Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The moon landing was faked, so why not Mars? *

th

2e48d2cfa4e1ab6e2722dda018ca34ac.jpg

People-in-the-Moon-Landing-Hoax.jpg

* We really need a sarcasm Emoji in case they think I'm on their side ;).

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It's an interesting and intriguing way of looking at it. Never really occurred to me.

Peninsulas, land's end points, and other auspicious geographical points. Like they attract a certain type of people.
As do mountains. Places we could in theory get quite lost

Reactions: T_Lurch

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Went to the moon with a Hasselbad. Took excellent photos.

I thought Hasselbad was the name of the band put together by that guy from Baywatch and Knight Rider?

Either way, I still say it was just a mannequin in a spacesuit since we never actually saw the faces of either dude while on the moon.

Reactions: T_Lurch

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Moon landing deniers cite the fact that no stars are visible in the sky in the photos taken on the Moon as evidence that those photos were actually taken indoors on Earth. Yeah, they're that dumb. (Strictly speaking, this displays only ignorance, not stupidity; but to arrive at adulthood in such a state of ignorance you have to be stupid.)

I still have no idea what QAnon is. I've heard of it, I've looked it up and never really got a consistent answer.
The best source that I know of, or at least a very amusing and seemingly well-informed one (e.g., they were interviewing the QAnon Shaman months before the insurrection at the Capitol), is the podcast series QAnon Anonymous, which is now in its 132nd episode. Its first episode is a general introduction to Q: Episode 1: Introduction to QAnon

There is a current thread on the topic, in case you are interested: Q-anon

T

T_Lurch

The Moon landing deniers cite the fact that no stars are visible in the sky in the photos taken on the Moon as evidence that those photos were actually taken indoors on Earth. Yeah, they're that dumb. (Strictly speaking, this displays only ignorance, not stupidity; but to arrive at adulthood in such a state of ignorance you have to be stupid.)

The best source that I know of, or at least a very amusing and seemingly well-informed one (e.g., they were interviewing the QAnon Shaman months before the insurrection at the Capitol), is the podcast series QAnon Anonymous, which is now in its 132nd episode. Its first episode is a general introduction to Q: Episode 1: Introduction to QAnon

There is a current thread on the topic, in case you are interested: Q-anon
You can actually explain the lack of stars easily in the moon landing shot: the moon is extremely bright and anytime you have a lot of ambient lighting, the stars become impossible to see. The same with photos of the Earth; its radiance diminishes the stars'. You can see this phenomenon when you are in the city and then go out into a rural area. Get away from a source of bright light in space and the stars become much more numerous and apparent. The Dark Sky Project is one that explains and researches the harmful effects of excessive light on nature and animals at night.

I'll have to check it out. I stay out off the politics section, but for learning purposes I'll give it a look see.

S

superbot

I've noticed that posts on Facebook about the InSight Mars lander have been attracting comments that scoff at the idea that there is any such lander. I don't know whether the people who write these comments believe that there has never been any exploration of extraterrestrial space at all or if it is just the Mars mission that they believe to be a hoax. Do they think that the Earth is flat, or are they selective in which space-exploration projects they believe to be bogus? I saw one comment on the first photo from Mars that said, "They want you to think that Mars is an uninhabited planet." I don't know if this person believed that no craft has landed on Mars or if he believed that there really is a Mars lander but the photos are being selected to exclude views of Martians.

Any enlightenment from Mars-landing deniers on this site?
Why even address this? We all know the world is full bonkers individuals,why give then the oxygen of publicity,its what the little bed-wetters want!

artur12345

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Why even address this? We all know the world is full bonkers individuals,why give then the oxygen of publicity,its what the little bed-wetters want!
I think it should be addressed in some fashion because the public opion seems skewed toward the idea that any idea/opinion is as valid as another one, there's a definite erosion of the role of experts and erudites in the public arena. I think this wave of anti-intellectualism spreads damage to every part of our society, with ramifications that are not easily predictable but almost invariably damaging.
50 years ago someone spewing such bullshit would have been shut down with a slur of some sort, now it's "an opinion". I feel like society as a whole is forgetting the difference between facts and opinions.
Sorry for the rant but I work in a scientific environment and I'm a little tired with the current worldwide situation of apathy regarding this subject. I noticed this pattern in all the big democracies and it's breaking my heart.

cytwombly

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Y
I've noticed that posts on Facebook about the InSight Mars lander have been attracting comments that scoff at the idea that there is any such lander. I don't know whether the people who write these comments believe that there has never been any exploration of extraterrestrial space at all or if it is just the Mars mission that they believe to be a hoax. Do they think that the Earth is flat, or are they selective in which space-exploration projects they believe to be bogus? I saw one comment on the first photo from Mars that said, "They want you to think that Mars is an uninhabited planet." I don't know if this person believed that no craft has landed on Mars or if he believed that there really is a Mars lander but the photos are being selected to exclude views of Martians.

Any enlightenment from Mars-landing deniers on this site?
You’re 100% right

O

OldFirm08

Gotta admit, this fakery , lies and non belief is soo old, it can't even be blamed on Trump or his goons for starting in the last 4 years.

Reactions: Calboner

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The stupid gets worse:

Some People Think Australia Doesn't Exist — Here's Why

The conspiracy theory that Australia doesn’t exist has gone viral over the past week, breathing new life into an old meme that has circulated on the internet since Napster and MySpace were still a thing. It was way back in 2006 that the Flat Earth Society exposed an “imaginary land” enforced by “really secret government agents”, and the conspiracy has raised its head again this month, causing great surprise, amusement and outrage among the 25 million people who’ve been told that the place they live is totally make-believe.

The author of the theory is a Swedish Facebook user named Shelley Floryd, whose exposé attracted more than 20,000 social media shares. Shelley called out “one of the biggest hoaxes ever created”, which is an extraordinary statement in itself—if the fabrication of the sixth-largest nation on Earth isn’t the biggest hoax ever created, the No.1 ruse must be an absolute whopper.

The basic theory is that Britain invented the convict colony of Australia as an excuse to execute tens of thousands of prisoners—162,000, to be precise—under the guise of transporting them to this faraway territory. Today, everyone is in on the prank, right down to the airline pilots ferrying tourists to decoy islands and the actors playing the part, like some real-life version of The Truman Show.

“All things you call ‘proof’ are actually well fabricated lies and documents made by the leading governments of the world. Your Australian friends? They’re all actors and computer generated personas, part of the plot to trick the world,” wrote Shelley, in what could possibly be the most trailblazing geographical discovery since Aristotle proved the Earth was round.

“If you think you’ve ever been to Australia, you’re terribly wrong. The plane pilots are all in on this, and have in all actuality only flown you to islands close nearby–or in some cases, parts of South America, where they have cleared space and hired actors to act out as real Australians.”​

One wonders how these people are able to tie their shoes without accidentally strangling themselves.

T

T_Lurch

The stupid gets worse:

Some People Think Australia Doesn't Exist — Here's Why

The conspiracy theory that Australia doesn’t exist has gone viral over the past week, breathing new life into an old meme that has circulated on the internet since Napster and MySpace were still a thing. It was way back in 2006 that the Flat Earth Society exposed an “imaginary land” enforced by “really secret government agents”, and the conspiracy has raised its head again this month, causing great surprise, amusement and outrage among the 25 million people who’ve been told that the place they live is totally make-believe.

The author of the theory is a Swedish Facebook user named Shelley Floryd, whose exposé attracted more than 20,000 social media shares. Shelley called out “one of the biggest hoaxes ever created”, which is an extraordinary statement in itself—if the fabrication of the sixth-largest nation on Earth isn’t the biggest hoax ever created, the No.1 ruse must be an absolute whopper.

The basic theory is that Britain invented the convict colony of Australia as an excuse to execute tens of thousands of prisoners—162,000, to be precise—under the guise of transporting them to this faraway territory. Today, everyone is in on the prank, right down to the airline pilots ferrying tourists to decoy islands and the actors playing the part, like some real-life version of The Truman Show.

“All things you call ‘proof’ are actually well fabricated lies and documents made by the leading governments of the world. Your Australian friends? They’re all actors and computer generated personas, part of the plot to trick the world,” wrote Shelley, in what could possibly be the most trailblazing geographical discovery since Aristotle proved the Earth was round.

“If you think you’ve ever been to Australia, you’re terribly wrong. The plane pilots are all in on this, and have in all actuality only flown you to islands close nearby–or in some cases, parts of South America, where they have cleared space and hired actors to act out as real Australians.”​

One wonders how these people are able to tie their shoes without accidentally strangling themselves.
Or chew food without choking.

Where can I turn in my membership to the human race?
a6d924e164179dc5bd412d57634004e0_w200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rbkwp
J

joshuaamitai

I'm not a denier myself; I think the idea that the moon landing was fabricated and that there's life on Mars is extremely unlikely. We have evidence of the moon landing and souvenirs.

The Martian atmosphere is carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and argon. Add to that the fact that there's no water to be found there makes the prospect of life highly unlikely. The only thing I could think of that could survive in such an environment are anaerobic microorganisms. Of course, I'm not a scientist or xenobiologist, so who knows?

If they want to settle the debate once and for all, why not stream live video from the Martian rovers? Then people could see on the internet feed whether there's actually sentient life running around, or just a lot of iron oxide dust blowing around.
Extremely unlikely to have water on mars and water on the moon ? do you follow mainstream science at all ?
why not show the feed from mars live "is to be able to filter out live screen findings of water animals , plant life and structures made by mars goblins ! There is a abundance of water on mars !