Stay Off Subject Thread

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Been feeling a little adrift and directionless in my life lately so I've adopted a role model for myself, I think he will really turn things around for me :

Ralph_Wiggum.png

Reactions: DiamondJoe

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Queen Nanny, Granny Nanny or Nanny or Nanny of the Maroons (c. 1686 – c. 1755), was an 18th-century leader of the Jamaican Maroons. She led a community of formerly enslaved Africans called the Windward Maroons.[1] In the early 18th century, under the leadership of Nanny, the Windward Maroons fought a guerrilla war over many years against British authorities in the Colony of Jamaica in what became known as the First Maroon War.

Much of what is known about her comes from oral history, as little textual evidence exists. According to Maroon legend, Queen Nanny was born in what is today Ghana of the Akans people.[2] According to the oral tradition and at least one documentary source, she was never enslaved.[2] Although widely assumed that she arrived in Jamaica as a slave, how she arrived in Jamaica is not certain.

During the years of warfare, the British suffered significant losses in their encounters with the Windward Maroons of eastern Jamaica. Maroons attributed their success against the British to the successful use of supernatural powers by Nanny, but historians argue that the Maroon mastery of guerrilla warfare played a significant role in their success. Having failed to defeat them on the battle field, the British sued for peace signing a treaty with them on 20 April 1740.[2] The treaty stopped the hostilities, provided for state sanctioned freedom for the Maroons, and granted 500 acres of land to Nanny and her followers. The village built on the land grant still stands and today is called Moore Town. It is also known as the New Nanny Town. Modern members of the Moore Town celebrate 20 April 1740 as a holiday.

In 1975, the government of Jamaica declared Nanny as their only female national hero celebrating her success as a leader, military tactician and strategist.[3] Her image is also on the Jamaican $500 note which is called a Nanny in Jamaican slang.

From Nanny of the Maroons - Wikipedia

I would have gone skinny dipping this week, but the damn 20-hour of no electricity in -20 wind chill broke the pool equipment. :mad:

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

"...Taken together, these morphological characteristics suggest that neurons in the elephant cortex may synthesize a wider variety of input than the cortical neurons in other mammals.

In terms of cognition, my colleagues and I believe that the integrative cortical circuitry in the elephant supports the idea that they are essentially contemplative animals. Primate brains, by comparison, seem specialized for rapid decision-making and quick reactions to environmental stimuli..."

from
What elephants' unique brain structures suggest about their mental abilities (theconversation.com)

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Frum di Jamiekan Nyuu Testiment:

Wi Faada we iina evn,
mek piipl av nof rispek fi yu an yu niem.
Mek di taim kom wen yu ruul iina evri wie.
Mek we yu waahn apm pan ort apm,
jos laik ou a wa yu waahn fi apm iina evn apm
Tide gi wi di fuud we wi niid.
Paadn wi fi aal a di rang we wi du,
siem laik ou wi paadn dem we du wi rang.
An no mek wi fies notn we wi kaaz wi fi sin,
bot protek wi fram di wikid wan.

D

deleted1846971

My 2021 goal was set at 50 books. I’m now 3 books behind schedule.

DaynaTheHawk

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Drinking this drink I got when I was in Italy..."Sappe'" which is this fruit beverage with chunks of aloe in it.
I have tried lychee and pear. Both have been yummy.

D

deleted1846971

Texas is weird. Snow and ice shuts down the state a week ago. Then we were above 80. Now back to the 50’s and 40’s. Still no heat in my house though.

I've never watched "Gone With The Wind." I did see, however, Carol Burnett's "Went With The Wind."

Reactions: ActionBuddy

Does anyone know what, exactly, the point of having a state like Montana is?