Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not "stupid" but here's one pet peeve that really frustrates me. AT my gym, in the area with the cable machines, on one side are 2 cable crossover stations, directly opposite them are 6 cable stations (3 units, each with 2 separate adjustable cables) for exercises that only require a single cable. And nearly every time I want to use a crossover station for cable flys or another 2 arm/2 cable exercise, there is always one idiot in each crossover station doing triceps push downs, cable curls or whatever exercise that could and should be done on the single cables 5 feet away! Every. Single. Time!

steel33

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Had a guy in his 70s walk up to the seated bench right in front of the DB rack and proceed to do stuff on his cell phone, the one you use to do shoulder presses. After 3 weeks of this I asked the staff to talk to him about. I thought doing it myself might seem to aggressive.
Yesterday walked into the locker room to change back into street clothes and an older guy was bare as naked on the bench infront of the lockers, crap spread out in front of 5 lockers including mine reading the paper, all spread out wide
Are people that clueless to their surroundings? I just waded trough his shit and opened my locker.

Reactions: 51arledge

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Had a guy in his 70s walk up to the seated bench right in front of the DB rack and proceed to do stuff on his cell phone, the one you use to do shoulder presses. After 3 weeks of this I asked the staff to talk to him about. I thought doing it myself might seem to aggressive.
Yesterday walked into the locker room to change back into street clothes and an older guy was bare as naked on the bench infront of the lockers, crap spread out in front of 5 lockers including mine reading the paper, all spread out wide
Are people that clueless to their surroundings? I just waded trough his shit and opened my locker.
Boomers...

Reactions: YehoshBenZion

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People that don't clean the equipment after they use it. People that occupy equipment and text or talk on the phone while others are waiting to use that equipment. In the lockerroom guys that take up all the space on the bench with their stuff. Nothing is worse than come from the shower in nothing but a towel and trying to get to your locker and the guy with the locker next to yours has commandeered all of the space by your locker which leaves you either having to wait or kindly ask him if he can move his things so that you can get to your locker and put on some clothes. Happened to me yesterday. This guy had all of his toiletries lined up on the bench along with his clothes like he was at home.

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Technically so am I. I'm at the end of them.

It's just some people are more self absorbed than others.

You're right. It's not a generational thing. There was this young guy in my gym yesterday that was hogging several pieces of equipment (including the only squat rack) while he "worked" shoulders, video chatted with his buddy, and took selfies in the mirror.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Today there was a meat head in the lockerroom taking a bunch of selfies in the mirror. I gave him ample time to take a few but I guess he was in the midst of having a full fledged photoshoot. I had just come from the showers and was wrapped in nothing but a towel so I didn't want to chance being in his pictures since my locker was right behind him and my reflection would have been in his pictures. He eventually saw me standing there looking frustrated and put his phone away. There are plenty of full length mirrors on the gym floor so I don't understand why guys go into the lockerroom where men are changing or could be nude to take selfies. Phones in the lockerroom just seems very sketch anyway.

steel33

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This, at the Y at 1 in the afternoon. Some Whole walked away from this. The Y is loaded with old people. A girl about 19 got stuck with this mess and unloaded it. I was in a set but I did pull a couple of plates down before the pic was taken.

Obviously it was too much weight because whoever did this didn't have the strength to put anything away

Attachments

Reactions: Plasticroad1

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Today there was a meat head in the lockerroom taking a bunch of selfies in the mirror. I gave him ample time to take a few but I guess he was in the midst of having a full fledged photoshoot. I had just come from the showers and was wrapped in nothing but a towel so I didn't want to chance being in his pictures since my locker was right behind him and my reflection would have been in his pictures. He eventually saw me standing there looking frustrated and put his phone away. There are plenty of full length mirrors on the gym floor so I don't understand why guys go into the lockerroom where men are changing or could be nude to take selfies. Phones in the lockerroom just seems very sketch anyway.

At my humble little gym, you would lose your membership immediately for taking pics in the locker area. That have signs posted and it's listed in the membership contract we sign.

kdubb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of the most irritatingly stupid things I see in the gym shower is the towel dance. It's actually a pet peeve of mine and I do not understand why guys do it - seems like a lot of extra effort to feign some modesty or shyness around other males. We all come in different colors, sizes and shapes, but the bottom line is we're all males and we all have the same equipment. The gym locker room/shower area is a place where full on male nudity is expected and should be MANDATORY! Drop the fucking towel.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's a semi-regular, almost middle-aged, meathead who always hogs one area of the cable stacks doing hundreds of sets while grunting & groaning and wearing his stringer t-shirt. Granted he is fairly jacked, but he's also obviously obnoxious and thinks he's the Alpha gift to the gym. Sometimes his taking up space consists of just sitting on a bench in front of the equipment talking on his phone out loud.

Anyway, the other day, for whatever reason, he decided to hang upside down from the Smith Machine like a bat and then proceeded to twist and writhe upside down doing some Cathy Rigby shit that I guess was for his abs or something and all the time loudly grunting. Almost everyone stopped what they were doing to watch his performance; which was likely his intention.

After he tired of this, he then proceeded to dramatically knock out a few more lat pulldowns with a seemingly all too heavy amount that almost pulled him back up with the cable and then left.

I mentioned this to the employees there when leaving and they admitted they not only witnessed it but claim he's done that before and was warned about it. I felt like my next question should have been why was he still allowed to use the gym, but I just shook my head instead as given the amount of the things they look the other way on at that location it really no longer should surprise me.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

They do this in mine sometimes as well using the mirror at the bathroom sink, the issue being the urinals are directly across on the one side so if someone is taking a piss, they are going to be in their ego photo. Granted it will likely only be of someone's faceless clothed backside, but that's not the point as I personally don't want to be a permanent fixture on some meathead's Facebook or Instagram page while I'm just trying to do my business.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The gym locker room/shower area is a place where full on male nudity is expected and should be MANDATORY! Drop the fucking towel.

The locker room should be for getting changed not for your or anyone else's voyeuristic fantasies. That you think everyone should be forced or required to parade around nude shows just how pervasive this ridiculous kink is around here and also should answer any questions of why more men aren't comfortable with casual nudity.

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's a semi-regular, almost middle-aged, meathead who always hogs one area of the cable stacks doing hundreds of sets while grunting & groaning and wearing his stringer t-shirt. Granted he is fairly jacked, but he's also obviously obnoxious and thinks he's the Alpha gift to the gym. Sometimes his taking up space consists of just sitting on a bench in front of the equipment talking on his phone out loud.

Anyway, the other day, for whatever reason, he decided to hang upside down from the Smith Machine like a bat and then proceeded to twist and writhe upside down doing some Cathy Rigby shit that I guess was for his abs or something and all the time loudly grunting. Almost everyone stopped what they were doing to watch his performance; which was likely his intention.

After he tired of this, he then proceeded to dramatically knock out a few more lat pulldowns with a seemingly all too heavy amount that almost pulled him back up with the cable and then left.

I mentioned this to the employees there when leaving and they admitted they not only witnessed it but claim he's done that before and was warned about it. I felt like my next question should have been why was he still allowed to use the gym, but I just shook my head instead as given the amount of the things they look the other way on at that location it really no longer should surprise me.

Hanging upside down from the Smith Machine is stupid and dangerous. Sounds like he has multiple struggles.

Reactions: Plasticroad1

kdubb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The locker room should be for getting changed not for your or anyone else's voyeuristic fantasies. That you think everyone should be forced or required to parade around nude shows just how pervasive this ridiculous kink is around here and also should answer any questions of why more men aren't comfortable with casual nudity.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with your incorrect assumption of "voyeuristic fantasies". I do however agree with your statement that "the locker room should be for getting changed" but NOT while wearing a towel around the waist. Read my original post again in its entirety. The fact that you quoted only the last sentence takes it out of context and makes me think you may have missed something. The act of bathing - or in this case showering - is meant to be done while 100% nude in order to clean every part of the human body. Doing the towel dance while dressing or undressing is inefficient - the struggle to put on, or remove underwear while wrestling with a towel is nonsense to me. I just don't understand why a man would try to hide what God gave him. Quite frankly, I personally am not in the men's locker room/shower to see or be seen. I'm there to clean myself which by definition requires nudity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 51arledge

Frozen Heart

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The gym where I work out is incredibly peaceful. Now, I hate ppl that grunt when working out and ppl that throw their weights on the floor making all the gym vibrates. I hate them all and I hate anyone that disagrees with me.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
So they aren’t blocking equipment?

MrMizuno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At a popular gym I used to visit there was a girl who run on the treadmill like a penguin. Knees straight, arms stiff by the side, waddling at pace side-to-side. It was so bizarre and she was clearly uncomfortable. But every day for twenty minutes she'd turn up and make for the Antarctic.