Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Which nation do you live in?

In the UK most guys on beaches are in their everyday wear (say jeans) or in shorts, including swim shorts. Speedos are unusual but they are worn. The UK also has plenty of naturist beaches if you feel over-dressed in speedos. UK pools have swim-shorts and speedos. Some continental pools require speedos.

If you want to wear them I don't see the problem. They should be speedos not posing pouches (unless you are on THAT sort of beach!) and for the benefit of everyone else you should have a halfway decent physique.

carjockyyc

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear mine all the time. Don't really care what others think. I am not wearing to show off, I wear them because I find them very comfortable to wear.

I was on a Caribbean cruise a few months ago. On the stop to the cruise lines private island, I was surprised at the number of guys wearing a speedo under their board shorts. When we first took up our beach chairs i was the only guy in a speedo. As the hours pasted some of the men around us droped the shorts and showed off the speedo. Its funny how when some men are not around anyone they know the speedo comes out. They are too embarrassed to be seen in them by friends and family.

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hi there

i really want to get some speedos to wear on the beach

how many other guys wear them?

do yu get any comments?

If you want to wear speedos then go for it. Hopefully, you have a body that goes well with them - ie no paunch, no forest on your shoulders, and something between your legs that's worth highlighting in wet elastane or nylon.

If you want some top quality all-nylon speedos, check out Caussies online. They're an Australian brand and come in black, navy and maroon. I purchased them direct from the manufacturer. Speedy delivery, reasonable prices and excellent pre and post-sales service.

As for comments, well, I mix it up a bit and have yet to provoke any adverse reaction. I generally wear board shorts to the beach but I wear speedos underneath and strip down to them when sunbathing. At the pool, where my chief focus is laps, I wear speedos for practical reasons - they dry quickly and they streamline the body. Speedos are always worn when playing water polo - it's a brutal sport - lots of nut-crunching from one's opponents and they try to drag you underwater. It's harder to grab a pair of speedos than it is any other form of swimwear.

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I had a suit on it was a speedo type. I did this up till I was in my 60s. My body type allowed this, also I come from the era when we men knew we all had a cock and didn't worry about showing a bulge. My advice is if you like the fit and coverage of a speedo wear it . You can work on the weight to bring it down if you like.

Reactions: openfly and rayray

hckyfan03

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
hi there

i really want to get some speedos to wear on the beach

how many other guys wear them?

do yu get any comments?

I do not wear a speedo. Not because I wouldn't look good in one or because I wouldn't fill it out or because I would have a bulge. It's more than that they are just thought of as creepy and out of style.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hcky. I never said they did. I also did not quote you to relate my comment towards your comment. Was certainly not trying to make you upset. I was speaking generally to the thread topic. All I said was if a bikini style is too brief some prefer square cuts. The trend in South CA, while not bikini, is shorter and tighter than ever in walking shorts and swimwear at least with those in the mod of fashion. Square cuts are cool. My gay friends mix and match styles but I have had three straight buddies switch to square cuts from Boxers this year when beach side .

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I had a suit on it was a speedo type. I did this up till I was in my 60s. My body type allowed this, also I come from the era when we men knew we all had a cock and didn't worry about showing a bulge. My advice is if you like the fit and coverage of a speedo wear it . You can work on the weight to bring it down if you like.

I like your comment about changing attitudes. Men are being emasculated. It's a gradual process that seems to have gathered in pace over the last thirty or forty years. No sooner were women free to wear the skimpiest of bikinis and the shortest of micro-mini skirts than they began to carp about guys' junk being discernible in speedos. Nowadays, even one's fellow man thinks it's creepy to wear them. We have been brainwashed into believing such a display is almost indecent at the beach or swimming pool.

Women have breasts and pubic mounds. Men have dicks and balls. But some insane agenda takes over when it comes to swimwear. One sex dresses to accentuate its differences; the other sex dresses to mask its differences. It's NOT gay or obscene to have sex organs. A lot of guys admit to being proud to display a nice bulge in jeans and yet they think it wrong to wear speedos. I guess bike shorts will be the next thing to come under fire. Not that I wear them - I'm not a cyclist - but I expect we will one day have cyclists wearing overalls in the Tour de France!

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's my feeling that men in America are embarrassed to wear them , for fear that people will think they are Gay. Not mention afraid someone will see what they are packing. Plus it's not the standard , big baggie, cover your body from the waist down to the knee, known as the board short. Guys need to get over all this and just wear them, and the change will slowly come around.