Symmetry advice

Hey guys. I've been working out pretty hard for over a year and trying to eat right. I think I've caught the bug in terms of being addicted to seeing my body grow. My legs seem to be responding to my efforts but the rest of me I feel might be falling behind. Any tips on maintaining symmetry of the whole body while not letting my legs go down hill? Some pics attached so you can evaluate.
[photo="medium"]1177443[/photo] [photo="medium"]1177444[/photo] [photo="medium"]1177456[/photo]

John Again

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Hey guys. I've been working out pretty hard for over a year and trying to eat right. I think I've caught the bug in terms of being addicted to seeing my body grow. My legs seem to be responding to my efforts but the rest of me I feel might be falling behind. Any tips on maintaining symmetry of the whole body while not letting my legs go down hill? Some pics attached so you can evaluate.
[photo="medium"]1177443[/photo] [photo="medium"]1177444[/photo] [photo="medium"]1177456[/photo]
Can't give you any advice...only my approval and admiration! Perfect and amazing!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I disagree with the notion that you're not proportioned right. You look well balanced to me. Just keep doing what you're doing.

You could add some heavy deadlifts if you wanted to muscle up your back while giving your legs some work at the same time.

Reactions: deleted963073

I disagree with the notion that you're not proportioned right. You look well balanced to me. Just keep doing what you're doing.

You could add some heavy deadlifts if you wanted to muscle up your back while giving your legs some work at the same time.
Thanks. I do enjoy deadlifting. Did 495 5x5 just yesterday. Little sore today.

D

deleted963073

for most people, legs grow quick if honest, consistent and do more than leg extensions and hamstring curls. you look pretty symmetrical tho. maybe some heavy incline to bump up the chest more. but, solid man. keep it up. cheers

for most people, legs grow quick if honest, consistent and do more than leg extensions and hamstring curls. you look pretty symmetrical tho. maybe some heavy incline to bump up the chest more. but, solid man. keep it up. cheers
Thanks. You definitely have a chest worth admiring.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think you should obsess about minor little differences you perceive as indicating you are asymmetrical, don't develop a delusional body image disorder like a lot of "bodybuilders". You look great, most people would love to look like you. You may be unaware of this, but our basic body proportions are for the most part a result of genetics, assuming you have a balanced training routine. I'm not a bodybuilder, I train for athletic performance, but I don't have the sweeping quadriceps like you do, instead I'm very much more developed in the hamstrings and glutes. Most of this is a result of genetics but also due to the fact that my training environment is more hip dominant based (sprints, throwing, jumping, posterior chain lifting, etc.).

Reactions: hung9thick

Flexxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What some people fail to understand is that we all have "potential". We have genetics that determine the shape and size of a muscle. Of course, using some drugs may alter the size that can do nothing about the shape or insertions points of a muscle that will determine its overall appearance. Even using drugs some people will never put on the mass as much as others who may just be naturally gifted to have more muscle mass.

D

deleted994618

Ok First off great body to start but I understand what you're asking. I found what worked for me was lifting heavier in the upper body realm. You're stronger than you think but we tend to stay in a safe region at the gym but you need to start lifting some real weight to get over this plateau. on the bench press get your boy to spot you. There is a special wight point were its heavy that you can control the motion but not to light as to breeze through it. The next time you head to the gym add an extra ten pounds to what you're currently lifting you'll notice you can do it and I feel as though when I started lifting heavier I saw more results.

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Genetics play a big role mate, I wish my arms were thicker but they're quite long so they're gonna take time. Try supersets or dropsets on any parts you feel are lagging. That's the big problem with the sport, body dis-morphia, we'll never be happy :mad:

As far as I can see you're well balanced with a good set of wheels developing, keep doing what you're doing mate.

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that everyone's body is different and different areas are easier to grow. My chest adds mass easily, but my legs not so much. I just try to work on the slower growing areas more intensely.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Like every one said You look good and you are actually pretty symmetrical from my point of view but if you want to add mass without compromising your legs I would focus on multy joint movements, from most of the big lifts , like bench press, cleans, deadlifts and squats. Through in a few deltoid workouts that hit the three heads. Also a great way to build lats and abs at the same time is medicine ball rollouts.

Like every one said You look good and you are actually pretty symmetrical from my point of view but if you want to add mass without compromising your legs I would focus on multy joint movements, from most of the big lifts , like bench press, cleans, deadlifts and squats. Through in a few deltoid workouts that hit the three heads. Also a great way to build lats and abs at the same time is medicine ball rollouts.
What is a medicine ball rollout?

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It's exactly the same as a normal rollout with the ab wheel but you do it with a medicine ball. It looks almost stupid simple like one of those dinky exercises but it really works your core and your lats. I would put in on your back days if your routine is a body split one or on a pull day if you do a push pull routine.

He're a youtube clip that shows it.