Still getting wet dreams into my 20's

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I work out with a pretty meticulous regimen, which includes only ejaculating after workouts or intense physical activity. That said, I either have sex or masturbate 3 or 4x a week, normally with high volume. I've noticed that through my late teen years and now my early 20's that I'm still having fairly frequent wet dreams. Is this a common thing due to age? Or do I need to be ejaculating more?

My doctor says it is normal, but they also say that a resting heart rate of 80 is in the "normal" range, and being overweight (in Europe) is also "normal", so I take normal/average to not necessarily mean healthy.

Maybe it's normal for you. I'm in my 20s too and I've never had a wet dream before. I jerk off more than 3-4 x a week ( I usually do it 10or more times a week) but even when I didn't I never had wet dreams.

80 bpm is a pretty high hr I've always been taught that 60-70 was normal. But if applied that to myself that's height my resting he is about 57 bpm but that's normal for me.

I'm sure you having wet dreams is normal for you but if you want to jack off more there nothing stopping you.

Maybe it's normal for you. I'm in my 20s too and I've never had a wet dream before. I jerk off more than 3-4 x a week ( I usually do it 10or more times a week) but even when I didn't I never had wet dreams.

80 bpm is a pretty high hr I've always been taught that 60-70 was normal. But if applied that to myself that's height my resting he is about 57 bpm but that's normal for me.

I'm sure you having wet dreams is normal for you but if you want to jack off more there nothing stopping you.
80 bpm is not pretty high. 100+ is where high begins.

I've only had one wet dream in my life. I've gone through periods of having lots of sex and masturbating to not having any for extended periods of time and have seen no change. I didn't have sex or masturbate for 8 weeks and still didn't have a wet dream. Simply, everyone is different. 80bpm from what I've heard and read is totally normal.

In class and most labs I've had 60-70 has been the average for general population while 80 isn't extremely high it is higher than most averages. Maybe it's because we study a younger population. At the same time I had a friend in hs that had a resting HR near 100 but it was normal for him.

1) I have had maybe two wet dreams in my entire life and I am a lot (really, a lot!) older than you. In all respects, my equipment works perfectly fine, by the way.

2) As I said, I am a lot older than you (a lot!) and my resting heart rate is in the low 60's. I've been working out regularly for the last several months and have got my weight into the "normal" BMI range after dropping 27 lbs. If you are as fit as you say, I feel that 80's is very high.

That's totally normal, dude. There's about three and a half billion people with penises out there. That's a whole lot of room for variability. I wouldn't worry about it if you have more wet dreams than other guys.

1) I have had maybe two wet dreams in my entire life and I am a lot (really, a lot!) older than you. In all respects, my equipment works perfectly fine, by the way.

2) As I said, I am a lot older than you (a lot!) and my resting heart rate is in the low 60's. I've been working out regularly for the last several months and have got my weight into the "normal" BMI range after dropping 27 lbs. If you are as fit as you say, I feel that 80's is very high.

Yes the HR thing has bothered me. I'm actually in the low 70's, but I've noticed that my VO2 (recovery) has gotten pretty poor ever since I've switched over from soccer to rugby and more cross-fit type exercises. I can do burpees for days, but if I run 20 meters with a weighted sled (pulling bodyweight of around 100kg) I'm at least 30 seconds with my hands on my knees. Maybe my body is just changing - but all doctors care about is that I'm not fat, and so aren't very helpful.

As for the wet dreams, it just gets annoying to wake up with wet sheets. Makes me feel 12 years old!

Also, given your comments on another thread, are you on any medications? Psychoactive meds in particular can have some weird side effects.

I assume you are sure those wet spots are actually composed of semen and not urine, right?

Urine is the white stuff that gets crusty when it dries and smells like Callery tree, right? :D

No, I'm not on any medications, but it is possible that there is some connection. I'll have to explore that, as it's not something I've considered before.

Jaap, is age a factor here with your recovery time after high intensity work outs?

Whilst we don't like to admit it ourselves as individuals, across the population as a whole, after the late twenties athletic performance deteriorates, muscle mass reduces and recovery times increase. That's a biological fact supported by masses of evidence.

Here's some thoughts on the subject:

http://athletewithstent.com/2011/08...ally-need-more-recovery-time-after-a-workout/

We can do all we can to reduce the deterioration through staying fit and working out, but our bodies age and that is why there are few international rugby or football or tennis players in their late 30s, and absolutely none in their 40s. Time and tide wait for no man!

On the wet dream front... I think frequency varies by individual, but I find that regular sex and masturbation prevent them for me. Have you noticed any correlation between not ejaculating whilst awake for a period, and then having wet dreams?

When I got out of the military at age 27, I had wet dreams every single night for a year and half. I would have between 1 - 3 a night. It got real old, real fast. Now, at age 48 (almost 49) I don't have them at all. Much happier. The reason I'm not, I am thinking, is that I have enough sex while awake that I don't need it while I am dreaming.

Sklar

Reactions: Brad800
I work out with a pretty meticulous regimen, which includes only ejaculating after workouts or intense physical activity. That said, I either have sex or masturbate 3 or 4x a week, normally with high volume. I've noticed that through my late teen years and now my early 20's that I'm still having fairly frequent wet dreams. Is this a common thing due to age? Or do I need to be ejaculating more?

I don't think you need to be ejaculating more. I am in my 40's, and I have erotic dreams quite often (weekly). The only downside (if you can call it that), is that if I am not deep in sleep during these dreams, I wake before the finish, which makes them dry... I masturbate when I crave to do so. Not daily. Sometimes not weekly. My spots change.

But going back to your question.. You need to do what's right for you. Just don't waste your time comparing your needs to others. Provided you take care of your needs in the proper matter, there is no quota for male ejaculate.