Sexuality
Asexual

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here’s a joke I just heard, I don’t think it’s sexist, but see what you think:

A woman Navy Chief is walking along the beach in Hawaii one evening when she spots a strange looking object. She picks it up, it glistens in the lowering sunshine, rubs it, and SHAZAM! A great blue genie appears.

“Wow! Are you really a genie?” Asks the Chief.

“Sure am,” says the genie.

“Do I get three wishes?”, asks the Chief.

“Sorry,” says the genie. “That’s just a myth. I’m a one-wish genie. What’s your wish, Chief?”

The Chief thinks for a minute, then says, “I’d like for there to be peace in the Middle East.”

The genie looks at the Chief and says, “Chief, that’s asking for a lot. I’m good, but I’m not THAT good. I’ve been bottled up over 500 years, and those people have been fighting and hating on each other for much longer than that. Can you give me something a little easier?”

The Chief thinks again, and says, “I want a man like I’ve never found in my life, one who is kind and considerate, will cook and clean and take care of the chores, who likes my friends and family, doesn’t watch sports, drink, smoke, or carouse, and who puts me at the center of his universe.”

The genie lets out a big sigh, and says, “Can we look at the map of the Middle East?”

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Here’s a joke I just heard, I don’t think it’s sexist, but see what you think:

A woman Navy Chief is walking along the beach in Hawaii one evening when she spots a strange looking object. She picks it up, it glistens in the lowering sunshine, rubs it, and SHAZAM! A great blue genie appears.

“Wow! Are you really a genie?” Asks the Chief.

“Sure am,” says the genie.

“Do I get three wishes?”, asks the Chief.

“Sorry,” says the genie. “That’s just a myth. I’m a one-wish genie. What’s your wish, Chief?”

The Chief thinks for a minute, then says, “I’d like for there to be peace in the Middle East.”

The genie looks at the Chief and says, “Chief, that’s asking for a lot. I’m good, but I’m not THAT good. I’ve been bottled up over 500 years, and those people have been fighting and hating on each other for much longer than that. Can you give me something a little easier?”

The Chief thinks again, and says, “I want a man like I’ve never found in my life, one who is kind and considerate, will cook and clean and take care of the chores, who likes my friends and family, doesn’t watch sports, drink, smoke, or carouse, and who puts me at the center of his universe.”

The genie lets out a big sigh, and says, “Can we look at the map of the Middle East?”

highly sexist, in its original form and in this one.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Triggered. Lolololol.

Not exactly... I'm actually laughing at your weak-ass attempt to hurt fefes.

Do you feel like your peepee is an inch bigger now? Do you feel valid?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
If only we could see more men shutting down sexist jokes from women

That actually happened to me in the politics section.

@Motion-of-the-Ocean called me out when I made a joke about guys with small dick's needing big guns. He was right. It's not funny, it's just sexist and cliche. So I won't be making that joke again in the future.

I will however continue to call men out when they're acting like assholes at women just because they want to be "triggering".

D

deleted10500801

This tactic only works if the person has some shame, don’t try this on a known bigot it will just empower them

The real key is starting dialogue. Shaming people by calling them out and putting them on the spot doesn't solve anything. In fact it often has unintended consequences and as your correctly say emboldens the bigot - and can cause more harm if the person has a mental health issue.

Also a lot of people who call out, tend to have the same black and white moralistic thinking as the bigot.

Reactions: Stu311

Mount Phalic

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The key is for some people to not take everything so personally. This is a site made up almost exclusively by men for men. If women want to venture in that’s all well and good but STOP trying to change the behavior of some of the members to gain special treatment. Ignore the jokes that are made at the expense of your sex. Men do this every day.

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The key is for some people to not take everything so personally. This is a site made up almost exclusively by men for men. If women want to venture in that’s all well and good but STOP trying to change the behavior of some of the members to gain special treatment. Ignore the jokes that are made at the expense of your sex. Men do this every day.
Where does it say on the original post that this thread was started based on something from this site? I must have missed that. Interesting that you chose to assume that it's about posting here and that we need to be told the 'key' about how to act on here. And by interesting, I mean typical. You can save yourself the trouble of replying that I'm triggered, because that would be typical too.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Do you feel the same way about gay jokes?

@Hungus - marginalized people have been trying to start a dialog for too long now. My personal approach is to respond with identity-withering retorts. Like, if I can wound that person's idea of who they are, their place in society and maybe squeeze a tear...chef's fucking kiss.

Cuz, really, people who drop problematic jokes are desperately trying to shore up a crumbling pretense of power/control.

Last edited: