Smell Down Below

D

deleted59763

The lady, you took a shower and cleaned like you always have before sex. You feel you are clean and fresh .
The man,you go down on her like you have many times before, but you notice a not so good smell,a smell to where you cant soldier through it.
Question to the women is,how is the man supposed to tell you this without offending you or hurting your feelings?
No this isn't a woman that has cheated or doesn't know how to clean herself properly, and it is a smell I never smelled of before, she has had a hysterectomy and was wondering if her once a month friend doesn't show up anymore, that could be the self cleaning problem to lead to the smell??

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*Not a medical professional. Does have a cooter I am responsible for maintaining*

Do you mind sharing the extent of her hysterectomy? Were her ovaries removed as well?

Most likely culprits are a hormonal changes following surgery. Or, she's got some PH issues. Surgery is a big deal and recovery can be extended. Her body had to reset everything.

Both are something she needs to be aware of. Her healthcare team might also need to know depending what prompted surgery in the first place.

How to tell her? Not during. Just move on to other things.

In a chill, neutral moment ask her how she is feeling. Ask her if she's noticed any changes herself. Maybe ask about her last follow up visit. Then very tactfully mention that you noticed she smelled/tasted different.

Never an easy conversation to have. There is a chance she's going to be hurt or upset. But it has to be done. You can't bravely soldier on, and she can't potentially leave a condition untreated.

D

deleted59763

*Not a medical professional. Does have a cooter I am responsible for maintaining*

Do you mind sharing the extent of her hysterectomy? Were her ovaries removed as well?

Most likely culprits are a hormonal changes following surgery. Or, she's got some PH issues. Surgery is a big deal and recovery can be extended. Her body had to reset everything.

Both are something she needs to be aware of. Her healthcare team might also need to know depending what prompted surgery in the first place.

How to tell her? Not during. Just move on to other things.

In a chill, neutral moment ask her how she is feeling. Ask her if she's noticed any changes herself. Maybe ask about her last follow up visit. Then very tactfully mention that you noticed she smelled/tasted different.

Never an easy conversation to have. There is a chance she's going to be hurt or upset. But it has to be done. You can't bravely soldier on, and she can't potentially leave a condition untreated.
Thank you very much,yes her ovaries were removed also,thinking I will just have her make Dr. appointment and tell her just to make sure all is ok. It has been over a year sense surgery, again thank you.

Reactions: MickeyLee
D

deleted59763

Has she changed her diet, exercise routine or smoking/drinking habits?

any new medications?
None that I know of,all that has changed is she has gained some weight, which means nothing to me,think before the surgery the dr. told her she would have swelly belly after ,we both laugh at how it didn't go away. But that is what happens to some women that have a hysterectomy. And as drinking, sense the surgery she gave that up completely, thank you

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thank you very much,yes her ovaries were removed also,thinking I will just have her make Dr. appointment and tell her just to make sure all is ok. It has been over a year sense surgery, again thank you.

Happy to help. It's nice to see menfolk concerned and involved with their lady friend's health/sexual wellness.

Gold star!

Reactions: deleted59763

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
None that I know of,all that has changed is she has gained some weight, which means nothing to me,think before the surgery the dr. told her she would have swelly belly after ,we both laugh at how it didn't go away. But that is what happens to some women that have a hysterectomy. And as drinking, sense the surgery she gave that up completely, thank you
So, she changed her drinking habits, gained weight (fat or muscle?).
I’m betting she is eating differently, and her estrogen if not replaced, has vanished.
All will cause changes in taste and smell.

D

deleted59763

So, she changed her drinking habits, gained weight (fat or muscle?).
I’m betting she is eating differently, and her estrogen if not replaced, has vanished.
All will cause changes in taste and smell.
Once I get her to go to Dr. will let you know what she has to say,thank you all.

Reactions: MickeyLee