it, but interested to read other posts in this thread. Also, coaches showering with us was rare but happened. Never in college but more when I was younger, think this has to do with coaching and teaching schedules.

MSU95

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I played everything offered in school: football, basketball, baseball and track. We didn't have soccer, rugby or swimming but I continued with track in college and was the most comfortable in those locker room situations. Like you said, I think it's because it's less of a team activity so everyone's shower time can be more staggered. The most intimidating locker room situation was baseball, followed by basketball. Football was mostly comfortable for me. Maybe there's something about guys being rowdier in the spring and about to be on summer break. But to answer the original prompt of this thread, that's how I would rank the relative "size" of the participants of each sport too, baseball down to football. Just my personal experience, doubt there's any science behind it, but interested to read other posts in this thread. Also, coaches showering with us was rare but happened. Never in college but more when I was younger, think this has to do with coaching and teaching schedules.
Also if the sports size rankings thing seems weird, it was confirmed by a buddy of mine who works in sports. At least that some baseball players turn out to be surprisingly big and I think most people would expect more from football locker rooms.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In my experience, the big and beefy guys are rarely well endowed. I think the contrast is appealing. The lean, gangly guys were more likely to be well hung. In gym class of a size of 30s guys -- you'd find 2 who were well hung, 1 who was very tiny -- and the rest of us were about the same. I showered with wrestlers, football players, baseball players and basketball players. All were pretty much the same (and some played in 2-3 of the above sports). I only ever played in hockey -- and again -- pretty much the same.

justjoe2

Sexy Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Played Rugby in college as well and the atmosphere after practice or a match was always totally laid back in the showers. Nudity was never an issue and not a single guy had a hang up about it. Do agree that it is part of the culture more with Rugby than any other sport, at least from my experience. The bond between the team was always there. Sure there were guys who weren't your favorite and fucked up plays but you still had their back no matter what and I think that is what kept the bond strong during a match, in the locker room, and at the post parties. Very fortunate if you have a bud with a bond like that outside of sports, not an easy thing to build it seems.