Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Any other members compete in Spartan races?

@AlphaMale and I earned our Trifecta last year, and have 6 on our schedule this year.

Thought it would be fun to see if there were any other Spartan or OCR competitors here?

Last edited:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've done 3 Tough Mudders, not the same but pretty much..

I should have clarified better and included any OCR events.

We have a lot of fun and have met some great people!! :)

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Any in the NY/Boston area?
Well, a bit too close in time, but there is a "Sprint" (3 miles and 20+ obstacles) this Saturday at the Tuxedo Ridge Ski Ctr, in Tuxedo NY.

The others I could find was a Super (8+ miles and 24+ obstacles) in Barks, MA on 8/13/16 and another Sprint at Fenway Park in Boston on 12/11/16.

There's probably more. You can search on Spartan.com :)

Reactions: AlphaMale

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

@AlphaMale and I earned our Trifecta last year, and have 6 on our schedule this year.

Thought it would be fun to see if there were any other Spartan or OCR competitors here?

Aroo.

Did the world championship race in Tahoe last year. Broke my foot in the last mile. One of the best days of my life.

Varsity Adam

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, a bit too close in time, but there is a "Sprint" (3 miles and 20+ obstacles) this Saturday at the Tuxedo Ridge Ski Ctr, in Tuxedo NY.

The others I could find was a Super (8+ miles and 24+ obstacles) in Barks, MA on 8/13/16 and another Sprint at Fenway Park in Boston on 12/11/16.

There's probably more. You can search on Spartan.com :)
Cool thx

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Aroo.

Did the world championship race in Tahoe last year. Broke my foot in the last mile. One of the best days of my life.
AROO!!

Will you be there this year?

Last year we chose a Beast that was in So Cal the weekend before, but I personally wish we would have chose Tahoe instead.

We'll be there this year for sure!!

Reactions: jaap_stam

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
AROO!!

Last year we chose a Beast that was in So Cal the weekend before, but I personally wish we would have chose Tahoe instead.

Unfortunately, I'll be in South Africa :( BUT, after months of begging and pleading, I've finally convinced my girlfriend to sign up for a race, and we'll do the sprint in Sacramento together.

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
AROO!!

Oh, and I highly suggest doing some altitude training before doing the beast in Tahoe :D Hard lessons learned...

Reactions: Countryguy63

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Unfortunately, I'll be in South Africa :( BUT, after months of begging and pleading, I've finally convinced my girlfriend to sign up for a race, and we'll do the sprint in Sacramento together.

If we decide to do a triple next year, that will be one of the races included. We're only doing a double this year and already have it mapped out.

Oh, and I highly suggest doing some altitude training before doing the beast in Tahoe :D Hard lessons learned...

I've definitely heard that, plus I'm going to check out some 2ml wetsuit material for the swim. Hypothermia isn't my favorite, lol

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If we decide to do a triple next year, that will be one of the races included. We're only doing a double this year and already have it mapped out.

I've definitely heard that, plus I'm going to check out some 2ml wetsuit material for the swim. Hypothermia isn't my favorite, lol

How long does it take you to swim 50m? Not at all saying the water isn't freezing, but you might be in and out of the water in the time it takes to get a wetsuit on and off!

D

deleted1045254

I have done three tough mudder signed up for a fourth. Would love to do a Spartan. Just not in my state yet. But have done a number of other obstical races love them

Reactions: sangheili90